PDA

View Full Version : A quick way to boost our efforts and results by 10%

lastnymleft
02-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Point 1:

If you check here: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/ you will see that we currently have: 107,408 active members in 1,602 meetup groups, spread across 1,184 cities in 32 countries.

The most glaring number, though, is the 10,263 people listed as being "Interested". These are as-yet-unformed groups where all they are lacking to be a hot-bed of activity towards getting Dr Paul elected, is (1) someone willing to step and become the Organizer, and (2) the meetup subscription fee.

There are some glaring inclusions in the list of "Interested" meetup groups. Apparently there are *94* people in Ann Arbor, MI, that are not a formally registered group at present. What's up with that? Also, there are 33 people in Miami Beach, FL that have been "Interested" for a LONG time. We can really make a LOT more places hotbeds of activity for Dr Paul if we just bring these people that have already expressed significant interest in Dr Paul into the fold. Sometimes, all people need is a gentle push, to get them over their static inertia.

Here's what I propose: If you are a member of an Active Ron Paul Meetup group, find an "Interested" meetup group near you, and adopt it. Help them get on their feet. Talk to the people, encourage an Organizer to come forth, perhaps even help them out with their meetup fee, if that's a big issue. It wouldn't take much, but could have a terrific effect, very quickly. Let's see that "Interested" list getting smaller, eh?

Right now the proportion of Interested/Active members is: 9.56%. Let's use that as our metric, and drop that number! I'll keep an eye on the number, and report it back here. As you adopt a group, and bring it into Active status, claim some recognition, by posting it here.

Point 2:

I've been in a bit of an ongoing battle with meetup.com for the last few months, with regards to their front page, and the section they have labeled "Top Interests". They have a list of 24 groups on there, which they declare to be the "Top" meetup groups. That's baloney. I've been to each of those pages, and our 107,408 active members are bested only by:

New in Town meetup members - 148,009
Entrepreneur meetup members - 112,010

I expect that we will best the Entrepreneur group, within the month, so we will be the number two meetup in all the world. That deserves some recognition, don't you think?

The Democratic Party meetups are on there as a "Top Interest", but they only have 34,347 active members - about one third of our number.

They say that they update the list "periodically", and that they are not slighting Ron Paul meetup members, but I have asked them multiple times to update the list, and yet it is still not done. Heck, to have an automatic Top 20 meetup groups should be trivial, you'd think.

I'm past asking them nicely, by myself. It's time for the Ron Paul Swarm to fly into action. Please join me in asking them to include Ron Paul meetups as a Top Interest on their homepage.

You may contact them at:
http://www.meetup.com/help/contactus/

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Just for your info, the Columbus RP meetup is pictured on the from page of meetup right now.

lastnymleft
02-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Just for your info, the Columbus RP meetup is pictured on the from page of meetup right now.

I'm not talking about the temporary, highlight section. They put Huckabee's group on their last week, etc. I'm talking about the PERMANENT display of Top Interests, bottom right of the page.

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm not talking about the temporary, highlight section.

I know. I should have made that clear.

I like the idea of adopting people interested in meetups. I hope it catches on.

lastnymleft
02-11-2008, 12:35 PM
C'mon people, let's power up by a quick 10%!

lastnymleft
02-11-2008, 08:48 PM
So, nobody thinks 10% extra active supporters is a good thing?