PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh (almost) Made a (semi) Ron Paul Endorsement!

KevinDW78
02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I just heard Limbuagh say "Maybe we should all rally around Ron Paul - at least he actually believes in the Bill of Rights!"

mlingley
02-11-2008, 11:25 AM
OMFG About time.

Janet0116
02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Maybe you should have done that 6 months ago, you douche

zach
02-11-2008, 11:38 AM
If his head wasn't stuck far up somewhere..

maybe he's peeking out.

hard@work
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM
I just heard Limbuagh say "Maybe we should just rally behind Ron Paul - at least he believes in individual rights!"

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=612

GO EFFIN GET HIM PEOPLE

kathy88
02-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you for posting that.

evadmurd
02-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I heard it, and in context of the monologue, it came no where close to an endorsement. He was just listing options to supporting the current leader (who he hates). it was nice to at least RP as being an option though. He even said a Leiberman/McCain ticket might be another option.

cameronb
02-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I was listening too -- he said something along the lines of the following:

Rush Limbaugh:
"I've been thinking.... maybe I should subscribe to the New York Times and then endorse John McCain" (clearly tongue-in-cheek)
"....or I could endorse Huckabee just because he keeps winning, hanging in there" (he's been bashing Huckabee for weeks)
"...or maybe we should all rally around RON PAUL, at least he actually believes in the Bill of Rights!"

The Ron Paul one is a QUOTE, the other two very close paraphrase. While he might be warming up to Huck a bit, I'd say in the overall context it was very positive. I really don't think he was serious with the Lieberman with McCain as VP thing.....

I think Rush is a spineless windbag, but this mention of RP was positive!

A. Havnes
02-11-2008, 11:54 AM
He should have done this a LONG time ago!

Phenom24
02-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Holy crap - maybe he read my email

Logistics
02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=612

GO EFFIN GET HIM PEOPLE

Go to it!!

ambiguousscion
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Limbaugh usually ignores Paul and then he insults him...

KevinDW78
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Yeah I understood the context of what Limbaugh was saying - it was pretty much sarcasm. But what he said at least was a correct representation and not an insult.
(I fixed my quote too in my original post, I wasn't sure how correct I had gotten the quote.)

ArrestPoliticians
02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Maybe you should have done that 6 months ago, you douche

well said, timing is the litmus test for sincerity.

Peace&Freedom
02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Regardless of his motive or sincerity, the fact that now it's months past the crucial point when this kind of acknowledgement could have swayed minds. The fact that Rush still has to couch the positive words in an equivocal fashion shows how tight the media blackout is and remains.

eloquensanity
02-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah I understood the context of what Limbaugh was saying - it was pretty much sarcasm. But what he said at least was a correct representation and not an insult.
(I fixed my quote too in my original post, I wasn't sure how correct I had gotten the quote.)

Yes I heard that quote and I thought he was being sarcastic

Computer
02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Stop hatin' on Rush. He's steeped in party politics. Maybe now, at least, they can start to ruminate about Paul's positions. That's a good thing. Be open minded to that. The CPAC speech gained a lot of respect from conservatives. Support Paul support and don't play the woulda shoulda game. We need to bring real conservative values back to the party over the long term. Change happens slowly.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Earlier in the show when discussing foreign policy, he stated something to the effect of "that everyone on our side wants to win in Iraq, well except for maybe Ron Paul", and then he said something else I forget but it wasn't that negative and wasn't that positive, mostly about diversity in the Republican field.

ConstitutionReinstitution
02-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Hurricane B. I heard him make almost the same statement a couple weeks ago. He said "well none of the candidates are opposed to defense, except for Paul"

Don't trust him. He is a hippocryte with a capital H.

CaveDog
02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Limbaugh is far too philosophically invested in the Iraq war to seriously endorse Ron Paul.