PDA

View Full Version : What time does Ron speak tomorrow?

fletcher
08-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know what time Ron is scheduled to speak tomorrow? I want to make sure I make it there on time. Hopefully I'll get the right tickets to see him talk.

DeadheadForPaul
08-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Are there official speeches covered by the MSM going on or are these just stump speeches?

tiznow
08-10-2007, 06:20 PM
They start at noon think they get 15 or 20 min to talk, Ron Paul is 4th so between 1pm and 2pm. Very relieved he didn't get last, of course mitt is first :) Doubt media will broadcast them although i'm sure they will show clips of them after the fact etc. You need a red ticket to get into hilton, blue ticket only get you voting privileges. Also I understand it they will have "mosh pit" tickets for non voting people (out of staters)/underage people etc. They will be in the front by the stage to wave signs in front of the various candidates they are supporting we should have a great showing in that. :)

Ron Paul Fan
08-10-2007, 06:31 PM
C-SPAN will be airing the speeches starting at noon Iowa time.

0zzy
08-10-2007, 06:36 PM
They talk to all the voters before the voters vote? Dude, we got this in the bag then! :P

Ninja Homer
08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Here's the schedule, as well as speaking order and other stuff: http://www.iowagop.net/downloads/Straw.Poll.Info.pdf

Voting starts at 10 AM, so no, not everybody will hear them speak before they vote. From what I've heard, people on buses get herded straight to the voting booths, so as not to get distracted by other candidates.

tiznow
08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
They talk to all the voters before the voters vote? Dude, we got this in the bag then! :P

they talk to whoever is in the hilton at the time although i believe all the tents will have video feed of the speeches as well and they have offshooting voting sites (you can vote in 3 buildings) that i think will have video as well.

tiznow
08-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Here's the schedule, as well as speaking order and other stuff: http://www.iowagop.net/downloads/Straw.Poll.Info.pdf

Voting starts at 10 AM, so no, not everybody will hear them speak before they vote. From what I've heard, people on buses get herded straight to the voting booths, so as not to get distracted by other candidates.

yup most of um will be pointed directly to the voting booths for sure. Most years the speeches are a footnote but with some special interest tickets/undecideds roaming around this year the main people to sway will be the fair tax contingent etc wish ron paul had a chance to chime in on the fair tax question at the iowa debates of course they didn't let him.

Perry
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Paul is scheduled to speak at 1:45 Central time.

Gee
08-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I hope RP is speaking the whole time in front of his own tent... He'd probably gather larger crowds.

0zzy
08-10-2007, 11:25 PM

We got the #1 booth! Woo! After looking at that it looks less evil than I imagined.

richard1984
08-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I thought that I had heard that it would take a couple of days for the results to be released. But apparently they'll be ready tomorrow evening. I'm glad there isn't going to be a wait.

danda
08-10-2007, 11:40 PM

If this is true, then it sounds like it could be a very good idea to have Ron Paul supporters strategically positioned to be passing out literature as people get off the buses.

This seems so obvious -- folks on the ground are almost certainly already all over it.