PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Kudlow & Company Video

michaelwise
08-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Ron Paul on Kudlow & Company Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vPUqPTims

nakedrunner96
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I think he did very very well at defending his points. He even defended his point on earmarks.

rajibo
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Holy Crap! I don't know anything about economics.:eek:

Brian4Liberty
08-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks for posting. Ron Paul did great on that one!

Kudlow was probably mixed on how to approach that. Kudlow and Paul go back to both being early supporters of Reagan free market economics. On the other hand, Kudlow is pro-torture, pro-Patriot Act, pro-war in Middle-East, etc...

Bradley in DC
08-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Holy Crap! I don't know anything about economics.:eek:

Dr. Paul has that effect on people.;)

randolphus maximus
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I can't believe I had to actually wait for the link of Ron Paul's appearance to show up here! lol

Anyway, I thought it was a good appearance, Kudlow asked good questions esp. addressing the earmarks that Dr. Paul has been criticized for.

michaelwise
08-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I had to watch that video at least 3 times, to grasp all the concepts that RP was explaining. Ron's grasp of economic policy is unmatched by any of the other candidates. RP's explanation and answers to the questions was virtually flawless. As a hobby, I've been studying economic concepts for at least 20 years. I can see how it would be difficult to understand what RP was talking about, if you don't really know anything about economics.

Eli
08-10-2007, 08:56 PM
his extensive knowledge of economics is going to bring him higher than any presidential candidate has ever been.

emilysdad
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I can tell you not a single candidate from both wings would be able to answer those questions as articulate as Ron. In fact, I suspect pandering would be the answers of first resort. And I will also say, the people who watch Kudlow (traders) know exactly what Ron was saying about the Fed propping up the markets. The man knows his economics. The thieves on Wall Street won't like what he said (truth), but I can bet my last dollar Ron gained much respect from active traders/investors with this interview for having the courage to speak the truth.

Perry
08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Much Thanks! Ron Paul is an economist. He's a scholar across the board.

Perry
08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
his extensive knowledge of economics is going to bring him higher than any presidential candidate has ever been.

Remember we still have a house and senate to deal with.
A more positive note however is that if there's a man alive that can truly work across the isle Ron Paul is that man.

michaelwise
08-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Remember we still have a house and senate to deal with.
A more positive note however is that if there's a man alive that can truly work across the isle Ron Paul is that man. I'm sure Ron can compromise an many issues that are constitutional.

RPatTheBeach
08-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I think the show for the 10 minutes following Ron Paul's appearance were equally good, if not better. One reporter from the Wall Street Journal, when asked if he would vote for Ron Paul for President responded with "Over Hillary, or Obama? ABSOLUTELY"

Overall, was a great interview and a great follow-up with other parties after that 5 minute segment.

Bergie Bergeron
08-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I like the most recent comment: Other candidates answers would have been: Rudy- "Well, ever since 9/11..." Hillary- "I'm not going to engage in hypotheticals..."

libertarianguy
08-11-2007, 02:56 AM
test

csen
08-11-2007, 03:08 AM
He crushed it. That was the best interview I've seen of him for my money. He really is getting better at these by the day.

austin356
08-11-2007, 03:38 AM
DAMN; I would like for someone to assert that any candidate of the mainstream parties over the last 30 years has the ability to talk with Kudlow about economics like Ron did. I can think of none.

250,000 viewers; nearly all are in the 35% bracket. All understood what Ron was talking about and all will respect him for that. Even mr. Rubin has to admit Dr. Paul knows more about economics (whether he believes they are right or wrong) than the 3 last presidents combined; Hell he knows more about economics than Reagan and Reagan has a degree in econ.

Bradley in DC
08-11-2007, 07:10 AM
I think the show for the 10 minutes following Ron Paul's appearance were equally good, if not better. One reporter from the Wall Street Journal, when asked if he would vote for Ron Paul for President responded with "Over Hillary, or Obama? ABSOLUTELY"

Overall, was a great interview and a great follow-up with other parties after that 5 minute segment.

Wait, what? No cable here--video link, please, please, please? :)

LibertyEagle
08-11-2007, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_vPUqPTims

Bradley in DC
08-11-2007, 08:51 AM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11951

RPatTheBeach
08-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Wait, what? No cable here--video link, please, please, please? :)

Sorry, I was watching it live on TV. I don't have a link to the full clip.

jaybone
08-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I became interested in macroeconomics about a year ago as I became enlightened about the fed, irs, world banking power etc.
I came to the realization that in order to defend myself and my country against these threats tbat I would have to become fmiliar with the concepts, so i did.
That led me to the precious metals market, that I now follow very closely.

Ron did great, he accurately charachterized what the FED did yesterday as a bailout. The FED basically bought the toxic sub-prime backed ssecurities because nobody else would buy them. Spending in the area of 70$BILLION.

So, let's see now:

70,000,000,000 divided by 600,000,000 = $117 for every man womanand child in the US, for the purposee of bailing out billionaires that invest in hedge funds.
How does that sit with you?

I'd like to start a Q&A thread about economic issues, to better educate our camp.
I am sself taugt,but I have a pretty good grsp of the fundamentals. I think it is essential for us to understand these issues, better to 'know thy enemy'

krott5333
08-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I had to watch that video at least 3 times, to grasp all the concepts that RP was explaining. Ron's grasp of economic policy is unmatched by any of the other candidates. RP's explanation and answers to the questions was virtually flawless. As a hobby, I've been studying economic concepts for at least 20 years. I can see how it would be difficult to understand what RP was talking about, if you don't really know anything about economics.

I know nothing about economics, but it all makes perfect sense to me. I consider myself well-educated overall, so that might help. But to create money out of thin-air is a no-brainer.. its just like a product or service in the market.. you increase the supply, you lower the value of the product.. and as far as demand, there is always demand for money.