PDA

View Full Version : Rush Just Said, Maybe I Should Endorse Ron Paul

michaelwise
02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
While pondering who he should endorse, Rush Just Said, Maybe I Should Endorse Ron Paul, at least he believes in The Bill of Rights.

pacelli
02-11-2008, 11:23 AM
WHaaat!?

RonPaulFever
02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Say what you want about the man, but at least he's intelligent enough to see that McCain and Huckabee are frauds.

Come on Rush....you have the power to turn the tide here!

Airborn
02-11-2008, 11:25 AM
fa reelz?

ShowMeLiberty
02-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Gee, Rush,... ya think so? Fer cryin' out loud - just do it man!

FarSide
02-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Come on Rush....you have the power to turn the tide here!

Yeah, how'd that go for Romney?

MJfromCT
02-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Legalize Drugs, of course Rush should support him, duh.

aravoth
02-11-2008, 11:28 AM
While pondering who he should endorse, Rush Just Said, Maybe I Should Endorse Ron Paul, at least he believes in The Bill of Rights.

They should have endorsed him months ago. Instead they beat the drum for the open border, high tax, big spending, cival rights smashing liberals that infected our party.

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Rush is an entertainer first, political thinker second. The political scene is his stage and he wants a stage upon which he can be most entertaining and draw the most listeners. Rush will take care of Rush first, the truth a distant second.

Mystile
02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Ive always thought of Rush as a neocon hack, but at least he's gonna a bit of sense in him.

michaelwise
02-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I generally see Rush as a big bag of hot air. On some issues he is 100% correct, on some he is completely wrong. However, you cannot overlook his definitive power and dominance of his popularity. If he wanted to, he could clearly define what the true conservative believes, and identify those people in our government who adhere to these principles, such as Ron Paul. I would respect his opinion a little more if he did this.

DahuiHeeNalu
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Gee, Rush,... ya think so? Fer cryin' out loud - just do it man!

I agree and Rush is a smart man!

yongrel
02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Wait... what?!

klamath
02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Rush used to hold a lot of swaying power until his hypocritcal drug use.

thrillhouse
02-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I like him, even though his ego is bigger than mount everest. I'd like him more if he endorsed RP.

hard@work
02-11-2008, 11:41 AM

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=612

GO EFFIN GET HIM PEOPLE WE NEED HIM RIGHT NOW

and someone tell campaign HQ to have Paul surprise visit Rush with a "Letter of Marque and Reprisal".

Todd
02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
He's not a Neocon according to what I heard him say...I head the excerpt driving to lunch...
He called out McCain, Bill Kristol, and David Brooks as the ones bastardizing conservatism.

He actually said he should maybe come out for Hucabee...or Paul.

unklejman
02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Clarification and context:

He said maybe I should endorse McCain, (something else about it) Maybe I should endorse Huckabee (some stuff about him) or MAYBE we should all rally around Ron Paul, at least he believes in the bill of rights.

Original_Intent
02-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Now that it is practically too late, a lot of buyers remorse is setting in among conservative (and I use that term loosely) pundits.

I have read so much stuff about how great Ron Paul is today, I jsut want to go shake the authors and ask them where the hell they were a month ago.

rollingpig
02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
no thanks

fabijo
02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
What was his tone of voice when he said maybe we should rally around Ron Paul? He could have said it mockingly.

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 11:47 AM
then sign the petitions on main page of grassroots,hold the gop's feet to the fire;)

no more mercy;)
Sign Petition,spread far and wide
PLEASE SIGN ASAP http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118306

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
they only have one choice RON PAUL,theres no maybe anymore;)

i suggest all that opposed ron paul,better start doing some serious ass kissing right about now;)

thats my take,if the republican party has any chance in the general election,they better do some serious kissing___, and make RON PAUL the biggest story in HISTORY;) and getting in line,until then THEY ARE DOOMED ;)

SWATH
02-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't get too excited, he said it kind of off the cuff as an aside. I did not detect any sincerity, only that he was contemplating an absurb proposition.

gjdavis60
02-11-2008, 11:51 AM
They should have endorsed him months ago. Instead they beat the drum for the open border, high tax, big spending, cival rights smashing liberals that infected our party.They beat the drum for the warmongers!

transistor
02-11-2008, 11:53 AM
it's messed up. when i listen to rush, i think his views are very close to ron's except for that on the war

fuzzybekool
Ron Paul has defeted most of the Neo-Cons and Liberal Republicans the media and the establishment had to throw at us. Why not endorse Ron Paul ? Better than McCain, Huckabee, Hillary, or Obama.

klamath
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=612

GO EFFIN GET HIM PEOPLE WE NEED HIM RIGHT NOW

and someone tell campaign HQ to have Paul surprise visit Rush with a "Letter of Marque and Reprisal".

