PDA

View Full Version : Why is that Message Still on RP Home Page?

LukeNM
02-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Several boards are saying Ron Paul has quit. Why is that confusing message still up on the RP home page? I emailed them -- who else did?

tgts2000
02-11-2008, 01:12 AM
I didn't email them but I agree that having that message on the homepage definitely seems like a deterrent to any newcomers etc.

Archie
02-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Holy Crap I just checked the site after you guys posted this thread. Im speechless I check up on the official site everyday or everyother day, And I have to say Im shocked there is no NEW MESSAGES on there its all mostly news that happened almost 3 days ago. I dont know I dont wanna speculate one way or the other but I gotta be honest in saying I thought they would have some new articles up instead of that last RP message now Im kinda worrying why no new updates. Hopefully Today they will update some sort of message to let us know whats up with the offical campaign

revolutionary8
02-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Holy Crap I just checked the site after you guys posted this thread. Im speechless I check up on the official site everyday or everyother day, And I have to say Im shocked there is no NEW MESSAGES on there its all mostly news that happened almost 3 days ago. I dont know I dont wanna speculate one way or the other but I gotta be honest in saying I thought they would have some new articles up instead of that last RP message now Im kinda worrying why no new updates. Hopefully Today they will update some sort of message to let us know whats up with the offical campaign

Ron Paul made a speech in Lake Jackson, Tx. today. you can find that speech posted in these forums and on you tube. He said quite a bit. :)

Archie
02-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Ron Paul made a speech in Lake Jackson, Tx. today. you can find that speech posted in these forums and on you tube. He said quite a bit. :)

Thanks I do recall his latest jackson trip on some other thread , Well I hope all was really great in jackson with Dr.Paul and his many supporters there believe you me LOL!!!!!!!

I just dont get why the official website is is as quiet as a church?

StarKissed
02-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Why are you guys thinking he's dropping out? How many times do you need to be beat over the head, that he's here to stay until WE tell him we're done???

As far as the page not being updated, he told you all, that he has cut staff to keep the spending down. With a lower number of staff, they can't email you every day. It's only been like 2 days since we received his last email.

Come on guys, use some critical thinking here. They shouldn't have to baby-feed us constantly.

As far as News sites online, MSNBC read the last email we received from Dr. Paul, and has decided that he is "hinting" that he may not win, because he's wanting to hold on to his congressional seat.

Then, an NPR Blog reads what MSNBC wrote, and decided that Ron is more than hinting that he may not win.

The next writer decides to put "his/her" own spin in his article, and etc., etc... until finally, "Ron Paul Has Dropped Out!"

Just more DISinformation, and something they hope will happen.

I thought a long time ago, that this board needed to be password protected to even read it, but I guess that's not going to stop his "supporters" from forwarding his emails to MSM. UGH!

jason43
02-11-2008, 05:44 AM
I got an email asking me to hand out stuff in VA from the official campaign yesterday. So I'm guessing that they have not offically left the race. Probably hoping for a speaking spot at the convention... who knows.

They have to be happy that he is staying in the party...

ScotTX
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
I was at the rally in Lake Jackson yesterday and Dr. Paul re-iterated that he has no plans of dropping out of the presidential race. He fully intends to continue spreading the message and picking up as many delegates as possible for the convention. He is focusing on his congressional seat, though, since he is being challenged by a neo-con for that position. From the turn-out at the rally, I don't think he has anything to worry about. We had about 2,000 people at our rally and the opponent was lucky if he had 100 at his, which was in the same building right down the hall.

Quit stressing out, folks. We're still in this thing. It sounds like some of you are starting to fall asleep again and believe what the MSM is telling you.

PaulTriumph
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
The message is still on the homepage because it's the current message of the campaign. I enjoyed reading Steve's correspondance with Carol, and had hoped that telling her that the message has had a dramatic effect on grassroots support would make an impact. But because the message remains up after several days clearly means that it's not the work of some hacker or that it grossly misrepresents RP's thinking.

So I have come to terms with what RP is saying. There will be no brokered convention. There will be no 3rd party/indy run. And although I would LOVE to see a "secret plan" spring into effect, I don't believe RP is being coy by not mentioning one.

We need to take the man at his word. He does not expect to win the presidency, BUT he would like to keep his congressional seat, so he is focusing on that. On the other hand, he is not officially dropping out of the presidential race, and hopes to bring as many delegates as possible to the covention, which will help carry his movement forward into the future.

This is the best interpretation of the website message I can come up with. It's not what I would ideally like to see, but I'm trying to reconcile myself to it.