PDA

View Full Version : Billboards, Blimp, Radio, Newsletter, Racing.. great ideas but...

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 01:42 AM
we need a central funding mechanism for all of these great ideas.

Grassroots fosters creativity but it lacks organization and often funding as well.

How many Ron Paul sites are there you think? How many Ron Paul marketing ideas?

Billboards
Racing
Blimp
Radio
Newsletter
TV ads in Cleveland
TV Network

and on and on.

All worthy causes and all require adequate funding. But it is difficult to rally the troops when a new one pops up every 48 hours. Most don't even know it exists and to donate to 10 different projects every couple of weeks can be maddening.

We need to think long term. We need to create the centralized organization with state representation to a National Board of Directors that then creates and implements this nation-wide strategy.

The state representatives can then organize the infrastructure and begin expanding it at the precinct level. Every state needs to have supporters ready to become delegates. People ready to canvas in every precinct. Meet up locations. Phone banks and local supporter lists ready to go and all of the supplies they need on hand. Pamphlets, Newsletters, Slim-Jims, Signs, Car Magnets, CDs, etc.

Our Movement does not lack truth. It does not lack support. It does not lack ideas. It lacks organization.

There are Congressmen that could use help right now that support our views. If we truly are grass roots, why aren't we thinking like it. Why are we so fixated on this "Ron Paul for President or nothing" approach. We can take over Congress with the mass of support we have accumulated. I believe we can raise MILLIONS of dollars each month by mobilizing this Movement and building a National structure.

Believe me, this is what the Neo-Cons REALLY fear the most, that we actually become a full-fledged Movement.

They honestly think that Ron Paul supporters will disperse and fade away after this presidential run. They think that we will be so demoralized that most will just feel that it is hopeless.

Imagine for a moment that we were trying to get just one Congressman elected in a certain district.

At a local level, there is usually only community support. But imagine us unleashing the power of our "army" upon anyone running against the people we support. Our guys would have more money, we could canvas a whole city in a weekend. We could flood every newspaper, local TV station, and radio station with support. For our mass following, it would take hardly any of our time but it would have a massive impact on a local level. No local competitor could compete with our onslaught.

Now imagine this laser-focused political bomb getting Congressman after Congressman elected. We could support City Mayors, State Governors, and in under 4 years we might actually hold more power and influence in this country then we'd ever imagine.

Now imagine the type of localized support we'd have in 2012? Not just 30 times the funding and infrastructure, but endorsements from hundreds of community leaders at every level that we got elected.

We have so many great ideas but they need proper funding to work effectively. Instead I see this grassroots movement shooting off in dozens of different facets. All seem worthy and founded on the same principals, but there is no cohesive unity.

I work to set up this infrastructure and I'd welcome anyone and everyone to join the process.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-11-2008, 03:04 AM
This is a tough topic. Everyone has different ideas. People see different projects as worthy. Others not worthy or just a bad idea.

I have made a fairly easy to understand but slightly boring idea. No one donated.

But other ideas have taken off and gotten tons of funding.

There is http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

I think it will be hard to decide which ones are worthy and have people donate.

If you do it is a regional or type of donation it might be worthwhile. Maybe make recomendations or investigate the organizers more. I know I would welcome that. Maybe be an impartial reviewer of projects.

BigRedBrent
02-11-2008, 03:13 AM
We need to inform. We have to many projects that are only looking for name recognition. With the media against us we will NEVER get that. We can however get name recognition if we also include it in educational ads.

We should have been doing this all along. If we don't start now we may as well give up. No one will help us if they don't know what we are fighting for. We need more help, that is why we need to educate people MORE!

We MUST pave the streets with GREAT Educational Ads !!!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1228697

HardFought
02-11-2008, 03:58 AM
I have posted this many times in the last month with little or no feed back.
i think people are having a hard time with the idea of moving away from doing things that don't have Dr. pauls name all over it.It's easy for the MSM to smear a man however its much harder to smear a group that has money and organization thats willing if need be to smear you back.right now as much as we would like to think we rock!!!.We as group pose little or no threat the anyone not the Media,GOP,DNC,NEO-CONS, until we pose a real threat to them we will never get to be players in this game.The truth sucks to hear but as long as we keep doing what we are doing now. We will spin our wheels until we are tired give up and take our toys and go home.Doing that just plays right into there hands.

Get organized or all this go's nowhere.And then everything done up to this point has been in vain.

Hello
The Ron Paul grassroots effort by far is most successful in US presidential campaign history. This campaign will be studied by all our enemies for the next four years. By the 2012 elections every campaign will try to emulate it.

In my opinion at this point people need to start having serious talks about putting some of this passion, energy and talent into a national organizing a national. This group would be a more focused and better organized political action group. This group would be based on the platform that we all embrace. More importantly it gives us the ability to go after Democrats and Republicans who try to stand in the way of our message.

A group like this would give some of the grassroots people a place to focus their time energy and resources into something that will have a much more dramatic effect on the election and the political landscape. I think it’s time to add a new weapon to revolutions arsenal. One that looks at the whole political landscape and picks a target based on how much damage can be done (against our opponents) to further our cause.

I think this would be the natural evolution in the revolution. I’m willing to put my time and effort into something like this. I believe a group like this will have a much larger impact on the political landscape and have a direct impact on the election.

Actively looking for patriots to help move this forward.

Currently looking for people to help put a platform together.

If interested contact me at
admin@falconmn.com

Thank you

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 04:14 AM
In my opinion at this point people need to start having serious talks about putting some of this passion, energy and talent into a national organizing a national. This group would be a more focused and better organized political action group. This group would be based on the platform that we all embrace. More importantly it gives us the ability to go after Democrats and Republicans who try to stand in the way of our message.