I totally agree with RP however as someone who has listened to Rush since the day he took over for Morten Downey on kFBK in Sacramento (early 80's) I listened to him rip liberatarians over legalizing drugs. One specific caller got ridiculed and slamed because he said he was addicted to MJ and didn't want to be a criminal because of it.
"Just quit" he was told.

austinchick
02-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Rush likes to tease

mczerone
02-11-2008, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't get too excited, he said it kind of off the cuff as an aside. I did not detect any sincerity, only that he was contemplating an absurb proposition.

This is even how I read the OP, how could one take it any other way: Rush was saying the the GOP is becoming so ludicrous to him that he might do something insane in retort, like endorse Paul.

At least Rush remembers Paul's name, its been a week and a half since anyone mentioned him.

cameronb
02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I was listening too -- he said something along the lines of the following:

Rush Limbaugh:
"I've been thinking.... maybe I should subscribe to the New York Times and then endorse John McCain" (clearly tongue-in-cheek)
"....or I could endorse Huckabee just because he keeps winning, hanging in there" (he's been bashing Huckabee for weeks)
"...or maybe we should all rally around RON PAUL, at least he actually believes in the Bill of Rights!"

The Ron Paul one is a QUOTE, the other two very close paraphrase. While he might be warming up to Huck a bit, I'd say in the overall context it was very positive. I really don't think he was serious with the Lieberman with McCain as VP thing.....

I think Rush is a spineless windbag, but this mention of RP was positive! His tone was not mocking at all when he brought up Ron Paul. He at least sounded sincere.... As others have said, too little, too late, and he didn't even stay on topic, he quickly moved on as might be expected. But, maybe better late than never?

Truth Warrior
02-11-2008, 11:58 AM
ALL politics is theater.<IMHO>

hawks4ronpaul
02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Hypothesis: Popcon (pop-culture media "conservatives") statements about supporting Hillary over McCain were to make supporting Paul over McCain look conservative (not radical).

Many people WANT to like RP and it is our job to give them a face-saving path to do so.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Henry
02-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Call him!!

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 12:06 PM

Steganography. The public telegraphing of a message from one faction to another. Rush may be working for the White Hat Constitutional Cowboys after his drug bust. Coulter and Limbaugh n the same weekend right before McCain explodes spectacularly.. I am telling you.. there is major shit with intel agencies and high finance going on in the background. Cheneys office did not catch on fire.. That was an explosion and firefight over documents needed to bust people hard.

Best
Randy

SWATH
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
If you call here is what to say:

-You are looking over the remaining Republicans trying to figure out who to support
-You don't like McCain or Huckabee from listening to the show
-You rememberred that there was someone else running but thought he dropped out
-Then you found out it his name was Ron Paul and that he didn't drop out
-You concluded that the reason you thought he dropped out was because he was getting NO MEDIA ATTENTION
-You remember Rush saying look to the candidate that the liberal drive-by MSM ignores
-So you researched him and it turns out that this guy Ron Paul is amazing and a true conservative
-Then ponder why you hadn't heard much about him at all. Could it be that the liberal MSM knows that he is the only one that could beat the Democrat nominee? Or is the media pumping McCain and Huckabee to deal a death blow to the already fracturing Republican party?

steph3n
02-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Steganography. The public telegraphing of a message from one faction to another. Rush may be working for the White Hat Constitutional Cowboys after his drug bust. Coulter and Limbaugh n the same weekend right before McCain explodes spectacularly.. I am telling you.. there is major shit with intel agencies and high finance going on in the background. Cheneys office did not catch on fire.. That was an explosion and firefight over documents needed to bust people hard.

Best
Randy

Interesting, but I'd think they'd have ridden the white horse to rescue sooner. Maybe they needed to let the black fog set in first.

Shink
02-11-2008, 12:11 PM
I want to see an endorsement. 'Til then, Rush is still on my shitlist.

Henry
02-11-2008, 12:12 PM
If you call here is what to say:

-You are looking over the remaining Republicans trying to figure out who to support
-You don't like McCain or Huckabee from listening to the show
-You rememberred that there was someone else running but thought he dropped out
-Then you found out it his name was Ron Paul and that he didn't drop out
-You concluded that the reason you thought he dropped out was because he was getting NO MEDIA ATTENTION
-You remember Rush saying look to the candidate that the Drive-by MSM ignores
-So you researched him and it turns out that this guy Ron Paul is amazing and a true conservative
-Then ponder why you hadn't heard much about him at all.

Yes!!!

charlotteronpaulguy
02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
He said something about Ron Paul again. He was talking about how no one in the race will bring the troops home because even the democrats wouldn't commit to it when they were asked about it a few months ago in a debate. Then he said something like, 'with the exception of Ron Paul. Who is a wildcard in this race, a true wildcard'

charlotteronpaulguy
02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Rush on why he will not support John McCain:

"The failure of establishment republicans to uphold conservative principles in the last decade or more has resulted in the mess that they are complaining about. This mess is a result of their failures and false promises. Now they are seeking a new definition of conservatism and this new definition is not conservative because it requires an expanding government."

affa
02-11-2008, 12:25 PM
None of them can truly endorse Ron Paul favorably. Get over it, they never will - because they are not allowed to.

That said, on a personal level some talking heads support Ron Paul. Slipping in sideways comments is the best they can do given their limitations.

JoeyA
02-11-2008, 12:27 PM
C`Mon Rush!Stop teasing us!Endorse Ron Paul and get your respectability back!

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-11-2008, 12:28 PM

haha

shooter_tx
02-11-2008, 12:36 PM
A day late and a dollar short, Rush.

That said, it's about fucking time.....

I just sent an email to Mark Levin the other day, but I doubt he'll respond. :mad:

shooter_tx
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Ive always thought of Rush as a neocon hack, but at least he's gonna a bit of sense in him.
He actually used the full-version of the word "neocon" a few weeks ago.

He was talking about how the Conservative movement is split three ways:

"First, you've got the fiscal conservatives. These are the people supporting Mitt Romney. Next you've got the Evangelical conservatives. These are the people supporting Mike Huckabee. And finally you've got the national security conservatives..... the neoconservatives..... and these are the people supporting John McCain."

I was just incensed that he excluded Ron Paul, who is better on all three points by any objective analysis*, but I was just happy that Rush was able to get the word "neoconservative" out of his mouth. Small victories. Baby steps.....

* Better on spending and the economy. Better on freedom of religion and religious expression (albeit not on forcing a certain brand of religion down people's throats). Better on national security (albeit not on forcing a certain worldview down other sovereign nation's throats).

shooter_tx
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Now that it is practically too late, a lot of buyers remorse is setting in among conservative (and I use that term loosely) pundits.

I have read so much stuff about how great Ron Paul is today, I jsut want to go shake the authors and ask them where the hell they were a month ago.
Yup. Buyer's remorse is right.

SteveMartin
02-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Maybe the humble pie that Rush has had to eat over his drug use had made him feel a sense of his own vulnerability. Couple that with his (so far) failure to stop the McCain train, and his credibility is at an all-time low RIGHT NOW.

Endorsing Paul would be a HUGE step for him, and he might lose the network over it. I doubt he'd do it, but you never know. It would be a huge gamble for Rush, but a HUGE boost to our campaign. We could win over it, and a rising tide raises all ships...including the EIB Network.

He could even quit the Masons (he's reportedly a 33rd degree, and those people are notoriously pro-world government)....but, anything is possible...

kickzman
02-11-2008, 12:46 PM
A day late and a dollar short, Rush.

That said, it's about fucking time.....

I just sent an email to Mark Levin the other day, but I doubt he'll respond. :mad:

MArk Levin is the biggest Neocon ***.

itshappening
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Get RP on the show, 1 on 1 in the studio, would be interesting

email them and ask them to make it happen!

Henry
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Get RP on the show, 1 on 1 in the studio, would be interesting

email them and ask them to make it happen!

If your reffering to the campaign, I'll be shocked if they did. I hope I'm wrong!!!

itshappening
02-11-2008, 12:57 PM
If your reffering to the campaign, I'll be shocked if they did. I hope I'm wrong!!!

email Rush and tell him to get RP in the studio for an hour 1 on 1 mano o mano

grizzums
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree and Rush is a smart man!

