PDA

View Full Version : Winner take all in VA?

DeafPalmdale
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I want to know if it is true that the winner take all in Virginia? If so, should Ron Paul supporters in VA vote for Huckabee to prevent McCain winning that state? Maybe we help them in VA and they help us in Texas? That would be great but I cannot trust Huckabee or his supporters.

nate895
02-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I don't care if they decide to help in Texas or not, it is virtually impossible for him to win the nomination without w/out a brokered convention, which would happen if he wins Virginia on Tuesday.

manuel
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I gave this plenty of thought, but I can't for the life of me bring myself to vote for Huckabee.

itshappening
02-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Hold your nose and.... VOTE HUCK!

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:00 PM

I can't believe this is what it has come down to, but +1.

itshappening
02-10-2008, 09:00 PM
... having said that, they need to repay the favor somewhere... why wont they get in touch with us? if HUCK is serious we can arrange something....

Poltiical_Rebel
02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
screw HUCK! He wants more government and believes people will not know right from wrong soon!

NEPA_Revolution
02-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Um actually, VOTE RON PAUL. Its better if nobody gets the delegates.

itshappening
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
politics is a dirty business as Bradley will tell you, backroom deals to secure influence and what have you.. we have to play the system and so does Huck, surely he can see we put him over the top in WV and we can do the same elsewhere if he also does the same...

JordanQ72
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I doubt there would be any deal making on Huckabee's part, but yes, Virgina is winner take all, CD & AL, with no other strings attached. McCain is going in with a rather solid lead, but nothing so great a rush on Huck's part tomorrow and Tuesday couldn't overcome, and it would be a rather crushing defeat for McCain.

SteveMartin
02-10-2008, 09:17 PM
We need some guidance from Arlington...or from another planet....Not sure which would be more reliable at this point...I'd call Mark Elam...

pinkmandy
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
This is bs. This thread is absolutely a waste of breath. WE ARE NOT A CAUCUS STATE. Straight up primary vote, go pull a lever. We have NO clue who is/who isn't voting for Dr. Paul or anyone else. There is no "deal" to be made as we don't even know who the other side is here.

Personally, I'm going to MY voting location and outside I will have a table. I will have RP slimjims and flyers. I will have a petition on hand for a RP republican running for Congress here so people can sign to get him on the ballot for November. And I'll be DAMNED if I tell ANYONE to vote for neocon though I'll be happy to tell them why they shouldn't!

ETA: If there is a deal to be made, then maybe you guys should go remind Huck's folks who got them WVA. They can return the favor now if they're honorable. Or not and I'm guessing NOT.

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I have approached the people on the Huckabee forums with a deal, that only response has been negative, but I'm holding on hope.

Prez22
02-10-2008, 09:46 PM

NO...... DON'T VOTE FOR MIKE HUCKABEE ! ! !

Good grief....... are there no principles here? Mike Huckabee is a warmonger just like McCain. He has Richard Haass, President of the Council on Foreign Relations as a foreign policy advisor and has said he likes and respects Richard Haass. Mike Huckabee is not a principled man. He will raise taxes just like McCain, he will send more troops to fight the war on a noun just like McCain, he will open our arms and our doors to illegals just like McCain. He is a snake in the grass, guarandamnteed.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

VOTE RON PAUL

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5471994978715151474 - snake video

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:48 PM
NO...... DON'T VOTE FOR MIKE HUCKABEE ! ! !

Good grief....... are there no principles here? Mike Huckabee is a warmonger just like McCain. He has Richard Haass, President of the Council on Foreign Relations as a foreign policy advisor and has said he likes and respects Richard Haass. Mike Huckabee is not a principled man. He will raise taxes just like McCain, he will send more troops to fight the war on a noun just like McCain, he will open our arms and our doors to illegals just like McCain. He is a snake in the grass, guarandamnteed.

LIVE FREE OR DIE

VOTE RON PAUL

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5471994978715151474 - snake video

Sometimes deals must be struck for the ultimate good. If it isn't possible for us to win, we must sacrifice for the good of the cause as a whole.

When I was on a football team, I was expected to do whatever it took to help win the game, if that means let the other team get a touchdown so we have a chance to get the ball back before the end of the game, that's what I would do.

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:51 PM
A deal has not been reached, they've locked the thread.

I still encourage people to vote for Huckabee to have a large hope of a brokered convention.

driller80545
02-10-2008, 09:56 PM
This is bs. This thread is absolutely a waste of breath. WE ARE NOT A CAUCUS STATE. Straight up primary vote, go pull a lever. We have NO clue who is/who isn't voting for Dr. Paul or anyone else. There is no "deal" to be made as we don't even know who the other side is here.

Personally, I'm going to MY voting location and outside I will have a table. I will have RP slimjims and flyers. I will have a petition on hand for a RP republican running for Congress here so people can sign to get him on the ballot for November. And I'll be DAMNED if I tell ANYONE to vote for neocon though I'll be happy to tell them why they shouldn't!

ETA: If there is a deal to be made, then maybe you guys should go remind Huck's folks who got them WVA. They can return the favor now if they're honorable. Or not and I'm guessing NOT.

Bump

LandonCook
02-10-2008, 09:57 PM

Agreed...

