PDA

View Full Version : What it will take for Paul to get press

Lucid American
02-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Anyone else think the only thing he can do to get press is quit?

I agree with an earlier suggestion that he call a press conference under an assumed pretext of dropping out, then use it as an opportunity to escalate his campaign.

He should do it from Texas.

Bradley in DC
02-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Returning press calls might help too. ;)

liberteebell
02-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Anyone else think the only thing he can do to get press is quit?

I agree with an earlier suggestion that he call a press conference under an assumed pretext of dropping out, then use it as an opportunity to escalate his campaign.

He should do it from Texas.

I agree.

In response to this on another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Weasel View Post
what he needs to do is to call FOX, CNN, MSNBC and whoever else will have him on and tell EVERYBODY he has a MAJOR press release. ALL the media outlets will clamor to him anticipating that he's dropping out. He can then use that time to let the country know that he has had NO media coverage the past few months while Obama Clinton and McCain have gotten ALL the coverage thus propelling them up to front running status. Then to state the ONLY media coverage he has gotten has been this email that not he stated he would have a slim chance and that NOW the media is using that to tell everybody he's admitting defeat. Then announce that he is NOT giving up and WILL NOT give up till it's all over.

how bout that?

I wrote this:

And this [a press conference] should be right after they set up a very high-class cocktail party in a large ballroom with enough food and drink to feed and water a large army and plenty of attentive wait-staff, and invite every media person alive.

They should do this frequently. Once a week would be good for starters.

As often as possible, these events should be as near a military base as they can get. HQ missed a tremendous opportunity last week to not do something near military bases in Virginia.

Geez. This campaign seriously needs some schmooze. Repugnant or not, the campaign needs to "pimp" Dr. Paul as much as possible to the media.

We have a golden opportunity to get back in the game but we're running out of time.

We have to do this if we want to save our beloved country.

I'll scrape the bottom of my checkbook to help finance these events--heck, if they're nearby, I'll even work them and gather tons of volunteers to help!

idiotwind
02-11-2008, 08:32 AM
quit bitching. hes not getting press because he hasnt won a state

ConstitutionGal
02-11-2008, 08:42 AM

And I'm sure the fact that he hasn't won a state has NOTHING to do with the fact that he gets practically no press coverage...:confused:

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
the media might cover him ,once we stop the gop with their unethical tactics on ron paul.

THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM ISNT THE MEDIA,ITS THE GOP who endorses what the media is doing to ron paul. THE FIRST TO BLAME IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY,then the msm..

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 08:49 AM
No coverage of RP on the cover of todays Richmond Times-Dispatch. Why? Media blackout? Maybe. But there are no events for the media to cover. I understand that keeping the congress seat and Texas are important now but w/o campaign appearances you don't get press. Back on page 6 or so where the election is covered RP is listed under the candidates position table but no articles.

Lucid American
02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
the media might cover him ,once we stop the gop with their unethical tactics on ron paul.

THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM ISNT THE MEDIA,ITS THE GOP who endorses what the media is doing to ron paul. THE FIRST TO BLAME IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY,then the msm..

The GOP is beholden to the same forces as the MSM.

Bossobass
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
It's like a bunch of Americans standing at the water cooler pointing out all the problems in the world.

Bradley, who's been whining about HQ since I was in high school, and who finally got his wish of the 2 supermen being hired to save the day is sitting at his keyboard pointing fingers in DC today.

Nothing to report? Fuck me, are you people dense.

Ron's seat is being challenged by a self funded opponent who is waging a smear campaign (since he has no experience whatsoever to tout, save being the dog catcher in butt fuck, or whatever).

Ron draws a spill over crowd of thousands and his opponent draws his own wife and brother. Now, if the opposite occurred, or even if this monkey drew an equal number of supporters, bet your ass the press would have plastered it all over the world.

Granny Linda (bless her soul) has been to countless events since I met her the first week in May, logging thousands of miles. She never asked HQ for anything, always arrived on time, always had boxes of lit, always found a way to fund her travels, in 105 degrees or -10 degrees, rain or shine.