Although, I agree with rush on some of his talking points, I have always thought both he and glen beck are completely intellectually challenged.

I wouldn't put either of their IQ's in a range that might support a claim of them being considered "smart men"...but that's just my opinion.

With that being said, I do think that they hold some level of influence amongst their demographic herd.

Henry
02-11-2008, 01:06 PM

I just did. rush @eibnet.com

MicheleFloyd
02-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Why is he just now saying this? Ron Paul has been talking common sense ever since God was a boy. Someone in his position has no excuse, but all the same, I'm glad to hear it. He's still a twit, however.

ambiguousscion
02-11-2008, 01:12 PM
A while ago Neil Boortz was going to have Ron Paul on, but for some reason HQ or Ron decided not to at the last minute...:rolleyes:

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
they only have one choice RON PAUL,theres no maybe anymore;)

i suggest all that opposed ron paul,better start doing some serious ass kissing right about now;)

thats my take,if the republican party has any chance in the general election,they better do some serious kissing___, and make RON PAUL the biggest story in HISTORY;) and getting in line,until then THEY ARE DOOMED ;)

keep plugging away pal. Good job. McCain is going to eviscerate publicly shortly with several different wings having hammers of doom poised above his campaign. Huckabee is already parroting RP one by one so it isn't noticed. There are backroom deals to knock the neocons out of the catbird seat. This is a very plastic year unlike anything ever seen. Hold onto your seats and keep plugging away at what you do best.

Best regards
Randy

Best
Randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Contemplation is the mother of realisation.

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
They beat the drum for the warmongers!

Rush got turned after his drug bust and NOT going to jail.

Randy

Heather in WI
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
He just said the GOP needs to return to "Constitutional Conservatism"!

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I totally agree with RP however as someone who has listened to Rush since the day he took over for Morten Downey on kFBK in Sacramento (early 80's) I listened to him rip liberatarians over legalizing drugs. One specific caller got ridiculed and slamed because he said he was addicted to MJ and didn't want to be a criminal because of it.
"Just quit" he was told.

And then he got caught in a hypocritical sting and was turned.

Randy

rg123
02-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Do you realize how much money Rush will make if a Dem wins the office. He will be on every day screaming liberal this and liberal that. Business will be real good for Rush. I'd bet he is loving every second of it. Rush loves Rush

morerocklesstalk
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Are you sure he didn't say the the pill of rights?

Henry
02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Apparently the first email to Rush was wrong, my email just kicked back. Here is the correct one.

mailto: ElRushbo @eibnet.com

wv@SC
02-11-2008, 01:35 PM
C`Mon Rush!Stop teasing us!Endorse Ron Paul and get your respectability back!

It'll take more than that for him to get that back in my opinion. To me, it doesn't matter (except for the multitudes of sheeple that listen to him) who he endorses. If Rush endorses somebody, then you probably need to check and make sure you aren't making a mistake.

itshappening
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Do you realize how much money Rush will make if a Dem wins the office. He will be on every day screaming liberal this and liberal that. Business will be real good for Rush. I'd bet he is loving every second of it. Rush loves Rush

so true..... good for ratings

shooter_tx
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Maybe the humble pie that Rush has had to eat over his drug use had made him feel a sense of his own vulnerability. Couple that with his (so far) failure to stop the McCain train, and his credibility is at an all-time low RIGHT NOW.

Endorsing Paul would be a HUGE step for him, and he might lose the network over it. I doubt he'd do it, but you never know. It would be a huge gamble for Rush, but a HUGE boost to our campaign. We could win over it, and a rising tide raises all ships...including the EIB Network.

He could even quit the Masons (he's reportedly a 33rd degree, and those people are notoriously pro-world government)....but, anything is possible...
I sometimes wonder if that's why Rush is not so tentative about supporting Paul. His career and livelihood would be in jeopardy.

If you're reading this Rush, it's OK. We'll keep you afloat if you're on the right side.

Richard in Austin
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
After all his bloviating about 'true conservatism', he has lost any credibility he might have had by not endorsing Ron Paul.

Rush is just another sock puppet, and a drug snob/hypocrite.

constituent
02-11-2008, 01:50 PM

funny, i thought it was his only quality worth defending.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
Anybody have a YouTube of it?

Soccrmastr
Someone needs to upload a clip of this!!!!!

shooter_tx
MArk Levin is the biggest Neocon ***.
He's a huge neocon, and one of Hannity's best friends.