Well, I take that back... on second thought, as long as its not a mccain vote, it takes away from mccain. So, VOTE PAUL

nate895
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Agreed...

I know, I feel so evil, but I know I'm suggesting one of only two routs to the nomination, and it's the more likely one.

slacker921
02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
ummm.. if the Huck folks are serious about McCain not getting anywhere and it going to a brokered convention then they'd be smart to push everyone to vote for Paul. Huckabee winning VA wouldn't be a huge surprise and wouldn't hurt McCain nearly as much as Paul winning it. Paul winning VA would solidify a brokered convention - the ONLY way Huckabee has a shot of winning.

hehehe.. it makes as much sense as a Paul supporter voting for Huckabee.

kgiese
02-10-2008, 10:06 PM
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" - Animal House movie quote

pinkmandy
02-10-2008, 10:06 PM
ummm.. if the Huck folks are serious about McCain not getting anywhere and it going to a brokered convention then they'd be smart to push everyone to vote for Paul. Huckabee winning VA wouldn't be a huge surprise and wouldn't hurt McCain nearly as much as Paul winning it. Paul winning VA would solidify a brokered convention - the ONLY way Huckabee has a shot of winning.

Amen.

nate895
02-10-2008, 10:09 PM

It would be a huge surprise, he's like 30 points behind in the polls right now.

slacker921
02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
"It would be a huge surprise, he's like 30 points behind in the polls right now." .... and Huck is.. um.. like 27 points behind in the polls (http://www.pollster.com/08-VA-Rep-Pres-Primary.php) right now. But that poll is kind of an outlier. It's probably more like
McCain 45
Huck 25
Paul 10
undecided 20
but that's just my best guess

Huck winning VA is a long shot.. and if he did it won't shut McCain out for good. There are a lot of remaining states where Huckabee can't beat McCain - but Paul could beat McCain in those states if he had a solid win and were able to get some media attention.
Paul winning VA would blow this thing wide open and a brokered convention would be assured.

So Huckabee supporters (I know you're on here..) .. what's it going to be? You know you can't win enough states to force it to a brokered convention without Paul winning a state soon.. and if McCain wins VA it'll be much, much harder to stop him in Wisconsin, Ohio, South Dakota, etc.

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 11:03 PM

No. McCain s down the tubes. Keep the faith and do not listen to these people. They do not understand backroom machinations and steganography. Stick to your guns.

Randy

Jeremy
02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
That's impossible. They wouldn't help us in TX. Most of the Paul vote is grassroots. Most of the Huckabee vote is not grassroots.

Neomatrix
02-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Since we gave Huck West Virginia, Huck should give Paul East Virginia in return. And I live in East Virginia!:D

DeafPalmdale
02-11-2008, 09:50 AM
If Huckabee is a longshot to beat McCain, then I guess you can just vote for Congressman Paul. If other state which McCain and Huckabee are close but Paul is a longshot, then go vote for Huckabee. What do you think? Which states?

tommyzDad
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm voting for Paul. Period.

Shink
02-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Don't be goddamn dipshits. If you support Ron, VOTE for him! FUCK! You guys are playing the same 'oh, but he can't win!' bullshit game that your common sheep plays. This is the perception we've been fighting this whole damn time, and you guys want to jump off the bridge with your common **** Sapiens Asininus.

I'm voting for Paul. Period.

THANK YOU!

At the Iowa caucus, I didn't go for some fuckin' deal. I voted for Ron Paul, became a delegate, and everything else didn't fucking matter. That holds true now as ever.

MJfromCT
02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Vote Ron Paul!!! Huck's toy army has maybe a couple hundred people or so. Even if a deal was reached with this outfit of brainwashed sheep, their ability to persuade other Huck voters to vote for Paul in another state would be extremely minimal.

liberteebell
02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Besides the Bill of Rights, here are the top 10 reasons to vote for Ron Paul:

10. It's time to say YES to Dr. No

9. The Founders will stop rolling over in their graves

8. Despite what the media tells us, NO ONE has won enough delegates to secure the nomination

7. You'll send a message: "No more "business as usual in DC"

6. Your vote will REALLY support the troops

5. You can proudly say that you're an informed voter

4. For once, you won't have to hold your nose

3. You may never get another chance to vote for someone so principled

2. In the words of the great Yogi Berra: "It ain't over 'till it's over"

1. When the economy gets ugly, you'll be able to proudly display a bumper sticker that says, "Don't blame me; I voted for RON PAUL!"

zbus12
02-11-2008, 10:27 AM
No deals with Huckyourbuck! Tell Huck if we are going to lose our country, we are going to do it fast and get it over with. Tell Huck we'll swing to McCant or you Huck swing RON PAULS way, or Huck and Paul is done. What do you want Huck a McCain win or a brokered convention! Which way will Huck go then? We win all the delegates!!!

yongrel
02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I am getting so goddamn sick of these threads.

Mods, I would ask you to please consider banning the fools who make these posts. It is distracting and meant to divert our energies. And they bother me.

pinkmandy
02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I am getting so goddamn sick of these threads.

Mods, I would ask you to please consider banning the fools who make these posts. It is distracting and meant to divert our energies. And they bother me.

Hell yeah. Vote for Huckabee...grrr.....:mad: