PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Tricks

hbedford
02-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm in VA and just received a phone call from a Hucklebee supporter telling me that Ron Paul just dropped out. I asked him why I should choose Huckleberry and he said because he will restore Christian values. I then asked if lying was one of those values he was refering to.

I'm so pissed right now I'm shaking. I just wanted ya'll to know what we are up against. My husband said his friends in MD are receiving the same calls.

nc4rp
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
= show up at the polls with a table and refreshments, bottled water, SIGNS, etc.

Show em what is up.

ps. you should expect these types of treachery. EXPECT IT. overcome it.

MJfromCT
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey, Huckabillies fascism will come to this country wrapped in a flag, carrying a cross.

Agora
02-11-2008, 09:03 AM
we say: he who lies, steals, he who steals kills.
not a long way to go

freelance
02-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Call the talk radio stations, the local media, anyone who will listen. Tell them your experience. Write a letter to the editor about lying, get the word out--whatever it takes.

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I hope to heaven they call me in Richmond VA. They won't know what hit them.

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
be ready to record this call before they call you...we need evidence

PauliticsPolitics
02-11-2008, 09:44 AM
become a prec. leader and make calls to let everyone know that RP is in the race and doing quite well.

goldstandard
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
RECORD THESE CALLS!!!

yongrel
02-11-2008, 10:12 AM
It's times like these that I remember why I hate Huckabee.

Phantom
02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
As goldstandard said: RECORD THESE CALLS!!!

Gertie
02-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Is it possible to trace back the phone id and call, and try to catch them in the lie? Just say you called back for verification because you can't quite believe it, and wanted to know more about hicklebee, and be recording it all the while.

goldstandard
02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Is this the same call?

http://www.nolanchart.com/article2615.html

Huckabee Thinks Paul Isn't A Candidate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An automated "survey" calling machine is making calls in Virginia prior to Tuesday's primary in support of Huckabee which asks who Virginians will support among John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee. Ron Paul isn't on the list of choices.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Walt Thiessen
(Libertarian)
In a phone survey being offered to Virginia Republican voters today, just two days before the Virginia primary, Ron Paul is once again persona non grata. According to the survey, he doesn't exist.

I took the call just a few minutes ago from this survey outfit. It starts off by asking if I'd be willing to spend 45 seconds on their survey. I said okay. That turned out to be a joke. Seven minutes later, the phone call finally finished.

Anyway, they began by asking if I was voting on Tuesday. I said yes. They asked if I would be voting in the Republican primary. I said yes again. Then they asked me the big question: "Now that Mitt Romney has dropped out of the race, who do you plan to support, John McCain or Mike Huckabee?" There was no option for picking Ron Paul. I laughed and said, "Neither one."

Apparently, the computer making the call wasn't happy with the answer, so it asked me specifically, "Do you plan to vote for John McCain?" I answered no. I gave the same answer when it asked whether I was voting for Huckabee. Not to be outdone, the computer then asked if I was going to vote for Romney even though he had dropped out of the race. I answered no yet again.

The programmer still wasn't satisfied, so that's when he had the computer start in on the loaded questions. Apparently, the programming assumes that if you aren't supporting Huckabee or McCain you must be supporting Romney. It proceeded to give me a series of some of the most loaded questions I've ever heard that made it quite clear who the survey was being made for. Every question was designed to make Mike Huckabee sound good. Every question was designed to make Mitt Romney sound bad. Every question was designed to marginalize front-runner John McCain. And of course, Ron Paul was nowhere to be found in any survey question.

It then proceeded to ask me a series of issue questions, using each issue to make a direct argument about why Mike Huckabee is the best choice, then asked me whether I agreed. The questions were so heavily loaded that a six-year-old would have said, "Huh?"

The funniest/saddest part was when the call finally ended, another voice came on the phone just before it hung up and said that the survey was being conducted by a group whose name I couldn't catch (it was said very quickly) and which I didn't recognize. Then, the voice completed the call by saying that they weren't associated with any political campaign. That's when I burst out laughing.

Just in case the people who programmed and paid for that automated survey computer want to know, I'm planning to vote for Ron Paul on Tuesday. Take that and stick it up your survey computer!

davidkachel
02-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm in VA and just received a phone call from a Hucklebee supporter telling me that Ron Paul just dropped out. I asked him why I should choose Huckleberry and he said because he will restore Christian values. I then asked if lying was one of those values he was refering to.

I'm so pissed right now I'm shaking. I just wanted ya'll to know what we are up against. My husband said his friends in MD are receiving the same calls.

Get names. Report them.

goldstandard
02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
This is from F$&%kabees webpage:

Super Saturday And Ice Packs
by Mike Huckabee
Send to a friend

It was a Super Saturday. A big win in the Kansas Caucus, a popular vote win in Lousiana's primary and in Washington the vote is still undecided even though many news outlets have projected Sen. McCain as the winner. We are committed to making certain every vote in Washington is counted, and you can expect me to update you on the situtation soon.