And although [unlike Rush] he's never been able to bring himself to use the term "neoconservative" in anything approaching/resembling a negative light, he does speak poorly of "pseudo-conservatives." Which is close.

Again, some of these guys are so entrenched, it's going to be a series of baby steps to save them.

theseus51
02-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't know why we need a youtube. It was like half a sentence, and the original poster said what it was exactly.

shooter_tx
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
He just said the GOP needs to return to "Constitutional Conservatism"!
There's hope for him yet.

I'm a classical liberal from a philosophical perspective. But politically I'm conservative...... from the time of the Founders.

I'm all about trying to *conserve* the classical liberalism of the Founders, if that makes sense.

MadTheologian
02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
*jaw drops*

Richard in Austin
02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Of course, with a Ron Paul presidency, and a sympathetic Congress, Rush wouldn't have much to bitch about, as others have already said. Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, and other professional complainers would lose raison d'etre and market share.

Goldwater Conservative
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Rush on why he will not support John McCain:

"The failure of establishment republicans to uphold conservative principles in the last decade or more has resulted in the mess that they are complaining about. This mess is a result of their failures and false promises. Now they are seeking a new definition of conservatism and this new definition is not conservative because it requires an expanding government."

What's insane is that he's supporting many of these pseudo-conservative ideas as if they're actually conservative.

"First, you've got the fiscal conservatives. These are the people supporting Mitt Romney. Next you've got the Evangelical conservatives. These are the people supporting Mike Huckabee. And finally you've got the national security conservatives..... the neoconservatives..... and these are the people supporting John McCain."

He's obviously misinformed. The neocons are not national security conservatives, they're open border nation-builders who want to spend trillions of our tax dollars and lose thousands of our troops in police efforts around the world that mire us everywhere while leaving us completely open to attack here at home and doing nothing to address the state-less nature of the terrorist threat.

hawks4ronpaul
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM

I was just incensed that he excluded Ron Paul, who is better on all three points by any objective analysis*, but I was just happy that Rush was able to get the word "neoconservative" out of his mouth. Small victories. Baby steps.....

* Better on spending and the economy. Better on freedom of religion and religious expression (albeit not on forcing a certain brand of religion down people's throats). Better on national security (albeit not on forcing a certain worldview down other sovereign nation's throats).

David Frum had the same talking points about the 3 factions/candidates, and Frum also ignored that RP is all of them wrapped in one.*

*Except RP is not neocon BECAUSE RP is for national security.

kigol
02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Rush is an entertainer first, political thinker second. The political scene is his stage and he wants a stage upon which he can be most entertaining and draw the most listeners. Rush will take care of Rush first, the truth a distant second.

so true

angelatc
02-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I don't think of Rush as a neocon hack. I think of him as an anti-Democrat hack. His show reaches it's heights (or lows, depending on where you stand) when the Dems are in office. He made a career off of Clinton bashing.

Cowlesy
02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Until they eat their rhetoric and admit that Ron Paul is absolutely strong on National Defense, I won't listen to any of these hacks.

I feel like we didn't bang that drum hard enough that Ron IS strong on Nat Defense for all the chickenhawk fraidy-cats.

They wouldn't "get it" anyway as they lost their objectivity and reason long ago.

wgadget
02-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Is it possible that Rush listened to Ron Paul's (and the others') CPAC speech?

Is it possible that he agrees with most of what Ron Paul said?

angelatc
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Yes, Rush could certainly invite Paul to appear on his show, even if it's for no other reason than to remind his listeners of what a real conservative sounds like.

wgadget
02-11-2008, 02:16 PM

I don't think Rush does interviews.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
it's messed up. when i listen to rush, i think his views are very close to ron's except for that on the war

couldn't agree more. If Ron had McCain's determination on this war you would see Conservatives backing him in droves.

Publius Freeman
02-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Just sent an email to ElRushbo@eibnet.com

(If Rush is for Freedom, Prosperity and Peace...We the People are with him!)

RP2008!

syborius
02-11-2008, 02:54 PM

hahaha! im sure thats what was swimming around in Rush's mind/body when he finally came to this realization.

trout007
02-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I like Rush becuase of his humor. He is really good at getting people going with sarcasm. I have a feeling he said what he did to tweak us.

