PDA

View Full Version : WA GOP "pissed" at RP delegates

hawks4ronpaul
02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
See post #2 at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117906

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Is this why the campaign said to go uncommited?

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Is this why the campaign said to go uncommited?

probably to avoid shenanigans at the upper levels of the state gop's.

Remember the blind-issue poll done last year where the people were polled on each candidate's platform without identifying the candidate and Dr. Paul had larger support than any other Repub?

That's exactly why this works!!!

ronpaulfan
02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
This is why HQ should have been running non-stopped ads appealing to the Republican base.

Janet
02-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Being that delegates are elected by the people at a local level, and it is those delegates who will pick the ones to advance to state and then national, it would be difficult for the GOP to decide who gets in from the top down. Caucus/delegate selection is a very bottom up process.

pacelli
02-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Being that delegates are elected by the people at a local level, and it is those delegates who will pick the ones to advance to state and then national, it would be difficult for the GOP to decide who gets in from the top down. Caucus/delegate selection is a very bottom up process.

And that is the exact reason they are pissed. We've found a way to get around their rigged system. And now they're the ones looking like a failed republican organization.

Janet
02-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I am in WA state and my local GOP have been friendly and encouraging of RP supporters. I believe the suggestion from the campaign to withhold presidential preference was to boost the chances of being selected as a delegate in precincts where other attendees may not have wanted to vote for a RP supporter, not to prevent a few at the top of the GOP from systematically weeding them out.