PDA

View Full Version : Enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzu
08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Bush should just declare a national emergency - which we definitely have, economically - and appoint Ron Paul as the new president, and then go take a flying leap off some bridge to nowhere.

If Bush was half a man, that's what he would do. Why put the nation through all this BULL, the damned campaigns are a waste of everyone's time and money, and meanwhile the country's going to hell in a handbasket.

WE NEED Ron Paul in the White House NOW, not 17 months from now!!!

trispear
08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Bush can't appoint anyone President. Sorry, not Constitutional.

Though he can resign, and Cheney comes on Board.:eek: Cheney then can resign, and Pelosi can come aboard:eek:

BTW, is there a Constitutional or explicit procedure to get a new Vice-President in between elections? Like when Nixon resigned, and Ford came abord, did he have a way to appoint a Vice-President? Or will it always be Speaker 3rd in line throughout the term?

Suzu
08-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Bush can't appoint anyone President. Sorry, not Constitutional.

Very little of what Bush does is Constitutional. If he declares a national (economic) emergency, which he MUST do if he is an honest man, because we ARE in a state of emergency, then he has carte blanche as a DICTATOR and can do whatever the heck he wants.

AnotherAmerican
08-10-2007, 06:57 PM
is there a Constitutional or explicit procedure to get a new Vice-President in between elections?

25th Amendment, section 2:

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

IOW, if Cheney resigns, Bush can nominate a new VP, and step down once that new VP is confirmed by Congress. This is how Gerald Ford became President: VP Spiro Agnew resigned, Nixon nominated Geral Ford, Ford was confirmed, Nixon resigned.

jj111
08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I believe that the US has officially been in more than one state of national emergency for decades, because some of the ones that we declared in the past were never officially declared to have ended.

trispear
08-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, there is a way for Ron Paul to get in Office then^_^ Spoke too early.

freelance
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Bush should just declare a national emergency

Actually, he did just that! I had thought that the EO about Lebanon was pretty much just like the one about Iraq, where they can grab assets.

OH NOOOOOOOO!

Check out this sentence:

Lebanese sovereignty contribute to political and economic instability in that country and the region and constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/08/20070802-1.html

I just discovered this today.

CJLauderdale4
08-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Congress unconstitutionally voted to allow the Fed to run the Treasury, why not some shmuck to run the entire freakin' country???

dseisner
08-10-2007, 07:40 PM
We could always have a revolution...?

dseisner
08-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Actually, he did just that! I had thought that the EO about Lebanon was pretty much just like the one about Iraq, where they can grab assets.

OH NOOOOOOOO!

Check out this sentence:

Lebanese sovereignty contribute to political and economic instability in that country and the region and constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/08/20070802-1.html

I just discovered this today.

Read this executive order. It does say that. March on Washington for the impeachment of Bush is Sept. 15. Sign the petition at impeachbush.org.

Politeia
08-10-2007, 08:19 PM
If he declares a national emergency ... then he has carte blanche as a DICTATOR and can do whatever the heck he wants.

I believe that the US has officially been in more than one state of national emergency for decades, because some of the ones that we declared in the past were never officially declared to have ended.

It started with Lincoln, who declared an emergency and delegated dictatorial powers to himself, and Congress didn't stop him. That was actually when the republic died; since then it's been a charade. I haven't studied it myself, but I've read that every president since Lincoln has renewed the "emergency" he declared, which supposedly is what gives them the power to rule by decree, as Lincoln did. Dubya didn't create this situation, he has only made efficient (and far more open) use of it.

The fact is, there is no provision in the Constitution for any kind of "emergency" or for the president to be granted special powers in any case. There was such a provision in the constitution of the Roman Republic, where the Senate could give one man special, essentially unlimited powers for a limited period of time (six months or so, I think it was) to deal with an emergency situation. Such a man was called a "dictator", and that is where we get this term. This also included being protected from prosecution for anything he did during that time.