Paul Revered
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I posted the OP on MySpace.

kgiese
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Excellent, I am sure any politician would welcome a vote from anyone. Sometimes they even bus them in to vote. I just hope he wasn't high when he said this, or if he was that he is when he decides to vote. Dependant state learning in action. That is money well spent.

Bruno
02-11-2008, 03:22 PM
IMHO, Rush is slowing tearing down Huckabee and McCain, saying there is no one in the party who has true Republican convictions, then he will drop bombs like "Maybe I should support Ron Paul".

This will allow him to look like he has truly done his homework and Ron Paul is not the kook that the MSM has painted him to be.

theczar1776
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM
wow

Todd
02-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I guess what makes me the most angry and frustrated with Rush talking this way now...is that it seems a bit late to start lamenting over McCain's success and start pushing the two guys Paul and Huck who at least represent core conservative stances...not to mention the two guys who could have pushed McCain out of the forefront with a brokered convention.

MindStalker
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah, how'd that go for Romney?

Actually I think it helped him some, Romney gave the McCain backlash that was brewing NO time to build.

Computer
02-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Criticizing Rush for the past doesn't help. Help Ron Paul influence the party going forward. Rush is shackled by party politics against his will. Be open minded and supoprtive of any respect that Ron Paul achieves. The CPAC speech made a lot of people think hard about the position our country and party are now in.

fedup100
02-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Well now that Ron has done a Texas side step drop out he can say that safely.

WilliamC
02-11-2008, 04:19 PM
And here I heard him today saying Ron Paul was fringe because he didn't support the war in Iraq.

I think Rush just says things for ratings.

It is so obvious that Ron Paul is the only Conservative in the race, especially since Fred Thompson dropped out, that for Rush not to talk about Ron Paul tells me Rush isn't honest.

He is either compromised by the establishment or has sold out.

Staupostek
02-11-2008, 04:25 PM
It seems like Rush has adopted the victim mentality that he used to bemoan when the liberals did it. He seems to always gripe about conservatives being crapped on in this country. But when a true conservative candidate comes along, he does nothing to help him. I bet when McCain/Hillary/Obama become president, he will gripe about people not supporting conservative principles in the Rep. party.

Bruno
02-11-2008, 04:28 PM
He said something about Ron Paul again. He was talking about how no one in the race will bring the troops home because even the democrats wouldn't commit to it when they were asked about it a few months ago in a debate. Then he said something like, 'with the exception of Ron Paul. Who is a wildcard in this race, a true wildcard'

Wildcard indeed!!!

Weren't the Giants also the Wildcard? ;)

robatsu
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Ron Paul has been getting serious rehabilitation since Romney quit and showed the mainstream conservatives how it feels to be on the losing side of the column. This game is far from over.

Computer
02-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Some Mexican nationals robbed a liqour store, maybe the neo-cons should invade and occupy Mexico for 100 years??

Richandler
02-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Talk Radio has lost it's power of influence lately. All of the hosts have shown distaste with McCain yet McCain kept coming away with victories. We'll see what Huckabee's momentum will do and if Ron can't get up in a few states too to maybe place even more doubt in Republican voters.

hawks4ronpaul
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Talk radio might be past its prime but helped to kill the "amnesty bill" and mobilize the anti-McCain crowd.

NEPA_Revolution
02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
I heard this with my own two ears, then shit my pants, then heard the last five minutes of what should have been him talking replaced with commercials.

shooter_tx
02-12-2008, 09:50 AM
I heard this with my own two ears, then shit my pants, then heard the last five minutes of what should have been him talking replaced with commercials.
Have "they" disappeared El Rushbo? :eek:

;)

cazeringue
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
He's not a Neocon according to what I heard him say...I head the excerpt driving to lunch...
He called out McCain, Bill Kristol, and David Brooks as the ones bastardizing conservatism.

He actually said he should maybe come out for Hucabee...or Paul.

I've always found him to be pretty accurate. Granted, he may have been the target of a few Neocons.

TastyWheat
02-21-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think Rush should endorse him. I mean, his criticism of McCain probably even helped his campaign. The best thing Rush and all the other conservative hosts should do is apoligize for giving Ron Paul the short end of the stick.

ScottA
02-21-2008, 04:08 PM

If this is true and he is in entertainment then he ought to back RP. If he did he'd probably double his listeners.

It would be a good move on his part.

kathy88
02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Ron Paul came out in support of Rush when he was getting wasted int he media over the prescription drugs.