PDA

View Full Version : More Misinformation about Ron Paul's Candidacy

teshuah
02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Challenger gives Ron Paul a run for his money in congressional contest
(http://www.khou.com/news/local/politics/stories/khou080210_tnt_ronpaul.acac0bcf.html)
06:27 PM CST on Sunday, February 10, 2008

By Lee McGuire / 11 News

Lee McGuire's 11 News report

HOUSTON -- Ron Paul is running for president, but he’s also running for re-election as a Congressman in District 14. That includes Brazoria and a large chunk of Galveston Counties.

At first, it seemed like it would be an easy win.

But Paul has drawn a well-funded, well-connected challenger in the Republican primary.

Paul told many of the people working on his presidential campaign that he was letting them go Friday, so he could concentrate on the congressional race.

He’s also been telling his donors that he needs cash for the congressional run.

Many thought all signs were pointing to Paul dropping his bid for the White House.

But they were wrong.

Paul had a good showing in the Washington and Kansas caucuses Saturday.

Energized by that, he decided to stay in the race.

“Oh yeah, I’m still in the race, because I had my best day yesterday. I was in double digits for the first time in second place. Sometimes surprises happen. I used to be in fourth place, now I’m in third,” Paul said.

“He has not represented this district for some time, in my opinion, as well as it deserves to be represented, and I think this district has realized that with his campaign for president and they’re looking for a change in leadership,” Chris Peden, the Friendswood City Councilman who’s giving Paul a run for his money said.

As of Dec. 31, Peden had raised twice as much money as Paul for the congressional race.

KHOU - TV

Republican Ron Paul

Federal rules say you’re not allowed to use presidential campaign money to run for Congress.

So even though Paul raised millions for the presidential run, they’re no good for the contest in District 14.