Now let's focus on Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.

Every vote is critical. Each and every vote. Let Washington be a lesson to us all, please contact everyone you know in these two states in the District of the Columbia and ask them to consider voting for our campaign. Make a list of the people you know living there and contact them today. But don't stop there. Contacting friends and family outside of Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia is just as important, because they might have connections to voters in these primaries.

Please help us make calls into Virginia today. We have 40,000 calls to go. Contacting each of these voters is critical to our success on Tuesday. Helping identify pro-Huckabee voters will give us the opportunity to remind these voters to get to the polls on Tuesday and VOTE HUCKABEE!

Lets look at the recent results for our online, volunteer phone program and the successes we have had:

Kansas: Made 28,000 Calls and We Won.

Georgia: Made 40,000 calls and We Won.

Alabama: Made 20,000 Calls and We Won.

Tennessee: Made 15,000 Calls and We Won.

So will you help us make the remaining 40,000 calls into Virginia? Are there 10,000 individuals willing to call a minimum of 4 voters each? Making these calls will take about 5 minutes of your time today.

To make calls you must be a Ranger (membership is free). Signup is easy. We provide scripts and voter records to call. Click here to signup and join the Rangers.

Anyone here a undercover 'ranger'? Maybe we should contact these voters?
Talk to them about Taxhike Mike?:D

Avalon
02-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't understand. He may be an awful guy, with an awful platform, and he may use dirty tricks to steal Ron Paul supporters but we NEED him to win tomorrow. So please get out as many voters for Huckleberry Hound as you can. I'm not sure if I could vote for himself with RP on the ballot, but you can at least get others to vote for him as a lesser of evils (not saying that's a valid reason, but it works well with others).

slamhead
02-11-2008, 10:53 AM

Do you have a caller ID on this guy?

hyoomen
02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Are there any legal actions that can be taken? Do we need to consider holding Huckabee accountable enough that he has to send out a message to his supporters asking them to cease and desist?

hillertexas
02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Call the talk radio stations, the local media, anyone who will listen. Tell them your experience. Write a letter to the editor about lying, get the word out--whatever it takes.

+1

wrinklepup
02-11-2008, 10:58 AM
this is what they are saying over at the huck's forums...I hate these people..and I wish our RP supporters would stop telling everyone over there what our goals are..they hate us, and were using us to help them..

http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9652

I agree... can we not waste our time or brain power on this foolishness? No one on the RP side wants to admit the obvious, their candidate quit the race. You can tell me all about the words that were said or written in his less than inspiring note, but those words are meaningless as his actions are all that matter.

This isn't the race for student body president, where you can take a few weeks off to vacation with your parents in Orlando, then get back to it when you're finished. This is the race for the president of the united states! You are either in an all out race to the end or you're not. There is no "scaling back." The idea that someone in a serious race for the presidency could "focus on a congressional race", and still act as if hes a real player in the race is miles past ridiculous. Can you imagine McCain - "I need to take some focus off this President thing, so I can secure my seat in Arizona, but I will still show up to the caucuses and stuff and plead my case." They would laugh him out of the spotlight faster than he could run.

The only reason they haven't hit RP hard on this, is because he hasn't won any states or proven any real support from the majority of American people.

It's time that we all call a spade a spade. He quit. He is no longer in the running. He can show up to caucuses, and show up to the convention with his delegates, but its over. He is taking the money that people donated to him to run for president, and he is going to spend it on his congressional race.

This idea of a brokered convention, and RP waiting in the wings like a leopard ready to pounce is silly. If you are crossing your fingers waiting for another candidate to force a brokered convention so you can get in there and state your case, then you are effectively insignificant in the race. You have to show up to a brokered convention with something to bargain with. Winning 0 states out of 50 is a bad start. Having under 100 delegates is a weak hand. Consistent single digit numbers in key states is a death knoll.

He will have NO PULL and nothing to bargain with. This idea of him being some sort of King Maker with his delegates is misunderstood. After the first round, all delegates are free. Then the candidates make their case. Ron is more than welcome to make his, but unfortunately, just wanting to be president because you like your own ideas and have a small gaggle of outspoken supporters, isn't enough. You have to show that a vast majority of Americans would back you in the general election. Period.

Even Huck would have a battle on his hands, and to force the brokered convention, he'd show up with 700+ delegates, all the Red southern state wins, a huge state count falling in his column down the stretch, and a ton of credibility.

So PLEASE, can we right here and now, stop talking about Ron Paul and get back to the task at hand?!!!

acptulsa
02-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I've got one name for you--George W. Bush. Jackass said this weekend that McCain is a conservative, which I guess is Iraq War Lie #1001, and that "in the interests of fairness" he must mention that "there is another conservative in the race, Mike Huckabee." No third conservative in the race according to W.

