PDA

View Full Version : Don't think a couple wins early/on super tuesday was important??

wfd40
02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
CNN and the rest of the MSM is now broadcasting full, live Huckabee stump speeches! LOL...

rope-a-dope = worst strategy of all time

If hq had actually gotten their stuff together, the country would likely be listening to a couple Ron Paul stump speeches... imagine that! In other words.. the Revolution Will not BE Televised

:mad:

njandrewg
02-11-2008, 11:35 AM
they are doing it because there are now 2 of them left(to the media). Remember the last debate? Huck got almost as little time as Ron. If Romney didn't drop out he wouldn't get as much time

Airborn
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
your right "The Revolution will not be Televised" what don't you get about that?

acptulsa
02-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Come off it already. The official campaign did what campaigns do. The media conspired to alternately ignore Paul and laugh at him. We and they have made a considerable splash in the face of that. I'm old enough to have seen many Libertarian Party runs and various other third party candidacies from Perot to Nader, and to put it simply, Paul was painted from the start in the same way that third party candidates are painted.

Have you ever seen the episode from The Simpsons from back in '96 where they parodied the Clinton/Dole race? Both were replaced by evil aliens in disguise. When the truth came out, someone in the crowd yelled, "I'm voting for Ross Perot" and the crowd perked up. Then one of the evil aliens said, "Go ahead. Throw your vote away," and laughed maniacally. Then the crowd's faces all fell again and a collective groan was heard. At the end, Homer says to Marge, "Don't blame me, I voted for [the other alien]."

This is nothing new. This is why Dr. Paul doesn't seem thrilled by a third party run. Maybe the campaign hq didn't run the most brilliant race in history, but it was far from the worst.

Furthermore, a brokered convention does hold hope for our cause yet. Chill out. Maybe we couldn't save America against its will, but we may turn out to be the spark that ignites the convention. In any case, we're sure to be a force for evolution.