PDA

View Full Version : why is CNN still showing the Paul delegates as 16?

Freedom4theWorld
02-11-2008, 12:42 AM
hi,
why does the CNN election page, still shows the RP delegates at 16?
since we r hearing that RP delegates are more - speculation including some numbers crossing 100 (i m not sure about the origin of those numbers)
any idea?
should v contact them and ask them about this ?
to those ppl saying there is no real proof of 100+ delegates, could u please tell about how much the real number is right now? is it 16?
if it is 16, then please ignore this question.

BiPolarBear
02-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Because it is CNN and they don't report the facts accurately. Just like all the other channels on your tv. Please, turn it off. (Just a suggestion...)

pacelli
02-11-2008, 12:49 AM
hi,
since we r hearing that RP delegates have crossed 100?
any idea?

Because CNN as well as the other network news media want Dr. Paul to lose.

QCB79
02-11-2008, 12:50 AM
because they dont have a clue... Clueless News Network

Shink
02-11-2008, 12:51 AM
hi,
since we r hearing that RP delegates have crossed 100?
any idea?

Let's not jump to conclusions. It was merely a misprint. Someone smudged the '0' and so they accidentally put up 16.

doronster195
How? And since when does RP have 100 delegates?

amistybleu
Three words: Communist News Network or was it Censorship News Network, no no it's Crappy News Network. :D

amistybleu
02-11-2008, 12:53 AM
How? And since when does RP have 100 delegates?

He has more than that, many states have uncommitted delegates that are for RP, all the numbers they post on delegate is speculative at best.

CanadiansforRP
02-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I think it is Corporate/Corrupt News Network!!!

pacelli
02-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Clinton News Network.

doronster195
02-11-2008, 12:56 AM
So... where is the proof that he has more than 100 delegates? That would be a big deal, because people always come up to me and say "He only has 16 delegates..."

JordanQ72
02-11-2008, 12:59 AM
So... where is the proof that he has more than 100 delegates? That would be a big deal, because people always come up to me and say "He only has 16 delegates..."

There is none, it's not even speculation, but pure fantasy.

doronster195
02-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Okay... then why have people been throwing around this 100+ delegates number without any proof to give us false hopes?

Fields
02-11-2008, 01:00 AM

I'd like to see that too. Last I remember before Washington he had "42+"

sidster
02-11-2008, 01:05 AM
He has more than that, many states have uncommitted delegates that are for RP, all the numbers they post on delegate is speculative at best.

Let me play the cynic for this post and say: Just like we won Louisiana,
or was it that we came a close second, as reported here? Or like the
"We DID WIN Washington!!!" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117523) post?

I'm really skeptical if all the info posted here is backed with facts. The
problem with going along with such facts that are not supported is that
readers of these forums end up repeating them to the public that they
are trying to introduce Ron Paul to, and once these folks go and turn on
CNN or any other local news media (paper, TV, radio, etc) what is reported
doesn't jive with what RPSupporter1234 told them... we end up looking
like (pick your choice):

a) Liers
b) Loony
c) Spreading FUD/propaganda
d) Confused
e) all of the above

Personally, I'm a little of choice d. I am not sure what is going on anymore.

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 01:08 AM

I don't disagree that we have a good share of uncommitted delegates but I have yet to see a single location (and I've asked this several times) that shows exactly what our counts are in each state including the confirmed uncommitted or "hidden" delegates we have.

Freedom4theWorld
02-11-2008, 01:09 AM
i wd admit i m a bit confused,
forums saying we came 2nd somewhere, even won some state,
and then i see the delegate number not rising, so i put up the question
i m not claiming that the delegate number is 100+,
i m just looking for unbiased info.

Freedom4theWorld
02-11-2008, 01:11 AM
i wd totally agree with TruthAtLast,
i wd like to see the real numbers,
and wd prefer some source other than the MSM
for doronster195 - if u cd tell a reliable source to find the real numbers,i wd b glad.

nodope0695
02-11-2008, 01:11 AM
At least CNN is SHOWING him. Faux's latest promo for their campaign "coverage" declares, "Two Democrats, Two Republicans!" And Ron is not included.

Faux never ceases to amaze me with their misreporting, lying, and just plain fascism. I wish there were some legal way to take Faux News off the air. How can anybody take them seriously? Oh, wait, I forgot. The SHEEPLE watch Faux.:mad:

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 01:16 AM
SHEEPLE

haha, that makes me laugh every time I hear it.

affa
02-11-2008, 01:20 AM
1. Woo, boy, the trolls are out tonight.

2. If someone knew exact numbers, they sure wouldn't tell the world/opposition.

3. Mainstream media lies. And lies. And lies some more.

4. The mainstream media wants to make it look like we have zero chance so that when we win they can try to present it as theft, rather than us following their rules. That is why they present their numbers as fact and not as total speculation.

Paul4Prez
02-11-2008, 01:21 AM
The actual number of pledged delegates we have so far is: 5, all from North Dakota, according to the Green Papers:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-PU.phtml

We also have an estimated 16 delegates as follows: 5 AK, 4 IA, 3 ME, 4 NV.

Add in the 3 from WV, which has been sort of confirmed, and we're at 24. The campaign said 42 before this weekend, estimating another 4 in CO, 9 in MN, and 3 in LA, but an actual total of 8 in NV instead of 4, but only 3 in AK.

The final numbers for some states won't be known until after the state conventions. We got zip in Kansas this weekend, but should get 20+% of the 18 at stake in the Washington caucus, for another 4 or more, so our unofficial total is probably at 46+ right now.

Fields
02-11-2008, 01:30 AM
Confusing as hell but thanks for the break down.

Freedom4theWorld
02-11-2008, 01:41 AM
thanks to Paul4Prez for the informative answer,
otherwise i was feeling the pressure from Trolls.
Long Live the New Revolution!!

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 01:46 AM
The actual number of pledged delegates we have so far is: 5, all from North Dakota, according to the Green Papers:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-PU.phtml

We also have an estimated 16 delegates as follows: 5 AK, 4 IA, 3 ME, 4 NV.

Add in the 3 from WV, which has been sort of confirmed, and we're at 24. The campaign said 42 before this weekend, estimating another 4 in CO, 9 in MN, and 3 in LA, but an actual total of 8 in NV instead of 4, but only 3 in AK.

The final numbers for some states won't be known until after the state conventions. We got zip in Kansas this weekend, but should get 20+% of the 18 at stake in the Washington caucus, for another 4 or more, so our unofficial total is probably at 46+ right now.

Thanks Paul4Prez. Still sounds a little unofficial but at least there is some clarity as to what the assumptions are. And we still don't know how some people are thinking we have over 100, unless there are assumptions on uncommitted delegates but how many and in what states?

jasonjasonjason1
02-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Because it is CNN and they don't report the facts accurately. Just like all the other channels on your tv. Please, turn it off. (Just a suggestion...)

+1