PDA

View Full Version : Maryland?

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
My state votes Tuesday. I have somewhere around 25 people who will vote how I suggest.

Do we vote Huckabee or Paul? I think we need to stop McCain at all cost.

Please do not rip me apart for this question.:cool:

JordanQ72
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
In the Tuesday primaries, Huckabee and Paul both are floating in the teens with McCain around 50%. It's not impossible if there was a joining together and a swaying of the undecideds to beat McCain.

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 09:30 PM
How do you make a poll on here?

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I have approached the Huckabee people with a deal on Virginia, so Marylanders can vote however they like if the deal pulls through.

Austin
02-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Damn it this is such a tough question.. I am thinking based on how far McCain is ahead, any plan to give Huckabee more votes would be futile. In that case, vote for Paul.

gerryb
02-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Vote Ron Paul.

And get those 25 people to each bring 25 people =P

a Vote for Huckabee is a vote for McCain

zadrock
02-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Gotta vote Paul here. who knows, he could win a district and get some delegates. if we were winner take all i might feel differently

Z

kirkblitz
02-10-2008, 09:35 PM
vote Paul in Maryland, its not winner take all, its winner of a district takes delegates in that district.

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Nate can you explain more on the deal in Virginia.

AFM
02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
We aren't going to win MD or VA. Although we could use the momentum of a high percentage. Vote RP.

zadrock
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
We aren't going to win MD or VA. Although we could use the momentum of a high percentage. Vote RP.

agreed - we need to show that we can hang. MD will be busy after our primary though. We got lots of Ron Paul Republicans running for Congress. So that's the next step...

Z

jumpyg1258
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
My state votes Tuesday. I have somewhere around 25 people who will vote how I suggest.

Do we vote Huckabee or Paul? I think we need to stop McCain at all cost.

Please do not rip me apart for this question.:cool:

Why do you even have to ask this question, seriously? I dont get the fascination over voting for someone other than who you dont support. Not to really pick on you but its cause of these type of people that we lost the state of Washington and gawd knows where else.

VOTE FOR WHAT YOU STAND FOR, NOT FOR THIS FALSE STRATEGY CRAP!

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Nate can you explain more on the deal in Virginia.

It would be trading Virginia for a later state, I mentioned Wisconsin or Mississippi, I think MS would be better for us because it is possible to get the word out before the primaries there.

The only response so far is negative, but I'm still holding out some hope of a deal.

jumpyg1258

How do you know that? Do you have the ability of reading into the future? Now it is true that I have yet to see or hear a single Ron Paul ad but I havent EVER seen a sign for a different presidential candidate here DEM OR GOP.

itsnobody
Vote Ron Paul

Explain that Ron Paul is the only fiscally conservative one left in the race.....Huckabee has raised taxes and will raise spending...he's the false conservative

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Why do you even have to ask this question, seriously? I dont get the fascination over voting for someone other than who you dont support. Not to really pick on you but its cause of these type of people that we lost the state of Washington and gawd knows where else.

VOTE FOR WHAT YOU STAND FOR, NOT FOR THIS FALSE STRATEGY CRAP!

I dont know if I would even be able to live with a Huck vote. I just thought I would run this by people on here. I want to do whats best for Ron , if that means a suicide vote so be it.

Lois
02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Is Virginia winner take all?

What's the deal in Virginia? We had a straw poll in Charlottesville Saturday and there was no one there to speak for Huckabee, (just McCain, Romney and Ron Paul). Huckabee only got 3 votes out of over 100 cast. How come nobody ever sees any Huckabee supporters? Where are they?

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Is Virginia winner take all?

What's the deal in Virginia? We had a straw poll in Charlottesville Saturday and there was no one there to speak for Huckabee, (just McCain, Romney and Ron Paul). Huckabee only got 3 votes out of over 100 cast. How come nobody ever sees any Huckabee supporters? Where are they?

Don't know, but he's second in Virginia, and we need to have him get just enough momentum for a brokered convention, vote for Huckabee.

jaumen
02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
vote Paul. I am, as are several other people I've been working on a long time.

Xyrus2
02-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, I can pretty much say for certain that district 2 where I am will go to McCain. I live in a heavy military area and thought there would be more support for Paul. I was pretty wrong on that score.

Perhaps if I was shorter...and cuter...and female. :rolleyes:

I can hope that the mailers I sent out have better luck than my canvassing did. I live in one of the few red areas of the state and it's full of FOX zombies. :(

Edited to add:

DON"T VOTE FOR HUCKABEE! HE WANTS VP AND IS WILLING TO DEAL TO GET IT! THERE WILL BE NO BROKERED CONVENTION WITH HUCKABEEE!