Sulla was the first to be given that power, I think, and he used it to slaughter everyone he didn't like. When his term as dictator was over, he simply retired to the country. Julius Caesar was also granted dictatorial powers for a couple of years, but when it began to look like he was going to assume the position of a king -- thus returning Rome to what it was before the Republic had been founded centuries before -- a group of republican conspirators assassinated him. Which led, ironically, to the final collapse of the Republic, civil war, and finally restoration of order under Imperial rule.

Officially, of course, the Republic lived on, with a "functioning" Senate -- which respectfully requested the various emperors to manage the Republic's affairs during the state of emergency -- which lasted for another 400 or so years, until the barbarians finally completely overran Rome.

The Founders, of course, being educated men, were all very familiar with this history -- which is probably why they made no provision for "emergencies" or a "dictator" in the Constitution. Just as "war is the health of the state", the "emergency" is the natural habitat of the political insect.

freelance
08-10-2007, 08:26 PM
It started with Lincoln, who declared an emergency and delegated dictatorial powers to himself, and Congress didn't stop him. That was actually when the republic died; since then it's been a charade. I haven't studied it myself, but I've read that every president since Lincoln has renewed the "emergency" he declared, which supposedly is what gives them the power to rule by decree, as Lincoln did. Dubya didn't create this situation, he has only made efficient (and far more open) use of it.

The fact is, there is no provision in the Constitution for any kind of "emergency" or for the president to be granted special powers in any case. There was such a provision in the constitution of the Roman Republic, where the Senate could give one man special, essentially unlimited powers for a limited period of time (six months or so, I think it was) to deal with an emergency situation. Such a man was called a "dictator", and that is where we get this term. This also included being protected from prosecution for anything he did during that time.

Sulla was the first to be given that power, I think, and he used it to slaughter everyone he didn't like. When his term as dictator was over, he simply retired to the country. Julius Caesar was also granted dictatorial powers for a couple of years, but when it began to look like he was going to assume the position of a king -- thus returning Rome to what it was before the Republic had been founded centuries before -- a group of republican conspirators assassinated him. Which led, ironically, to the final collapse of the Republic, civil war, and finally restoration of order under Imperial rule.

Officially, of course, the Republic lived on, with a "functioning" Senate -- which respectfully requested the various emperors to manage the Republic's affairs during the state of emergency -- which lasted for another 400 or so years, until the barbarians finally completely overran Rome.

The Founders, of course, being educated men, were all very familiar with this history -- which is probably why they made no provision for "emergencies" or a "dictator" in the Constitution. Just as "war is the health of the state", the "emergency" is the natural habitat of the political insect.

That's correct, but I had no idea that the Decider Man had declared one all by himself.

rg123
08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Yes our Boy Bush most definitily declared a National Emergency on August 2nd
I have written several letters to all networks asking when they are going to
inform the general public of it but no takers yet. If you dont keep an Eye on this site http://www.whitehouse.gov/news you will miss some of the things this nut
is up too.

slantedview
08-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Congress unconstitutionally voted to allow the Fed to run the Treasury, why not some shmuck to run the entire freakin' country???

I've been wondering this...

Why can't someone sue and bring the issue to the supreme court, being that the Fed is unconstitutional?

Avalon
08-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I've been wondering this...

Why can't someone sue and bring the issue to the supreme court, being that the Fed is unconstitutional?

Because it was cleverly designed to not be overtly unconstitutional. It's only unconstitutional in terms of the original intent...which many politicians and judges feel is anachronistic or judges feel like they get to reinterpret it because "it's a living document."

Quantumystic
08-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Read this executive order. It does say that. March on Washington for the impeachment of Bush is Sept. 15. Sign the petition at impeachbush.org.

Unfortunately, the "anniversary" of 9/11 is 4 days BEFORE that... and expect a "terrorist" attack that day that will be the pretext for Martial Law.

We're looking at the EndGame, people. Time to do some Soul Searching.

Syren123
08-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately, the "anniversary" of 9/11 is 4 days BEFORE that... and expect a "terrorist" attack that day that will be the pretext for Martial Law.

We're looking at the EndGame, people. Time to do some Soul Searching.

And most people refuse to see it. I wonder about it every day, how people can go on so blithely ignorant, ingoring everything that's going on right under their noses. Freaks me out.