PDA

View Full Version : We and the Huckabee people need to unite to destroy McCain.

Akus
02-11-2008, 02:44 AM
I have no idea how to do this, but McCain, being a media darling, needs to come from a coordinated attack from both RP and MH camp, the same way, John Edwards, Barak and whatever other Dem all jumped up on Hillary.

slinkymaster2
02-11-2008, 02:51 AM
i gave mccain about a 35% of the vote come the general election, i dont think it matters much if he gets the nomination

damon04
02-11-2008, 02:58 AM
bump

acmegeek
02-11-2008, 03:00 AM
here's my part so far... (I didn't make the video, just the site and all the other text.)

http://www.SonOfCain.com (http://www.SonOfCain.com)

acroso
02-11-2008, 03:02 AM
He already is....

billyjoeallen
02-11-2008, 03:05 AM
I already fell for the Romney version of this argument. I was wrong, but I learn from my mistakes. We should NOT back off Huckabee one inch.Why give him the opportunity to define himself as the opposition candidate? That spot rightfully belongs to the only real alternative to the status quo: Dr. Paul.

acroso
02-11-2008, 03:08 AM
uhhh....

Huckabee will give us good judges...McCain won't

Huckabee has a reasonable immigration plan.....McCain's plan was estimated to bring in anywhere form 60-200 million uneducated non-english speakers in over a 10 year period.

McCain will invade Iran...Huck prolly won't

so I refuse to not see the difference there...

josephadel_3
02-11-2008, 03:20 AM
At least Huckabee is a decent person. McCain is just a mean spirited, war mongering, money hungry politician. I don't like the idea of getting Huck more delegates, but at least he is a decent person, despite driving me nuts.

zakkubin
02-11-2008, 03:25 AM
I already fell for the Romney version of this argument. I was wrong, but I learn from my mistakes. We should NOT back off Huckabee one inch.Why give him the opportunity to define himself as the opposition candidate? That spot rightfully belongs to the only real alternative to the status quo: Dr. Paul.

Because we need a brokered convention for Huckabee or Paul to win. So if we keep fighting Huckabee we are only helping Mccain.

It's a shame Huckabee didn't tell his people to vote Paul in Washington...

But at the convention Paul can give a speech showing who the true alternative is don't worry about that.

billyjoeallen
02-11-2008, 03:29 AM
McCain is going down. When that happens, the GOP will look for a new direction.

Huck only attracts mouth-breathers. Huck is stupid. He not only didn't read the NIE, but he didn't even know what it was. He claimed that Pakistnis were the majority of illegal immigrants. I like the Fair Tax idea, but I like Dr. Paul's no tax idea a lot more.

thoughtbombing
02-11-2008, 03:33 AM
uhhh....

Huckabee will give us good judges...McCain won't

Huckabee has a reasonable immigration plan.....McCain's plan was estimated to bring in anywhere form 60-200 million uneducated non-english speakers in over a 10 year period.

McCain will invade Iran...Huck prolly won't

so I refuse to not see the difference there...

Huckabee will do what Israel tells him... he's a member of CFR... nuff said. troll?

billyjoeallen
02-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Because we need a brokered convention for Huckabee or Paul to win. So if we keep fighting Huckabee we are only helping Mccain.

It's a shame Huckabee didn't tell his people to vote Paul in Washington...

But at the convention Paul can give a speech showing who the true alternative is don't worry about that.

Didn't you read Dr. Paul's email? There is almost zero chance of a brokered convention. Barring a McCain heart attack (one can only hope) or a similar sized miracle, what we are fighting for is the number 2 slot.

RP correctly saw Huck as his main competition way back in New Hampshire when he sent out those anti-huck mailers.

Thunderbolt
02-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Huckabee is a war mongerer just like McCain. He is for higher taxes and bigger spending. He is a very dangerous man. No better no worse than Mccain.

I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever help a statist. Get that very clear.

jrich4rpaul
02-11-2008, 06:37 AM
We need OUR numbers to grow, not ours and Hucks.

We need more Precinct Leaders more than anything else
http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Steve_New_Jersey
02-11-2008, 06:50 AM
We do not need to support anyone besides another RP constitutionalist. There is no point in trying to take out John. Sure he is most likely going to win the nomination but he is 100% going to get destroyed by the dems in no time flat. If Ron can not win then letting the party tear itself in half is the best thing that could happen. It would pave the way for tons of constitutionalists.

Heather in WI
02-11-2008, 07:00 AM
There is a grassroots effort to oppose any effort to promote, support, or endorse Senator John McCain as the Republican nominee for President in 2008.
http://nowaymccain.com/

mjp1025
02-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Huckabee won't dare hit the Madman TOO hard. Despite what he says, he would just LOVE to be the NeoCon VP!!!

ambiguousscion
02-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Why focus on one candidate, they both stink. On some issues McCain is worse and on others Huck is worse, but they are both the "competitors", thus they are both fair game. McCain, however is the best bet since tearing him down will increase the chances of a brokered convention... slim as they are.

itshappening
02-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Huckabee is a war mongerer just like McCain. He is for higher taxes and bigger spending. He is a very dangerous man. No better no worse than Mccain.

I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever help a statist. Get that very clear.

agree with that his economic plan calls for 10's of billions to spent(rather than cut) he is a liberal that is plain to see

BUT

we should work together to swing contests either way and deny McCain, that's politics. I really think though Huck is working with McCain to get it sewn up

MJfromCT
02-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Huckabillies are unoriginal, nimwits just like their master. They are useless to join forces with as it would be like going for a treachorous hike and throwing a few 20lbs stones in our backpacks for no reason.

virgil47
02-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I suspect that in the long run a vote for Huckabee is going to turn out to be a vote for McCain. Sad but true. I can forsee the day when Huckabee drops out and basically says the same thing Romney said. He will puff out his chest and say that he has come to the conclusion that his continuing his campaign will just hurt the Republican chances in the election. Of course he will endorse McCain and silently hope that McCaln throws him a bone.

ToryNotion
02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
I've not been voting for the past few years out of principle but i'm going the resist the crazy and idiotic notion that I should vote for Mike Huckabee in tomorrows Virginia primary and expect it to help Ron Paul. Dr Paul has my vote and that of any I can sway at the polling place.

Magicman
02-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Why not make a formal letter that we can send to Ron Paul and Huckabee Meetup groups about donating to the Veterans against Mccain group to start putting up commercials and radio broadcasts.

mojohnk2000
02-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Hucabee's platform is not perfect but it is much better then McCains. In fact he too wants to do away with the IRS. Ron is only staying in to get the message out. It does not matter one way or the other how many votes he gets. Supporting Huck would bitch slap the RNC. IMHO this would be a good thing! Keep Ron in your heart but use your head in this situation. Ron cannot openly support either McChain or Huck and still stay in. I'll bet my ass he would pick Huck over McChain.

I also think Huck has better chance of beating the O-man.

MJfromCT
02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Hucabee's platform is not perfect but it is much better then McCains. In fact he too wants to do away with the IRS. Ron is only staying in to get the message out. It does not matter one way or the other how many votes he gets. Supporting Huck would bitch slap the RNC. IMHO this would be a good thing! Keep Ron in your heart but use your head in this situation. Ron cannot openly support either McChain or Huck and still stay in. I'll bet my ass he would pick Huck over McChain.

I also think Huck has better chance of beating the O-man.

No Chance, the Huck would be destroyed by about 35-40% against Obama.