PDA

View Full Version : Write your politicians!

Deinen
02-11-2008, 03:39 AM
This is what I wrote to Michigan Democratic Senator Debbie Stabenow. I also wrote one similar to Carl Levin, but I dislike him much more, he's evil A pro-war Democrat, sheesh.

Dear Senator Stabenow,

I am writing in attempt to gain an understanding on several concerning issues.

First, I would like to say I appreciate your thoughts on the Bush Administration, and I am writing because I am a concerned citizen.

The economic stimulus package that was voted in recently. Where is this money coming from? In a time where our great country has become one of the largest debtors in the world. We continue to borrow money from China to fund our unconstitutional invasions, which I will go into more detail later. The fact remains the economic wound is still there, but your attempting just to bandage it instead. What about the causes, like the idea of printing money with zero backing. When we borrow and print, it lowers the value of the dollar, thus increasing prices, does it not? Coupled with two 7 year wars, and the idea of a 3rd war with Iran, as the Bush gang has been pushing for awhile. This explains the rise in gas, and the push for dirtier than gasoline corn ethanol, which is not a very green, nor effective alternative, and tends to drive up food prices. Doesn't this seem absurd?

While I support us using Marque and Reprisal to effectively fight Al-Quada, we have instead turned this into the invasion of two foreign nations. Even worse, the American people were lied to about Iraq, and to this day there has been no ramifications of a President lying to that magnitude. What about the hiatus Bill Clinton created when he lied about his own personal business? How can a lie about that be that much more of an issue than a lie which led a nation into an unwinnable invasion, causing the deaths of thousands of Americans and trillions of dollars wasted? I do not place blame on you specifically, but I do place blame on both the United States Congress and the United States Senate for not upholding their oath to protect the Constitution. In fact, the blatant disregard for the Constitution and our civil liberties makes me sick. We still live in a world where our troops are in Korea, did we not forget why we went into that conflict, and Vietnam? Wasn't it to fight the evil of communism and spread democracy? Yet 30 years after both those wars are thought of as failures. Yet we are being told we're in Afganistan and Iraq to fight the evil of Islamofascism and spread democracy, see a trend? How is it possible for something to be wrong before and so right now?

As I turn to the Constitution, I am wondering how you can defend the War on Drugs, as my first example. I would like to know where in the Constitution does it give the Federal Government authority on that topic? Which, if I am correct, the Constitution describes exactly what the Federal Government can do and if it is not in that document, that it is unconstitutional and unlawful. Now, I understand the risks of drugs, and to me do not seem like a financially smart thing to be involved in, at the very least, at a personal level. What about the money saved because I no longer need to pay for inmates convicted of petty drug charges and sent to prison for years. Wouldn't it also help that many more thousands of people become productive citizens instead? Contributing in society, and greating a better nation? I think that the Federal government in confused in it's roll. While we need leadership, we do not need moral authority and personal guidance. As long as what we do does not hurt anybody, it is none of your business, is it not?

While I am not accusing you of this, I know that there are numbers of corrupt politicians in Washington, what can and what are you doing to out them? I am talking about the ones who write a book, and Acme Corporation buys 50,000 copies and gets a law passed, this is unacceptable, and especially at the rate this is happening. With the fact that you all agree on your pay raises every year, but tend to fight over everything else, isn't this unfair to us?

I wrote to you once before on the impeachment of Cheney, and I received a great response on your opinion of the current administration, but it is not enough. The senate and congress need to stand up and demand justice on behalf of the country, if not, then it seems you are not doing your job, and change is needed. My question to you, is what are you going to do to ensure me that you will fight for the return of a constitutional government, a just government, a government that spreads it's ideal through example rather than lies and force of arms.

While I understand your volume is high and it might take a few days to respond, I do expect a response to this email. I do say that sincerly as I can, and I understand, your not the worse senator in D.C, not the worse by far. While I might not agree with you on some positions, I do respect you on many many more.

Thank you for your time.

Tugboat1988
02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
OK, I sent this in to my congressman (D) in DC. It includes his return comment when I asked him to sign the amacus curie brief.

email sent:
This concerning Amacus curie (friend of the Court) brief No. 07-290 http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/07_290bcongress_amicus_heller.pdf and your response duplicated below.

It seems that you place yourself in a small number of congressmen who chose not to uphold and support the Constitution. I'm sure that is not a firm choice for one who is on record sworn to uphold and defend the same. But, it's OK by me. I'll inform my neighbors in the Olney precinct.
xxx
Gold Bar, Washington
--------------------------------
~~ Salty ~ ~
"All contracts are to be construed according to the meaning of the parties at the time of making them... There is no difference in the constitution of government" John DeWitt Nov 5, 1787 Boston American Herald

-------------- Original message --------------

Dear David:

Thank you for contacting me about signing an amicus curiae brief supporting the repeal of Washington D.C.'s handgun ban. I support the 2nd Amendment and the right of law-abiding citizens to own and carry guns. However, I decided not to sign this brief and would like to share my views on the subject.

As you know, the Supreme Court has agreed to decide the case of Heller v D.C., a legal challenge to Washington D.C.'s ban on handgun ownership. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) and Rep. Mike Ross (D-AR) recently asked members of Congress to sign an amicus curiae brief which encourages the Supreme Court to overturn the D.C. handgun ban.

I did not sign this brief and have not signed any amicus brief in the past because I have a general policy of not signing amicus briefs. I believe that the Constitution created a clear separation of powers between Congress and the Judiciary. The Supreme Court should make a decision based on the Constitution. If Congress needs to act after the Supreme Court makes a decision to correct a Constitutional problem with its original action, then Congress should take that action.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again about issues that are important to you.

Sincerely,

Rick Larsen
United States Representative
Washington State, 2nd District

Kingfisher
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Writing congress is an excellent idea. Their main objective is to be reelected. Let them know if they vote in a certain way on a certain bill you wont vote for them. If enough people would do this it woild make a difference.