Then, she comes here to find a bunch of numb nuts saying it's old people's fault we lost. Balls. That's only one excruciating example.

The day before ST Ron drew 4,200 at the same venue Hillary drew only 3,800 in Minneapolis a few days earlier. The press release was ignored. Hillary was covered by every media outlet in the country, but I'm sure it's because she has great staff who returned some bullshit phone call, and I'm equally sure that there was no story there from the Paul campaign perspective. Not.

They've pissed on Ron from day one. The attacks have been from A to Z. They maneuver within the GOP, they cheat the vote count, they X his name off the ballot, they tell voters he dropped out of the race, they leave mics open for the monkeys to laugh into at the debates, they refer to him as 'the Al-Qaeda of the GOP, they tell registered Republicans that they're registered Democrats and force them to vote provisional, they count absentee ballots with dead people's names on them, etc., etc. There's no way he gets any press. HQ is powerless to that fact.

He needed $100 million. He won't get it. He needed crowds of 10,000 and more. He won't get them. He needed organized grassroots. He gets scatter brained critics instead who spew 'Listen to me, I know why we're losing!'. Bullshit.

These are the things we could have provided instead of criticizing HQ staff every day for months. HQ my ass. Returned phone calls my ass. Staffers my ass. Too many pundits on these boards.

Bosso

heartless
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
you do realize that the MSM most likely won't show Ron's press conference on TV live, they'll probably wait till his announcement is over and if he doesn't announce he's dropping out they won't air it. The media are scumbugs

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I think there is a good old boy network kind of relationship between the media and the campaign staffs. They need each other to exist and have any relevance. I don't think our campaign has any one who can operate well in this network.

pacelli
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Mr. Jesus H. Christ Himself could come down from Heaven & present Ron Paul with the Holy Grail, and the MSM would still ignore Ron Paul.

TastyWheat
02-11-2008, 09:57 AM
That wouldn't go down. They'd never give Ron Paul a live feed. They'd just record it, not air it, then tell everyone it's a cheap ploy to gain publicity and further his dying campaign. The media won't give us one bit of help.

pacelli
02-11-2008, 10:06 AM
That wouldn't go down. They'd never give Ron Paul a live feed. They'd just record it, not air it, then tell everyone it's a cheap ploy to gain publicity and further his dying campaign. The media won't give us one bit of help.

Yeah, I remember Duncan Hunter did the same thing. The media hyped it up saying they were expecting that he would drop out. They cut live to his news conference. As soon as he said that he WASNT dropping out, they cut away from the remainder of his speech and expressed bewilderment.

yongrel
02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
1- Victory in a state of significance
2- Perfect Hair

ghemminger
02-11-2008, 10:12 AM
MSM = Corruption

hawks4ronpaul
02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Can he date Paris Hilton?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

slacker921
02-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Bradley says .. "Returning press calls might help too. "
amen. Will campaign HQ start returning calls and start lining up appearances? I doubt it. Maybe the Paul campaign doesn't want the national press to focus on them... ? Their best results have been in states where the national media was not focused....

If Paul faked a withdrawal announcement it would need to be when/where there are already live feeds set up. It could work. The press is eager for this scoop..

Maybe at least some of the GOP wants this to go to a brokered convention so a small number of people (the delegates), who are not brainwashed by the media, can do the voting? Not everyone in the GOP is a neo-con you know... and they can see the agenda of the media (a win by the Dems in Nov).

Crickett
02-11-2008, 10:31 AM
No. He got no coverage before he didn't "win a state". That has nothing to do with anything. If he got coverage he would have won states, and everyone would have known he didn't drop out.
I agree. The asshat media should be courted..but on the other hand, that is asking for your enemy to enter the house. They might come, but anything they said about RP would still be skewed, negative, or nothing. They are at war with the campaign.

Crickett
02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
It's like a bunch of Americans standing at the water cooler pointing out all the problems in the world.

They've pissed on Ron from day one. The attacks have been from A to Z. They maneuver within the GOP, they cheat the vote count, they X his name off the ballot, they tell voters he dropped out of the race, they leave mics open for the monkeys to laugh into at the debates, they refer to him as 'the Al-Qaeda of the GOP, they tell registered Republicans that they're registered Democrats and force them to vote provisional, they count absentee ballots with dead people's names on them, etc., etc. There's no way he gets any press. HQ is powerless to that fact.

