PDA

View Full Version : GRASSROOTS! This Is Now OUR Campaign to Run As We See Fit!!!

StarKissed
02-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Grassroots Will Now Run The Campaign The Way We Decide !!!!

This excerpt is from The Daily Paul reguarding a post from Lew Rockwell's site. They are on fire. Go to this site for INSPIRATION & FOCUSED TASKS. Let's either join them, or get started here with those strategies. Our enthusiasm needs to be rekindled! We Needed Direction, and Now We Have it.

"Dr. Paul's latest communiqué to us has put this election into our hands. He's pairing back the staff and getting them out of your way. What happens from here on out is completely up to you. I believe that you'll rise to the occasion. While a large majority of the Republican apparatus has treated Ron Paul as if he had a contagious disease, he has bravely defended the constitution and his oath. Now the hardest part of our battle comes and it is up to us to prove we can match Dr. Paul's courage and work ethic..."

(Continued here)
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/36947

P.S. Destroy McCain!

m72mc
02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
:D:D

liberteebell
02-11-2008, 07:58 AM
Let's run with it and help the other states with upcoming primaries.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-11-2008, 07:59 AM
That's a good way to look at it. Though the message was bungled and likely not written by Dr. Paul, I think the scaling down of the campaign is a bit over-exaggerated. Why would the campaign maintain full, active staffs in the twenty plus states that have already voted? They can be re-activated and re-staffed if and when Dr. Paul is the nominee.

Until then, let the grassroots take the bulk of educational work in the states that have voted, and the campaign thrust in states yet to come.

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 08:00 AM
www.revolutionmarch.com

SteveMartin
02-11-2008, 08:04 AM
It has always been about the grassroots. The official campaign just never figured that out.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-11-2008, 08:13 AM
It has always been about the grassroots. The official campaign just never figured that out.

Neither did much of the grassroots. People who keep looking to the campaign for answers are the same wanting less federal government?

virgil47
02-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I too want less federal government. However that does not mean I want less leadership. A country or a campaign that is led by a loosely organized group of individuals is doomed to failure as one hand will not know what the other is doing. We have needed a coordinated plan from the begining. RP's inability or lack of desire to manage his campaign staff has truly hamstrung our efforts to get him elected. If we are able to get a brokered convention and are lucky enough to get RP the nomination I am afraid that this apparent lack of interest on his part will cost us the election. As much as he may dislike the thought he needs to learn the basic tenets of giving a speech. He needs a small group to help him anticipate questions that may be asked of him. This same group must help him devise answers that are concise and smoothly delivered. Many of you on this board may feel that this approach will make him seemed contrived and rehearsed because you have become accustomed to his mumbling and rambling method of responding to questions. I am growing tired of having to explain to prospective supporters that he does not suffer from senile dementia but simply has not given any thought to prospective questions and mumbles a bit as he tries to formulate an answer. His rambling is another symptom of his lack of preparation as he tries to get all the information imparted to his questioners. Many of you may not like my criticism of RP and the campaign but it is offered with the genuine hope that both he and his campaign staff will wake up and provide the leadership that is so sorely needed. By the way I do support RP and his ideas. I am a delegate to our county convention here in Washington State and will try my very best to become a delegate to our state convention. So please none of this name calling I keep hearing on this board.

LibertyEagle
02-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Virgil,

You make many valid points, but if you want the campaign to hear them, you either need to send these to THEM, or develop something that you want them to read and place it in the "Campaign suggestion box", here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212

Posting it in Grassroots Central is not going to accomplish your desired result.

virgil47
02-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Liberty, thank you for the suggestion. I was not aware there was a suggestion box. I'll see if my suggestions can be routed upstairs ... so to speak.:)

StarKissed
02-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I believe Virgil should organize a group and lay down exactly what you're needs and goals are for Dr. Paul for this. In my opinion, I think your goals/results should be posted in this forum to get other input, support. Then you'll have the task of investigating political speech writers/speech professionals....find out who's written/worked for candidates in the past.

Then present your proposal to Dr. Paul. With a lot of support from the grassroots, he can not refuse.

WE are the people running this now. WE are paying Dr. Paul to do this for US.

The official campaign no longer has the time or people, to put these things together.

Do it professionally such as I've suggested, and it will be a positive step. This is the type of thing my post here is about! You just need to get a lot of support on this before you go ahead. Majority should rule.

Good Luck.

Virgil,

You make many valid points, but if you want the campaign to hear them, you either need to send these to THEM, or develop something that you want them to read and place it in the "Campaign suggestion box", here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212

Posting it in Grassroots Central is not going to accomplish your desired result.

dbhohio47
02-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Great. First ghostwritten newsletters, now a ghost-managed campaign.

StarKissed
02-11-2008, 09:24 AM
That doesnt even make sense THIS IS ABOUT ORGANIZATION AND TEAMWORK SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY BUTTON IS STUCK

Great. First ghostwritten newsletters, now a ghost-managed campaign.

virgil47
02-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Starkissed, I concur on my needing to post my suggestions where the campign staff or the Pauls may see and consider them. However finding, vetting and the proposing professional speech writers and coachs to RP is simply not my responsibility. If the Pauls and/or the campaign staff are just to busy to act on suggestions then perhaps they really don't want to be in the White House. Not being a politician means that by the time I could accomplish what you suggest the elections would be over. The fact that RP is a politician and his campaign staff are professionally involved in politics ( at least I hope they are) means that they can accomplish what I sugest in a matter of days instead of a matter of months. If as you state the grassroots movement is the only thing propeling RP towards the presidency then I certainly wish us the best of luck and can only hope that we have a more interested candidate in 2012.

StarKissed
02-11-2008, 10:12 AM
You mean you can't make a post to the grassroots about what you want to do, and ask who wants to join your project? As soon as you have a fair amount of people, websearch for speech writers...there references should be on the webpage. You should be able to get this accomplished in a couple days! I would take it over for you, but I'm ill and can't be on line too long.

Starkissed, I concur on my needing to post my suggestions where the campign staff or the Pauls may see and consider them. However finding, vetting and the proposing professional speech writers and coachs to RP is simply not my responsibility. If the Pauls and/or the campaign staff are just to busy to act on suggestions then perhaps they really don't want to be in the White House. Not being a politician means that by the time I could accomplish what you suggest the elections would be over. The fact that RP is a politician and his campaign staff are professionally involved in politics ( at least I hope they are) means that they can accomplish what I sugest in a matter of days instead of a matter of months. If as you state the grassroots movement is the only thing propeling RP towards the presidency then I certainly wish us the best of luck and can only hope that we have a more interested candidate in 2012.