~X~

constitutional
02-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Vote For Paul!!!

JordanQ72
02-10-2008, 10:12 PM
DON"T VOTE FOR HUCKABEE! HE WANTS VP AND IS WILLING TO DEAL TO GET IT! THERE WILL BE NO BROKERED CONVENTION WITH HUCKABEEE!

Well, we're pretty much fucked and should all just go home then. Preventing McCain from getting 1191 is at least mathematically possible. Preventing McCain+Huckabee>1191, is not.

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Well, I can pretty much say for certain that district 2 where I am will go to McCain. I live in a heavy military area and thought there would be more support for Paul. I was pretty wrong on that score.

I can hope that the mailers I sent out have better luck than my canvassing did. I live in one of the few red areas of the state and it's full of FOX zombies. :(

Edited to add:

~X~

A candidate can't control their delegates if they release them, they can then vote for whoever they want.

icon124
02-10-2008, 10:16 PM
im in Maryland and I really don't see any McCain supporters...I've actually seen more Ron Paul supporters than McCain...but I live in Baltimore city and that is a HUGE democrat city...Obama's gonna win MD most likely becuz of Bmore City

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
im in Maryland and I really don't see any McCain supporters...I've actually seen more Ron Paul supporters than McCain...but I live in Baltimore city and that is a HUGE democrat city...Obama's gonna win MD most likely becuz of Bmore City

That's the way it has been in most states, he wins in a couple large cities, then loses, or barely wins, more rural areas.

Ron Paul might win some Congressional Districts, that's why I encourage people in MD to vote Paul, while in VA I say vote Huck.

tamor
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Let Dr. Paul work out the deals with Huckabee --we need as many delegates as possible -- Vote Paul

tekkierich
02-10-2008, 10:20 PM

~X~

I am running for congress in your district. I am unopposed in the primary. I will be directly running against Dutch Ruppersberger.

icon124
02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
I am running for congress in your district. I am unopposed in the primary. I will be directly running against Dutch Ruppersberger.

haha wow no way...What's you name and the district?

EDIT: NVM found it in your sig...still cool that your running though!

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:22 PM

I encourage you to get a good website (http://www.idealcampaign.com/Home.aspx).

icon124
02-10-2008, 10:25 PM

I have a quick question and figured I would ask you since you are running for congress. You can run for congress in any party? And can any party vote for you? The reason I'm asking is because Cummings is in my district (7th) and eventually I will want to run

tekkierich
02-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I encourage you to get a good website (http://www.idealcampaign.com/Home.aspx).

I am quite happy with mine, thanks. Incremental improvements are ongoing. I desire to have content, not a lot of fluff.

tekkierich
02-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a quick question and figured I would ask you since you are running for congress. You can run for congress in any party? And can any party vote for you? The reason I'm asking is because Cummings is in my district (7th) and eventually I will want to run

As I understand it, the filing deadline was December 3rd at least for major parties. There might be a different process for independent or third parties but I don't know of them.

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I am quite happy with mine, thanks. Incremental improvements are ongoing. I desire to have content, not a lot of fluff.

The reason why is that when I see that website I immediately think "unprofessional," now I'd still vote for you, but many people would be turned off.

Do you think that Ron Paul would have 7,650,000 Google search results if his website looked like one long document. Ron Paul's website is the model for any good campaign website.

P.S. Project Vote Smart has some negative stuff about you not answering some questionnaires, I'd encourage you to get on that right now. We need more Ron Pauls in office.

pacelli
02-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Have everyone vote RP. We gave them WV.

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Whats the deal with Arminio and Gilchrest? Did Ron endorse Gilchrest?

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:36 PM

He did, but vote Arminio.

slinkymaster2
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
A brokered convention is not going to happen and mccain will not be our next president. Lets get real, people are going to vote for the "(D)" after peoples names come the general election regardless of the candidates. I'm voting for Paul and not playing some stupid game based on peoples delusions that a brokered convention actually benefits us over the establishment.

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Any info on his endorsement?

constitutional
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Gilchrest? I heard he is afraid of terrorists.

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
A brokered convention is not going to happen and mccain will not be our next president. Lets get real, people are going to vote for the "(D)" after peoples names come the general election regardless of the candidates. I'm voting for Paul and not playing some stupid game based on peoples delusions that a brokered convention actually benefits us over the establishment.

You don't know the possibilities, my friend. See my Delegate Projections (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117904) thread.

tekkierich
02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
The reason why is that when I see that website I immediately think "unprofessional," now I'd still vote for you, but many people would be turned off.

