PDA

View Full Version : how can ron paul win?

RonPaulSuperfan
02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum but a long-time RP fan. I'm wondering how RP has any chance now and how I can keep my grassroots group together? A lot of them are losing interest after suepr tuesday. Thanks!!!

phoenixzorn
02-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Ron Paul can win because there are only about half of the total delegates currently committed to any candidate. That means there are half left who are uncommitted or in states that haven't voted yet.

Basically, if we prevent McCain from getting 1191 delegates, we go to a brokered convention, in which anyone - incuding Romney, Thompson, and Giulliani - could win, and with the number of delegates that are committed to other candidates, but secretly support Ron Paul and are waiting for the brokered convention, we could win the nomination there.

The problem is keeping people from leaving because they think it's over. What people seem to not understand is that they aren't voting for the president right now, they are voting for the guy that goes up against the democratic nominee... We know that only Ron Paul can beat Hillary or Obama, because McCain is just as much - if not moreso - a liberal as Hillary or Barrack.

Ron Paul has specifically stated he will not drop out of the race until after the convention, and while it would have been nice to just get the popular vote, we've known we'll need to get to a brokered convention to win for months now. There just aren't enough people in this country that are awake enough and empathetic enough to get off their asses and do something.

That, and there are millions of Americans who obliviously and wantonly accept that the government runs their lives, provides for them, and it will only get better if the government has more of that power. Those are the ones that need to be educated, for while they may lose their federal funding of their own issues, it benefits everyone MORE to NOT have social programs funded by the government... That is what the States are for.

Legally, we should be called the United Countries of America, and really, the Federal Government is just a big governing body that we gave power to, in order to coin money, declare wars, and a few other limited... very limited powers. The Several States of the Union are actually individual countries or nations... don't believe me, go look up the definition of "a state."

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Physical violence works nicely. :( The beatings will continue until morale improves. Get thee behind me TROLL.