He needed $100 million. He won't get it. He needed crowds of 10,000 and more. He won't get them. He needed organized grassroots. He gets scatter brained critics instead who spew 'Listen to me, I know why we're losing!'. Bullshit.

These are the things we could have provided instead of criticizing HQ staff every day for months. HQ my ass. Returned phone calls my ass. Staffers my ass. Too many pundits on these boards.

Bosso
Great post great truth. I couldn't have said it as well..

liberteebell
02-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Bradley, who's been whining about HQ since I was in high school, and who finally got his wish of the 2 supermen being hired to save the day is sitting at his keyboard pointing fingers in DC today.

Ron's seat is being challenged by a self funded opponent who is waging a smear campaign (since he has no experience whatsoever to tout, save being the dog catcher in butt fuck, or whatever).

Ron draws a spill over crowd of thousands and his opponent draws his own wife and brother. Now, if the opposite occurred, or even if this monkey drew an equal number of supporters, bet your ass the press would have plastered it all over the world.

Granny Linda (bless her soul) has been to countless events since I met her the first week in May, logging thousands of miles. She never asked HQ for anything, always arrived on time, always had boxes of lit, always found a way to fund her travels, in 105 degrees or -10 degrees, rain or shine.

Then, she comes here to find a bunch of numb nuts saying it's old people's fault we lost. Balls. That's only one excruciating example.

The day before ST Ron drew 4,200 at the same venue Hillary drew only 3,800 in Minneapolis a few days earlier. The press release was ignored. Hillary was covered by every media outlet in the country, but I'm sure it's because she has great staff who returned some bullshit phone call, and I'm equally sure that there was no story there from the Paul campaign perspective. Not.

Bosso

Well, pundit my ass. I'm going to speak for myself. I came to RPF searching for info because I had witnessed sooooooooooooooooooooo many of the things that I subsequently discovered others have as well and because my frustration level was off the charts.

This, after I have devoted every spare minute, every spare penny (way more than I can actually afford); I put my heart and soul into this, my children hate me for the time I've spent on trying to get Ron Paul elected President of the United States.

I HAVE taken this into my own hands to the best of my ability and within my limits. I assumed--wrongly--that everyone at HQ had the same passion (or more!) than I. What I discovered is that very successful efforts have been thwarted, nearly every step of the way.

Media coverage is out there; in fact, there are people in the media willing to cover Ron Paul. From personal experience, I am convinced that HQ can't be bothered to set things up properly, woo the press appropriately or think outside the box to take advantage of the offers that are out there.

affa
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
The media intentionally weaves a fabricated reality.

The companies are owned by war profiteers, beholden to advertisers, and programmed by propagandists.

They will do everything in their power to silence and ridicule Ron Paul.

We've already done far more than required to be promoted as 'the underdog story of the year' - yet we're quieted at every turn. A mere positive (or negative, for that matter) mention of Ron Paul will bring a small time reporter or journalist national recognition via youtube... yet people avoid saying his name even when talking about his issues.

It was obvious before this election, it's been obvious throughout this election, and it will become even more obvious every day to all of you just waking up.

The media is controlled. If you're still on the edge and don't completely understand, just go rewatch The Matrix now that you're starting to wipe the grog from your eyes. This is what we've let the world become - media fabrication. Media lies.

We're waking up, and we're taking it back.

Royksopp
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
killing spree?

mczerone
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM

61 posts of negative one-liners. Goodbye.

Royksopp
02-11-2008, 11:37 AM
61 posts of negative one-liners. Goodbye.

It is a fair point though.

mczerone
02-11-2008, 11:45 AM
It is a fair point though.

Thats why I didn't argue with his post - he made a point. Shortsighted, and symptomatic of the larger problem, but a point nonetheless. I didn't like how he made it, and so looked into his 'contributions' on RPF; and don't really care if I miss any of it from here on out.

aravoth
02-11-2008, 11:51 AM

Bosso

+1