PDA

View Full Version : Why is FoxNews breaking the silence?

MsDoodahs
05-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I've heard Dr. Paul mentioned - favorably, too - by a Fox Reporter this morning, Cavuto is supposed to have him on before the debate, Hannity and Colmes is supposed to have him on after.

Why?

What is going on?

:confused:

interpaul
05-15-2007, 10:39 AM
We all know that Hannity is FOX's right winged servant and Colmes is FOX's satirical, nerdy-goofy, scapegoat FAKE liberal; After all, FOX is a right winged network notorious for spin and propaganda.

Worst case scenario: We will see five and a half minutes of Hannity shouting Dr. Paul down, quetsioning his patriotism and casting aspersions on his character and 30 seconds of Colmes plugging some gruesome true crime segment on Greta Van Susteren's show.
Best Case Scenario: Ron Paul might be able to get a few words in.

Everyone get ready for the censoring and the manipulation; We'll make FOX pay if they dare to pull an MSNBC, ABC or Yahoo. :D

amonasro
05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I've heard Dr. Paul mentioned - favorably, too - by a Fox Reporter this morning, Cavuto is supposed to have him on before the debate, Hannity and Colmes is supposed to have him on after.

Why?

What is going on?

:confused:

Out of curiosity, where is the info that says he will be on Cavuto and Hannity? I searched foxnews.com and couldn't find much.

Anyway maybe they are taking a chance on Ron after they've seen his first debate and the interest that is growing for him. I can't image these debates get extremely high ratings in the first place (maybe I'm wrong) but even biased media can be seduced by ratings and money! Maybe foxnews will be the first outlet to break thru and give Ron more coverage in an attempt to take advantage of his high internet popularity.

I know Ron will do well against Hannity, as he is soft-spoken but definitely not a pushover, and won't let himself be bullied.

ronpaulitician
05-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Ack. Does that mean I will have to watch Hannity?

MsDoodahs
05-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Out of curiosity, where is the info that says he will be on Cavuto and Hannity?

At Eventful.com, search for Ron Paul.

:)

qednick
05-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Maybe they really are trying to be "fair and balanced" :rolleyes:

billv
05-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I used to be a Hannity fan before I got smart. The guy is a total moron and the only reason he appeals to such a broad audience I think is because he controls his show so that his guests look like idiots and he comes across as brilliant when there in reality, there is no way he could hold his own in a real debate. I'm really thinking Ron Paul is going to get a bad rap tonight for being against the war. Hannity seeks to silence all who oppose the war as unpatriotic, unsupporting of the troops.

I got the same treatment on FreeRepublic yesterday. I posted one anti-war comment and was banned.

MsDoodahs
05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
No way, they aren't trying to be fair and balanced!

I DO wonder if they have noticed the online support for Dr. Paul surging higher, and are trying to get a jump on their competition?

Doesn't that Murdoch guy that owns Fox have more online "stuff" than say, ABC?

I would think that if his bunch is more online "aware" than the other networks, they'd be more likely to recognize an upward trend, and if they are able to spot it before their competition, then they're able to capitalize on it way faster than their competition, too.

zer0prime
05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
i've never been excited for a debate before. im sure ron paul will own any interview they throw at him. :D

Mattsa
05-15-2007, 11:59 AM
We all know that Hannity is FOX's right winged servant and Colmes is FOX's satirical, nerdy-goofy, scapegoat FAKE liberal; After all, FOX is a right winged network notorious for spin and propaganda.

Worst case scenario: We will see five and a half minutes of Hannity shouting Dr. Paul down, quetsioning his patriotism and casting aspersions on his character and 30 seconds of Colmes plugging some gruesome true crime segment on Greta Van Susteren's show.
Best Case Scenario: Ron Paul might be able to get a few words in.

Everyone get ready for the censoring and the manipulation; We'll make FOX pay if they dare to pull an MSNBC, ABC or Yahoo. :D

I've got a bad feeling about them sidelining him after his success in the MSNBC and ABC polls.

I hope they give Ron some good airtime!

Hancock1776
05-15-2007, 12:21 PM
You think Ron can't completely dismantle Hannity in a matter of seconds? I watched him do it to Bill Maher, and that guy is a noisy, politically schizophrenic narcissist who even mocks GOD.

Well-founded logic obliterates pomp any day of the week. I would love to see Hannity and Paul face to face for 5 minutes without Hannity wielding the "hang up" button.

Kandilynn
05-15-2007, 12:22 PM
They had Newt Gingrich on Fox and Friends this morning. And they were trying to get him to admit that he was thinking about running, but instead he talked about how well Ron Paul did in the first debate.

Those fox and friends people didn't even know how to respond to that.

NMCB3
05-15-2007, 12:45 PM
If Ron does well in this debate, then I`m betting the "top tier" guys will all become born-again Constitutionalists. :)

zMtLlC
05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
You think Ron can't completely dismantle Hannity in a matter of seconds? I watched him do it to Bill Maher, and that guy is a noisy, politically schizophrenic narcissist who even mocks GOD.

