PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck: Ron Paul Doesn't Resemble the Republican Party

thePhilosopher
02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
After a rant about how we cannot economically maintain all of these proposed government programs and wars, Glenn seemed a little annoyed that RP wouldn't test the waters of a 3rd party run. He said that RP doesn't resemble the Republican Party, and he should wear that as a badge of honor.

Now that RP has his back against the wall, GB gives RP props, either earnestly or out of hate for McCain.

itsnobody
02-11-2008, 09:28 AM
wait, what? what did he say exactly? a good thing or a bad thing?

youtube

Mystile
02-11-2008, 09:28 AM
can this ass ever make up his mind?

blakjak
02-11-2008, 09:30 AM
You cannot get more Republican than Ron Paul.

Bruno
02-11-2008, 09:30 AM
At least he is acknowledging Ron Paul. He was blinded by his mormon love for Romney this whole time.
I am enjoying watching the Republicans say that neither of the front runners are true conservatives. They keep ignoring Dr. Paul, but in due time they will not be able to avoid the issue much longer.

polexi
02-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Just ignore this tosser. One day he loves him, the next day he hates him. This guy is a fraud.

robmpreston
02-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Uhh, I think that's a compliment guys. He's saying that the party is broken and Ron Paul is above them.

dbhohio47
02-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Same thing is going on with Pat Buchanan and Chris Matthews. They were both making pro-Paul points this morning. Maybe they figured after running out of things to NOT say.... some 'too little, too late' acknowledgement of RP's platform would be acceptable to their bosses.

thePhilosopher
02-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Uhh, I think that's a compliment guys. He's saying that the party is broken and Ron Paul is above them.

Yeah, it was meant to be a compliment. The Republican party is unrecognizable anymore. When someone with RP's views is treated like an outsider, a crazy uncle, then I know that I and others like me are no longer welcome in the party.

pacelli
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Glenn Beck is going to need psychiatric care after the election.

me3
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Glenn Beck is a tool, he's trying to absorb Ron Paul voters into his audience.

If we don't trust the MSM, why the heck are people so concerned by what they say?

Don't empower them, and they will disappear into irrelevance.

tommyzDad
02-11-2008, 09:50 AM
He said that RP doesn't resemble the Republican Party, and he should wear that as a badge of honor.

Beck, you're such an asshat. It's the other way around. Paul is the Republican Party.

RonPaulalways
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
At least Glenn Beck is giving him positive attention. I prefer him to any of the other talking heads right now.

thePhilosopher
02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Beck, you're such an asshat. It's the other way around. Paul is the Republican Party.

Who's Republican Party are you talking about? Because you cannot be talking about the one I see and read about, the one who has lost its soul and core values. The one who treats RP like a leper. No, that's the Republican party of Huck and McCain.

pacelli
02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
At least Glenn Beck is giving him positive attention. I prefer him to any of the other talking heads right now.

If he's serious, he needs to pull a Hannity and admit over the air who gets his vote. Hannity finally said he was voting for Romney (then he dropped out-- ha ha). Beck should come out and say he's voting for RP.

mtmedlin
02-11-2008, 09:56 AM
You cannot get more Republican than Ron Paul.

Your right, but he said he didnt resemble the party (in its current state) which he is right.

werdd
02-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Beck said he could vote for Paul, even if he was 3rd party.

I like glenn TBH, hes my favorite pundit. If he ever got over the islamic boogeyman, he is the closest to our values as far as mainstream political shows go.

Mort
02-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Someone made a good point. I think Beck is trying to increase his audience with Ron Paul supporters.

Crickett
02-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Someone made a good point. I think Beck is trying to increase his audience with Ron Paul supporters.

Well, he will have to do better than that to get me to watch that station anymore, for anything.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Glenn Beck is going to need psychiatric care after the election.

Maybe he and Rush can get with Hannity and ask for a group rate. :D

Everyone seems to have a different definition of conservative and Republican.

yongrel
02-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Glenn Beck: Desperate for viewers since day 1

dealerjim
02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
The media wants RP to run third party so they can bash him about going back on his word. Ron Paul has emphatically said that he has no intentions of running outside of the republican party. Doing so now will just give the media fuel for the fire.