PDA

View Full Version : should we do away with Ron Paul rEVOLution sign?

Akus
08-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I heard a lot of people think RP is a musician or a skater or something and I can't blame them. I think we need to do away with it.

constituent
08-10-2007, 07:04 PM
then don't use it...

it seems like there have been atleast 20 threads on this subject... really though..

UTSE on this one.

Musician... skater....

different words that both mean POP ICON...

that's an excellent development... when a politician becomes a POP ICON... presidency is in their near future..

the ministry has spent the last year trying to turn Obamabot into a POP ICON, and it's not going over so great, he blows it for himself. individuals are turning Ron Paul into a POP ICON just by waving a banner... that's awesome!

BLS
08-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm learning that Akus is a troll.
He's not one of us.

brumans
08-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Everyone wants to be a part of a Revolution -- this is great marketing. Definitely keep it.

As for me, on my car for bumper stickers... I have a Ron Paul Revolution on the left, Ron Paul for president on the right.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Who made it up?

WannaBfree
08-10-2007, 07:10 PM
How would you do away with the signs anyhow? Tell people they can't like them?

shrugged0106
08-10-2007, 07:11 PM
He's not one of us.

there are definitely some others here as well.

jjschless
08-10-2007, 07:13 PM
He's not one of us.

Agreed

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 07:15 PM
We ca'nt "do away with them" because they're being made independently in many cases, it would also be a waste of time and effort to try and stop it. Just wouldn't make any sense.... it looks cool to me, very original, authentic.

hard@work
08-10-2007, 07:16 PM
That sign is one of the most effective pieces of marketing I have ever seen for a political candidate. And I've been in Mexico during campaign season.

jjschless
08-10-2007, 07:21 PM
That sign is excellent. Multi-layer marketing in a single word.

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 07:23 PM
No, it's a strong and very effective symbol. Regaining freedom isn't for the timid, so it is a gentle reminder and hearkens back to times of change in American history.

Some prefer to think of the sixties and some go farther back to the revolution that started it all.

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I heard a lot of people think RP is a musician or a skater or something and I can't blame them. I think we need to do away with it.

Sounds like an educational issue, not a sign issue. At least they might decide to find out.

specsaregood
08-10-2007, 07:25 PM
He's not one of us.

Agreed.
See here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=112885

max
08-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Those signs are awesome! They are cool, hip, and appeal to young people. One of best weapons we have!

People will know who RP is soon enough and those signs will tell them that he truly is different.

Besides, if you dont like something, dont do it. We are a decentralized guerrila force that doesnt take Marching Orders. The RP campaign wants us to be bold and creative. Even if some folks get carried away....RP keeps his hands clean.

Shink
08-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I'll give him a chance, but he's got the Finger of Suspicion pointed his way. I won't vote for this, though, pretty bad thread idea.

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 07:28 PM
He's not one of us.

He is somewhat on the pessimistic side methinks. :confused:

Hurricane Bruiser
08-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm making up a R{evol}ution sign on an almost full sheet of plywood (4x7) which I will be putting up on an empty lot that receives vehicle traffic daily in the thousands. I'm adding President 2008 to the bottom as well as ronpaul2008.com to avoid confusion.

It gets people's attention.

freelance
08-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Surely you jest! Chances are, if they don't like the sign, they aren't going to like what Ron Paul stands for. NEXT!!!

Lesgov
08-10-2007, 07:32 PM
No way
It describes Ron Paul perfectly, this is a revolution.

Chester Copperpot
08-10-2007, 07:33 PM

YEah dude,,, Even Fred Thompson is copying Ron Paul.

Have you seen the Fred Thompson Phenomenon T-Shirt???

What are you a neo-con fantasy boy? Your time is running short

Swmorgan77
08-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Yep, it is great. It peaks people's curiosity and then when they encounter Ron Paul on the internet later they pay attention or they go look him up themselves.

This is way more effective IMO than just saying "Ron Paul for President 2008" because many people just switch off to that...

Swmorgan77
08-10-2007, 07:34 PM
YEah dude,,, Even Fred Thompson is copying Ron Paul.

Have you seen the Fred Thompson Phenomenon T-Shirt???

What are you a neo-con fantasy boy? Your time is running short

LOL that is so LAME!!

Hey guys, can I play too...can I, can I, can I?

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
/sigh Akus posted another downer thread lol.

:confused:

I don't know about you guys, but I feel a bit Ron Paul'ed out. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11837):rolleyes:

BuddyRey
08-10-2007, 07:42 PM

Tell folks he's a constitutional rockstar!

Akus
08-10-2007, 07:43 PM
He's not one of us.there are definitely some others here as wellagreedAgreed.See here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=112885He is somewhat on the pessimistic side methinks. :(

I don't appreciate being called a troll.

I've donated $2300 to the RP campaign and have adopted 30 Iowans and actually considered adopting more. I just paypaled $150 to the Ron Pauler in AL so he'd have some $$$ to set up his Ron Paul tent.

Until every single soul on this board can testify that they gave out this much and/or more to RP, kiss my ass. Undertand?

Shink
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Let this thread die, we need to focus.

