PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingerich is Crazy CFR Member Brainwashing America

Mauiboy86
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Check out this brainwash session for the sheeple...
<video>http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/08/gingrich/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

yaz
02-10-2008, 08:05 PM
He is worse than Satan.

PaultheSaint
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
People still buying this propaghanda?

The only thing he was right about was not winning any of our current occupations.

yaz
02-10-2008, 08:10 PM
The entire GOP is propaganda right now: http://www.youtube.com/rnc

slacker921
02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Newt was on Good Morning America late last week talking to Diane Sawyer (also a member of CFR if I recall?) giving this same garbage out. ugh.

Someone from campaign HQ PLEASE get Ron Paul on GMA.. the people deserve to know that Newt is full of BS.

WilliamC
02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
The entire GOP is propaganda right now: http://www.youtube.com/rnc

The sky is falling!

The sky is falling!

Save us Big Government, SAVE US!

Xyrus2
02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Just like the Romney drop out speech. Full of terror this and fear that crap.

http://www.anotherperspective.org/advoc530.html

People really need to stop this fear mongering crap. Our country sounds more and more like Stalin every day.

~X~

ChickenHawk
02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
That was excellent. I've become increasingly convinced that terrorism isn't as big a threat as many people think or as big a threat as it once was but for the most part that speech is right on. I especially like the part about not being a serious nation anymore and the threat to our civil liberties.

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 08:25 PM
he did make a good point on the threat to our civil liberties but he used as a means to persuade people into promoting the idea of attacking Iran. What he didn't mention is that our civil liberties are already eroding away due to our current policy on supposedly fighting the terrorists. Gingerich is quite a sly fox, to put it lightly. ;)

hawks4ronpaul
02-10-2008, 08:26 PM
The RNC agrees with Ron Paul and anyone trying to be a delegate or precinct captain can affirm these core RNC ideals honestly:

RNC http://www.youtube.com/rnc :

"The future of our country, the direction that we go as people, whether we move ahead to meet the challenges of the future or slide back into the irresponsible policies of the past, will be determined by those who get involved." --Ronald Reagan

For more than 150 years the Republican Party has stood for lower taxes, limited government, and a strong national defense. To keep this tradition alive and well, the Republican National Committee needs you to get involved.

The RNC needs your energy, your excitement, and your idealism to push Republicans to victory in 2007, 2008, and beyond.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

JS4Pat
02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Ashamed to say at one time I held this man in high regard. :mad:

michaelwise
Who's afraid of the big bad Al-Qaeda Boogieman?

itshappening
That was excellent. I've become increasingly convinced that terrorism isn't as big a threat as many people think or as big a threat as it once was but for the most part that speech is right on. I especially like the part about not being a serious nation anymore and the threat to our civil liberties.

it will be a threat as long as countries are occupied their people will resent it !!!

all the anti-terror laws wont stop someone so determined and motivated anywho

ChickenHawk
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
he did make a good point on the threat to our civil liberties but he used as a means to persuade people into promoting the idea of attacking Iran. What he didn't mention is that our civil liberties are already eroding away due to our current policy on supposedly fighting the terrorists. Gingerich is quite a sly fox, to put it lightly. ;)

He didn't say we should attack Iran but I suppose saying that they will use nuclear weapons kind leaves that as the only option. I'm torn on this. I REALLY don't want us to go to war with Iran but anyone that thinks there is no chance they would use nuclear weapons if they had them isn't listening to our enemies very well. I tend to think the wouldn't use them but that is just a gut feeling based on what I know about Iran. If you listen to what some in the Iranian government are saying you would be nuts not to be concerned.

michaelwise
02-10-2008, 08:32 PM
For more than 150 years the Republican Party has stood for lower taxes, limited government, and a strong national defense. To keep this tradition alive and well, the Republican National Committee needs you to get involved.

What it stands for and what it does are two different things.

ChickenHawk
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
it will be a threat as long as countries are occupied their people will resent it !!!

all the anti-terror laws wont stop someone so determined and motivated anywho

There is definitely truth to what you say. Although I think what Gingrich says is largely true I would likely disagree with him on exactly how we got in this situation and how to get out of it. Clearly he is genuinely concerned about a serious problem and just because I may disagree with the solution doesn't make him evil.

Russellk30
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
According to Gingrich, getting serious about terrorism means bombing the shit out of any country that ever has the capability to harm us in any way. If one thinks preemptive war is bad under the Bush administration, Gingriche's plans would involve bloodshed on an unprecedented level. If we have not done enough in Iraq, what would it take then? The next level is to completely obliterate any semblance of industrialization.

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 08:38 PM
He didn't say we should attack Iran but I suppose saying that they will use nuclear weapons kind leaves that as the only option.

Sorry but that's what i took from it and i imagine many would interpret it the same way. By saying it the way he did, he can always deny that he ever called for attacking Iran.

Chester Copperpot
02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
People still buying this propaghanda?

The only thing he was right about was not winning any of our current occupations.

honestly I couldnt listen to more than 5 seconds of newt talking.. i had to stop it.. my brain wont let myself listen to such rubbish

Michigan11
02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Ashamed to say at one time I held this man in high regard. :mad:

I know me too.

NMCB3
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Who's afraid of the big bad Al-Qaeda Boogieman?I`m more afraid of my corrupt government than some Muslim terrorists. They have been lying to us, stealing from us, killing us, and terrorizing us for generations.

Crickett
02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
honestly I couldnt listen to more than 5 seconds of newt talking.. i had to stop it.. my brain wont let myself listen to such rubbish

I got through about a minute. It made me so mad when he said it was our responsibility to "do something" because some kid was sawing off a guy's head in Pakistan. Cripes. I have enough trouble figuring out what to do with my adult schizophrenic daughter, and the sadistic police force and lying Govt. bureaucrats here at home. I am more worried about that woman in Texas whose farm is being taken by the NAU. I am more worried about the manipulation of media. I am more worried about our troops coming home and what kind of shape they will be in if they do. I am more worried about how much our dollar will buy when its over.

humanic
02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
That speech was crap.

gerryb
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I hope you all caught his last statements.

The Establishment plans a Nuclear Strike on American soil to enact Martial Law.

Signzit
02-11-2008, 10:02 PM
as long as our Delegates are able to tow the Party Line, until they get past state and on to National.

They will try to knock you out at state, so watch them.

The Only Woj
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
am I the only one who didn't have a problem with this?

Newt's saying, basically, these people are crazy. They don't fear their own destruction.

if we let the extremist elements continue to grow and flourish, the next 9/11 won't be a building, it'll be a city. And if you though the Patriot Act was bad, just imagine what'll come down the pipeline then.

Maybe I'm off on Dr. Paul's philosophy. Iraq is 'wrong' because it's nation building, and much of the conflict is internal and not Al Qaeda-based. But we should be going after Al Qaeda elements in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan, right? Just not our place to have to resecure entire countries.

ChickenHawk
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
am I the only one who didn't have a problem with this?

No, but many people on these forums think that because the government uses the threat of terrorism to pass laws that diminish civil liberties that terrorism therefor must just be a threat manufactured by the government to scare us. Of course that is absurd and not Ron Paul's position either. That's not to say that many in the government don't over hype the threat either to scare us or because they really believe the threat is bigger than it is.

I think most of the people screaming for war with Iran really have good intentions and really believe that war is essential to our security. I'm sure there are others that have more insidious motivations but they are most certainly in the minority.

Anyone that thinks terrorism or Iran is not a potential threat at all is living in a fantasy world.