I guess a candidate that holds true conservative values but doesn't support W's splendid little quagmire isn't conservative.

Good luck suing him. I'm trying to figure out how to get Texans mad at W for stabbing a fellow Texan in the back.

Ronin
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Make liars out of them. Make sure there is a RP sign at every polling place. Preferably someone handing out literature.

kickzman
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Lol I remember when Wolf was reporting on WA results he was like" And Ron Paul has 21%...yes he is STILL in the race" I'd say thats evidence of tampering.:D

Ex Post Facto
02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I don't understand. He may be an awful guy, with an awful platform, and he may use dirty tricks to steal Ron Paul supporters but we NEED him to win tomorrow. So please get out as many voters for Huckleberry Hound as you can. I'm not sure if I could vote for himself with RP on the ballot, but you can at least get others to vote for him as a lesser of evils (not saying that's a valid reason, but it works well with others).

You are a reprobate, a shill and a demoraliser. Clowns like you kill the donation cycle and dash hopes. Kindly walk off a short pier immediately. You are not needed here and I will make your life miserable here if you keep this shit up. Heads up other forum members. Hit this bastard hard till he shuts up or leaves or changes tune.

Randy

terryhamel
02-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm with you, Randy. Not only does Avalon have the message wrong, he is spreading the wrong message. That's not what this forum is for, so he's not for the forum.

BreakYourChains
02-12-2008, 12:46 PM

Avalon, who are you supporting here? Let the chips fall where they may, let the people vote as their heart dictates. DO NOT tell people NOT to vote for Ron Paul. It is not the lesser of two evils, it is still evil. You appear to support someone other than Ron Paul. If not, think. We want to win and show support for Ron Paul. We don't need to build more support for Huck.

slantedview
02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
my response would have been:

"you are LYING about dr. paul having dropped out, and you want me to support your guy? fuck off asshole"

Avalon
02-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Avalon, who are you supporting here? Let the chips fall where they may, let the people vote as their heart dictates. DO NOT tell people NOT to vote for Ron Paul. It is not the lesser of two evils, it is still evil. You appear to support someone other than Ron Paul. If not, think. We want to win and show support for Ron Paul. We don't need to build more support for Huck. I didn't spend the last 9 months of my spare time and delay oral surgery for 8 months (so I could donate to RP) to gain popularity on this forum. I didn't do it to feel good about myself or to be a martyr. I did it because I knew we had an actual chance for something we, as a country, desperately need at this critical time. The best outcome is gone now, but there are other good potential outcomes that are all worth a fair amount of effort/money. The best one left is having a brokered convention with enough delegates to determine (or prevent) the nomination.

If you guys think that having 6.5% instead of 6% (I don't pretend that more than a half percent could be swayed by comments made in this forum) in the Potomac primaries is worth more than improving our chances at a brokered convention, then that's fine. But I have every right to think differently and express it. I'm not one of the trolls who has been spreading negativity and squashing hope on this forum, nor am I spreading misinformation or purposely/vehemently disagreeing with someone who knows what they are talking about just to confuse others or discourage the informed person from posting. I'm still here because I still believe the potential outcomes (at their current probabilities) available to us warrant further investment and will probably still be here (or wherever we move to) when the election is over with. But we must always consider optimizing our investment in any way possible if we want to improve our chances/outcome.

Like I said before, I'm not sure I myself could be rational enough to vote for anyone but Ron Paul in these primaries today (I'm certainly emotionally invested, and it's "only one vote"). I put it out there for consideration, especially in light of threads like these that are for attacking the Huckabeast instead of promoting Ron Paul. Attacking him at this point is an absolute malinvestment. There are also people who will vote for whom we advise/tell them to because they personally don't care. AFAICT the positives of saying to them "vote for Huckabee so RP delegates have more power" outweigh the negatives. But everyone needs to do their own cost/benefit analysis and arrive at their own conclusion. It seems to me, however, that the opposing analysis proffered thus far has been primarly based on emotion, with no real logic presented.

lastnymleft
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM

Here is the OFFICAL response to such suggestions:

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/11/if-youre-for-ron-paul-vote-for-ron-paul/

Avalon
02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Here is the OFFICAL response to such suggestions:

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/11/if-youre-for-ron-paul-vote-for-ron-paul/ The campaign can't tell us to vote for someone else; if they did it would it be misinterpreted amongst supporters and used against us by our enemies. The argument they present in that response is merely emotional and shouldn't be given preference to logic.

IRO-bot
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Who had that signature with all the Troll difinitions. We need him right now. You sir Avalon are an Agent!

Jodi
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Is this the same call?

http://www.nolanchart.com/article2615.html

I got that same type of call just before KS caucus. The one I got even asked me about my rep j moran.