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 07:51 PM

I've donated $2300 to the RP campaign and have adopted 30 Iowans and actually considered adopting more. I just paypaled $150 to the Ron Pauler in AL so he'd have some $$$ to set up his Ron Paul tent.

Until every single soul on this board can testify that they gave out this much and/or more to RP, kiss my ass. Undertand?

I never called you a troll, you messed up your quotes in your post, someone else said that and I don't know of any "kildebar" out there. :rolleyes:

Just try to remember that people don't like to be faced with negativity from other supporters, we get enough negativity from the MSM and everywhere else.

Kuldebar

McDermit
08-10-2007, 08:18 PM
blah blah blah blah blah

i would never use the revolution sign all by iteself.. but as long as there's something else nearby, it's great to pique people's interest.

McDermit
08-10-2007, 08:19 PM
also, I like Trollie Strawberry Puffs. Best candy ever!

beermotor
08-10-2007, 08:37 PM

If you are so r33t, why be so negative about the DIY action? That confusles me.

stevedasbach
08-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Friends,

Having a different opinion doesn't make someone a "troll".

The Revolution signs appeal to some people -- they don't to others. That's the beauty of Ron's decentralized campaign. Different people try different approaches, which attract a wide variety of supporters. No single approach could be as effective.

Revolution9
08-10-2007, 08:42 PM
He's not one of us.

ADL/Mossad types have had an operation going on in Hot Topics for a few weeks that ended up getting a die hard Ron Paul supporter banned while they maintained positing rights. I am glad people are starting to recognise and call these people out. The ranks must remain open but those who show their colors by divisive ~polls~ like this one should be treated warily and their suggestions taken to be jaundiced. They may just be reforming repugnocrat neocon types or Bushrats jumping ship and trying to mold ths R3V0_lution of the people into a campaign without trying to understand this phenomena.

They should be spanked and outed. Their replies should be listened to. Remeber what RP said about listening to your enemies.

Nuff Said
Randy

beermotor
08-10-2007, 08:58 PM
ADL/Mossad types have had an operation going on in Hot Topics for a few weeks that ended up getting a die hard Ron Paul supporter banned while they maintained positing rights. I am glad people are starting to recognise and call these people out. The ranks must remain open but those who show their colors by divisive ~polls~ like this one should be treated warily and their suggestions taken to be jaundiced. They may just be reforming repugnocrat neocon types or Bushrats jumping ship and trying to mold ths R3V0_lution of the people into a campaign without trying to understand this phenomena.

They should be spanked and outed. Their replies should be listened to. Remeber what RP said about listening to your enemies.

Nuff Said
Randy

I dunno, I am not much of a conspiracy guy but I agree with Randy on this one. It just doesn't have much place in the campaign. It's hard enough to keep spirits up with the David and Goliath action we've got going on... why the senseless slagging? It seems like people always want to complain about something they cannot control, because they cannot control it... a little ridiculous, if you ask me.

blazin_it_alwyz
08-10-2007, 10:02 PM

why, oh why would you even WANT to get rid of the logo? I don't understand the reasoning for condeming the usage of the sign? Did you really take the time to sit down and think about if that would REALLY be a good idea?

First of all, that logo is probably one of the best designs I have seen, much less for a presidential candidate! It's fresh, it's a great design (LOVE BACKWARDS? I would have NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT!) The message of Revolution and Love in the design is such a subliminally powerful message! Furthermore, the logo stands out quite possibly so much as to GRAB ATTENTION while people are driving, walking, etc. Name 1 sign that the other candidates have that stand out better than the Revolution sign. You couldn't possibly name one, because it DOESN'T EXIST.

Do you really want a bland sign to represent Ron Paul? Ron Paul is different. That's why we needed a different, hip sign to catch eyes and tell people in 1 word or less, what is Ron Paul is all about. Revolution baby. And there is a lot of love and passion in what this man wants to do. And the fresh logo is a call to the youth of our nation, which we HAVE to grab if we have any hope in these elections.

I am sitting here completely dumbfounded, here I was thinking that was one of the best signs ever, and here the maker of this thread comes, actually raising a fuss about one of the best logos I have ever possibly seen.

Furthermore, that is exactly what we want. Either 1 of 2 things. To get people to hear about him and what he is all about, OR to get people to hear about him. It doesn't matter for the most part if some people think he is a "pop star". Because their going to say "Wow this guy is a famous pop star", and then they are going to hear his name on the internet or other means, and they are going to say

Wow Ron Paul I heard about him, I hear about him constantly, and he's not even a pop star? Oh he wants to be president. Wow people must really love him if there are all these signs around. That was a pretty sick sign. Let me just see what this guy is about

And BAM, they learn about him, which is a younger demographic we want to cater to, and they spread it.

No offense, but I think it is a ill-thought out and completely idiotic idea. If anything we should embrace it, and if ANYTHING, you should just be suggesting to people that in ADDITION to the rEVOLution sign, they should add Ron Paul for President, or a URL right underneath, not try to abolish the sign ITSELF. Sheesh.

disinter
08-10-2007, 10:16 PM
He's not one of us.

I'm starting to think the same thing.