Do you think that Ron Paul would have 7,650,000 Google search results if his website looked like one long document. Ron Paul's website is the model for any good campaign website.

P.S. Project Vote Smart has some negative stuff about you not answering some questionnaires, I'd encourage you to get on that right now. We need more Ron Pauls in office.

I am on all of these things. I'll be honest I am working on about $200 in campaign donations so far, so there is not a lot of our sourcing going on just get in my campaign. I am just now ramping this congressional campaign up as Ron Paul's in Maryland is ramping down.

Xyrus2
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Well, we're pretty much fucked and should all just go home then. Preventing McCain from getting 1191 is at least mathematically possible. Preventing McCain+Huckabee>1191, is not.

Yep. Give up. Go home. Since apparently you seem to think that this is all about one man, I guess that would be appropriate for you.

In the meantime, the rest of us will continue to fight. We get as many delegates as we can. We support Paul at the convention. We write in Paul after the convention. We infiltrate our local GOP and bring change. We get the Ron Paul Republicans elected to office.

You may be a sunshine patriot, but I am not. You may see the nomination/election as the end goal, but I do not. Our chances are slim. The odds are long. But that has little impact on my convictions to change things.

If you only want to back a winning horse, McCain is that way --->

~X~

JordanQ72
02-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Yep. Give up. Go home. Since apparently you seem to think that this is all about one man, I guess that would be appropriate for you.

In the meantime, the rest of us will continue to fight. We get as many delegates as we can. We support Paul at the convention. We write in Paul after the convention. We infiltrate our local GOP and bring change. We get the Ron Paul Republicans elected to office.

You may be a sunshine patriot, but I am not. You may see the nomination/election as the end goal, but I do not. Our chances are slim. The odds are long. But that has little impact on my convictions to change things.

If you only want to back a winning horse, McCain is that way --->

~X~

You missed the entire point of my post, good going genius. :rolleyes:

zadrock
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM

DO NOT FORGET - Vote for Mike Hargadon in the District 7 Primary tomorrow. He is a RON PAUL REPUBLICAN, but has a primary challenger, Ray Bly. We're taking down Cummings this year. You can run for this seat once we get Mike into the Senate, LOL

Z

nodope0695
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
WTF??? We have a huge chance in Maryland...how do I know? Because I live here too, and myself and alot of others have been busting our humps to drum up votes for RP.

Do we vote Huckabee or Paul???? Why are we here unless we're voting for RP? How in the world would voting for Huckabee help anything...we're RON PAUL supporters, and we're working to elect RON PAUL - NOT Mike Huckabee.

Anybody but McCain? Do you not realize that McCain will get his ass handed to him by whoever the Democrat nominee is, Billary or Obama? McCain doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning the general election (and thats what the establishment want).

If you want to truly waste your vote, then go ahead and cast if for somebody you don't even support. As far as I'm concerned voting for Huckabee for the purpose of blocking McCain from the nomination is the dumbest, most idiotic idea I've ever heard.

Please go back over to Huck's Army and leave us alone.

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 10:54 PM
WTF??? We have a huge chance in Maryland...how do I know? Because I live here too, and myself and alot of others have been busting our humps to drum up votes for RP.

Do we vote Huckabee or Paul???? Why are we here unless we're voting for RP? How in the world would voting for Huckabee help anything...we're RON PAUL supporters, and we're working to elect RON PAUL - NOT Mike Huckabee.

Anybody but McCain? Do you not realize that McCain will get his ass handed to him by whoever the Democrat nominee is, Billary or Obama? McCain doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning the general election (and thats what the establishment want).

If you want to truly waste your vote, then go ahead and cast if for somebody you don't even support. As far as I'm concerned voting for Huckabee for the purpose of blocking McCain from the nomination is the dumbest, most idiotic idea I've ever heard.

Please go back over to Huck's Army and leave us alone.

I dont think a vote for huck to stop McCain from picking up more delegates is dumb at all. This was just something that came to mind and I saw no harm in asking what people thought.

If you want me to leave I will! Fuck everyone vote on it!

bcreps85
02-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Vote Paul! We did them a favor in WV, we don't do any more favors until they repay it. As far as I'm concerned, Huck sucks up to McCain...they are one and the same. Only help them if it directly benefits us.

nodope0695
02-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I dont think a vote for huck to stop McCain from picking up more delegates is dumb at all. This was just something that came to mind and I saw no harm in asking what people thought.

If you want me to leave I will! Fuck everyone vote on it!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. But why not vote for RP in order to keep McCain AND Huck from getting the delegates? Thats why we're here, isn't it?