A group like this would give some of the grassroots people a place to focus their time energy and resources into something that will have a much more dramatic effect on the election and the political landscape. I think it’s time to add a new weapon to revolutions arsenal. One that looks at the whole political landscape and picks a target based on how much damage can be done (against our opponents) to further our cause.

I've been saying this several times as well.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116908

nayjevin
02-11-2008, 05:11 AM
www.ronpaulambassadors.com is launching

barry goldwater jr. has joined

ronpaulbillboards
02-11-2008, 06:17 AM
we need a central funding mechanism for all of these great ideas.

Grassroots fosters creativity but it lacks organization and often funding as well.

How many Ron Paul sites are there you think? How many Ron Paul marketing ideas?

Billboards
Racing
Blimp
Radio
Newsletter
TV ads in Cleveland
TV Network

and on and on.

All worthy causes and all require adequate funding. But it is difficult to rally the troops when a new one pops up every 48 hours. Most don't even know it exists and to donate to 10 different projects every couple of weeks can be maddening.

We need to think long term. We need to create the centralized organization with state representation to a National Board of Directors that then creates and implements this nation-wide strategy.

The state representatives can then organize the infrastructure and begin expanding it at the precinct level. Every state needs to have supporters ready to become delegates. People ready to canvas in every precinct. Meet up locations. Phone banks and local supporter lists ready to go and all of the supplies they need on hand. Pamphlets, Newsletters, Slim-Jims, Signs, Car Magnets, CDs, etc.

Our Movement does not lack truth. It does not lack support. It does not lack ideas. It lacks organization.

There are Congressmen that could use help right now that support our views. If we truly are grass roots, why aren't we thinking like it. Why are we so fixated on this "Ron Paul for President or nothing" approach. We can take over Congress with the mass of support we have accumulated. I believe we can raise MILLIONS of dollars each month by mobilizing this Movement and building a National structure.

Believe me, this is what the Neo-Cons REALLY fear the most, that we actually become a full-fledged Movement.

They honestly think that Ron Paul supporters will disperse and fade away after this presidential run. They think that we will be so demoralized that most will just feel that it is hopeless.

Imagine for a moment that we were trying to get just one Congressman elected in a certain district.

At a local level, there is usually only community support. But imagine us unleashing the power of our "army" upon anyone running against the people we support. Our guys would have more money, we could canvas a whole city in a weekend. We could flood every newspaper, local TV station, and radio station with support. For our mass following, it would take hardly any of our time but it would have a massive impact on a local level. No local competitor could compete with our onslaught.

Now imagine this laser-focused political bomb getting Congressman after Congressman elected. We could support City Mayors, State Governors, and in under 4 years we might actually hold more power and influence in this country then we'd ever imagine.

Now imagine the type of localized support we'd have in 2012? Not just 30 times the funding and infrastructure, but endorsements from hundreds of community leaders at every level that we got elected.

We have so many great ideas but they need proper funding to work effectively. Instead I see this grassroots movement shooting off in dozens of different facets. All seem worthy and founded on the same principals, but there is no cohesive unity.

I work to set up this infrastructure and I'd welcome anyone and everyone to join the process.

Great ideas, there is no way we can stop now. This is about the message and we have to break through the MSM and educate the public. This is the next logical phase after this.

robert4rp08
02-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Face to face time with people is the best. The average person does not understand what the implications of "abolish the IRS" or "abolish the fed" actually means. It takes time to explain why Dr. Paul's message is so powerful. Start with friends and family. Then they'll talk to their friends and family. Then talk to neighbors.... that's why the precinct leader program is so successful.

Billboards, blimps, etc are good for getting the name out there, but that's not enough. The message takes time to explain.

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
www.ronpaulambassadors.com is launching

barry goldwater jr. has joined

The ronpaulambassadors.com is a good start but a true Movement needs to promote Ron Paul and his message but NOT be tied to his name.

Everyone is buying these domains with Ron Paul in it... what good is that going to be two years from now, or 20 years from now? I'm talking about an organization to stand the test of time here. Why does everyone keep thinking this is just about Ron Paul? Even RP himself said it has never been about him.

FreeTraveler
02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
The ronpaulambassadors.com is a good start but a true Movement needs to promote Ron Paul and his message but NOT be tied to his name.

Everyone is buying these domains with Ron Paul in it... what good is that going to be two years from now, or 20 years from now? I'm talking about an organization to stand the test of time here. Why does everyone keep thinking this is just about Ron Paul? Even RP himself said it has never been about him.

Go read the site. They are planning a name change as soon as all the legal work is done.

I think we need to let the free market decide. There are lots of projects popping up now, give them time to spread and join the ones you like most. After a little while, there will be a shakeout and a few winners will emerge.

The LAST thing we should do is over-organize. The success of this movement has been the FREE MARKET approach to ideas. If somebody in an office somewhere decides what the good ideas are, some of the best will never be heard.

Agent CSL
02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree about moving from Ron Paul's name. I think we should cite him as a core reason for our ideas, but to rely on his name long after the election as a means of gaining popularity will only fade in and out.

I have ideas, I have all the time in the world.. I don't have money. But I'm not going to, well frankly... I'm not going to beg for startup money for my ideas like some people do. I rarely see anything fruitful out of these one-week projects. I don't want to put anyone down because a lot of ideas were good, they just lacked organization and faded out even when money was coming in.

I agree a central organization is needed but who would trust it?