Well-founded logic obliterates pomp any day of the week. I would love to see Hannity and Paul face to face for 5 minutes without Hannity wielding the "hang up" button.

That show really made me mad. Is it now extremist to see that things can be resolved peacefully? It is the epitome of a straw man to say that he was "against the Civil War."

They had Newt Gingrich on Fox and Friends this morning. And they were trying to get him to admit that he was thinking about running, but instead he talked about how well Ron Paul did in the first debate.

Those fox and friends people didn't even know how to respond to that.

Really? That's a good sign!

qednick
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
If Ron does well in this debate, then I`m betting the "top tier" guys will all become born-again Constitutionalists. :)

I was thinking that too. The problem is, there's a vast majority of the population that are content to be "sheep" and believe everything the top tier people tell them. It's our job to educate them whenever possible and by whatever means.

cujothekitten
05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I already feel dirty having to watch the debate on Fox... I'll wait for people to upload the interviews to youtube.

Hancock1776
05-15-2007, 02:20 PM
I think the comment that started this thread is coming from the wrong angle.

We just need to be happy the silence is kind of getting broken. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

winston_blade
05-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Ron Paul was very good on Cavuto, and Cavuto said that, "If you bring up what you just did in this interview, you are going to create fireworks at the debate tonight." Good bit of publicity and distinguished himself from the other candidates.

MsDoodahs
05-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I agree, I'm GLAD they are breaking the silence!

At the opening of the interview a few minutes ago on Fox, Cavuto specifically said that Fox News has NEVER had so many requests to get a single individual on the air as they have had for Ron Paul.

Hancock1776
05-15-2007, 06:27 PM

At the opening of the interview a few minutes ago on Fox, Cavuto specifically said that Fox News has NEVER had so many requests to get a single individual on the air as they have had for Ron Paul.

Wow. That is encouraging. We need to keep agitating, and keep agitating, all the way through to the primaries. The more time he gets on FOX, the more people pay attention, the more converts he gets, the better he does in the polls.

Of course, we will also need a concerted campaign to go out and MAKE news so that Ron's name shows up automatically. I'll try to post some on that later... I'm certain winning the Christian Right is a MUST for getting RP on the air.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-15-2007, 06:47 PM

:)While I respect any journalist that asks tough questions and I would be disappointed if any serious journalist tossed softballs to Dr. Paul in an interview, I was disappointed by Cavuto's condescending attitude. He can ask tough questions, but I was really hoping his attitude would be less biased. While he acknowledged the flood of e-mails he received, by his attitude he didn't seem to think Dr. Paul is a serious contender and is only good for generating fireworks.

lonestarguy
05-16-2007, 09:56 AM
In the segments that are being broadcast on Fox Noise, Carl and his accomplishes describe the Ghouliani-Paul dustup by describing, spinning Paul's comments, then, running the replay of Ghouliani attacking Paul. And they spin it as if it's some kind of Ghouliani statesman moment.

My the media bastards are skeerd SH@tless of Paul, as he won debate number 2.

I am so proud of Ron Paul. I listened to the debate 3x on Fox Noise on Xm as I made my nightly run Austin-dallas-austin. Hannity is so sad, as he tries to hammer and talk over Dr. Paul.

Well, after last nites performance, the viewers, if they were looking and engaging the grey matter, could clearly see who the lone statesman was and who are the nine politicians.

After last nites debate, it's, RON PAUL, NOW MORE THAN EVER

One additional point, the calls on C-Span's Washington Journal this morning following the South Carolina debate, were 90% for Paul from all lines, independent, republican and democratic lines. It is amazing, it brought tears to my eyes. He's the only candidate who could "unite the clans". He would be able to bring together cross-over dems, most all independents, and bring home the republican base. At some point the powers that be will realize this. Let's all do what we can to help the republican grass roots across the nation realize this situation.

angelatc
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
I am glad that Paul is getting some postive noise on CSpan. I only recently became interested in Paul's candidacy, and what I heard and read this morning really made me uncomfortable.

I was in my car and heard Laura INgraham talking about him this morning. She dismissed the text / internet polls as meaningless, and tossed out the notion that the Paul supporters are cheating or organized or something....She didn't hesitate to notice that another candidate scored a 0% in those polls though.

I heard her take two callers. One was a Ron Paul supporter, but LI cut him off to insist that non-interventionism isn't a viable option. The other caller called Paul a "loon" and they enjoyed a few chuckles together then proclaimed Guiliani the debate winner.

After that, she had a Washington writer on as a guest. I think it was Kathleen Parker from Townhall.com, but I'm not quite sure. During that conversation, Parker concluded that Paul was done, and also mentioned that she hoped there would be fewer candidates in the next debate.

It looks to me like getting the GOP to invite Dr. Paul to the next debate might be a real problem.

MsDoodahs
05-16-2007, 10:29 AM
You are correct.

The Chairman of GoPac was on Fox post debate and said that the field has been winnowed now, and came EXTREMELY close to flat out saying they would be tossing Dr. Paul.