Like I said, McCain doesn't stand a chance of becoming president against Hillary or Obama...he's got so much garbage in his background (and the present) that he'll get eaten alive by the liberal media. If McCain is elected president, I'll eat my hat.

I apologize for the Huck's Army comment...I was being emotional instead of rational.

slacker921
02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
"Please go back over to Huck's Army and leave us alone." ... and report back to them that if they want a brokered convention and if they want to stop McCain dead in his tracks then Paul needs to win a state. They need to vote for Paul. That is the only way they'll slow the momentum of McCain.

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. But why not vote for RP in order to keep McCain AND Huck from getting the delegates? Thats why we're here, isn't it?

Like I said, McCain doesn't stand a chance of becoming president against Hillary or Obama...he's got so much garbage in his background (and the present) that he'll get eaten alive by the liberal media. If McCain is elected president, I'll eat my hat.

I apologize for the Huck's Army comment...I was being emotional instead of rational.

We will vote Ron Paul I promise!!:)
Do you have any info on why Ron endorsed Gilchrest over Arminio?

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 11:13 PM
"Please go back over to Huck's Army and leave us alone." ... and report back to them that if they want a brokered convention and if they want to stop McCain dead in his tracks then Paul needs to win a state. They need to vote for Paul. That is the only way they'll slow the momentum of McCain.

Hucks army wont let me join! Maybe I should vote McCain then :confused:

nate895
02-10-2008, 11:16 PM

Never vote for McCain under any circumstances.

hvac ak47
02-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Never vote for McCain under any circumstances.

It was a joke!

tekkierich
02-10-2008, 11:20 PM

I have been very frustrated about this. I asked for clarification on this endorsement from HQ with about 10 different phone calls Friday and Saturday.

I was promissed:

First a call back
Second a post on the Daily Dose
Third a press release

I was promised all of these things with in one to two hours after I called. No dice. I have yet to see it confirmed or denied by the Paul campaign.

I am prepared to spend some effort communicating with people in the first district regarding clarification of the endorsement. I want to do this as soon as possible tomorrow so people know for sure who (if anyone) Ron Paul has endorsed. This is a VERY tight race and every vote could make the difference.

I am the first to tell people to leave HQ alone, and I avoid calling them a bunch. I have helped out HQ with about three days of labor answering e-mails. I am very troubled to no be able to get an answer out of the campaign regarding something that is VERY IMPORTANT to Paul supporters in Maryland.

nodope0695
02-10-2008, 11:25 PM

That's the first I've heard of that. I was hoping Ron would endorse Collins Bailey from the 5th District. He's running for congress...nice guy too. I've met him twice. Bailey is also one of the RP delegates for Dist 5. We have a full slate here!! :D

nodope0695
02-10-2008, 11:27 PM

If they turn you away, Hillary is looking for a new manager. :D

JordanQ72
02-10-2008, 11:35 PM
But why not vote for RP in order to keep McCain AND Huck from getting the delegates?

Because Maryland is winner take all on the state and district level. Ron will get no delegates, and neither will Huckabee. By combining votes one way or the other, we will beat McCain in certain places, and in best case, prevent McCain from getting any delegates as all.

Thats why we're here, isn't it?

I don't think anyone here right now believes we can get Ron to 1191 pledged delegates. The point is to somehow force a brokered covnention.

nodope0695
02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I don't think anyone here right now believes we can get Ron to 1191 pledged delegates. The point is to somehow force a brokered covnention.

I totally agree, but I just can't bring myself to vote for anybody else, regardless of the tactical reasons for it. I've worked to hard to throw my vote away for Huckabee...he's slime, and I won't give him my vote. I'd just assume vote for Mickey Mouse. Besides, they're using Diebold machines here...when I choose RP, my vote will probably go to Huck anyway...or Thompson or Giuliani.

No, I'm afraid my vote is going to Ron Paul. We have Ron Paul delegates in my congressional district - THREE of them and THREE alternates...ALL Ron Paul people. My vote is going to be for them, too.

tekkierich
02-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Also, FYI Huckabee is a non starter in some districts. In district 6 for instance he only has one delegate even running!

In fact we should be lobbying Huck's Army folks in district 6 to at least vote for our delegates.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2008/documents/2008_candidates.pdf

nodope0695
02-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Also, FYI Huckabee is a non starter in some districts. In district 6 for instance he only has one delegate even running!

In fact we should be lobbying Huck's Army folks in district 6 to at least vote for our delegates.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2008/documents/2008_candidates.pdf

Now thats a good idea. But, I've never even met a Huckabee Supporter. Everybody I talk to (outside RP people) are for McCain (because they don't know better). The only other candidate's sign I've seen around here is for Obama.