PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to Romney in the State Conventions??

nyrgoal99
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Is he going to lose much of his support because people will not show up and vote for him to get the delegates?

I am thinking that this is really going to help us.

Thoughts?

Also, since McCains supporters are really old, will the fact many will not go to a state convention help us also?

TXcarlosTX
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
i think your right

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
??? I am pretty sure ROmney is hoping for the following scenario

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huckabee soaks up the anti-mccain vote seals the brokered convention, but in that process becomes a pariah to the Mccain crowd. Romney will return at the convention and try to pass of as a non-alienating middle ground between the two candidates in abrokered convention.

this is how it worked for Abe lincoln

Our strategy is to have all our people in place as delegates... cause well... we're smarter

FreeTraveler
02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! We better have a cross, some garlic and a stake ready for Romney in case he crawls out of his political grave.

??? I am pretty sure ROmney is hoping for the following scenario

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huckabee soaks up the anti-mccain vote seals the brokered convention, but in that process becomes a pariah to the Mccain crowd. Romney will return at the convention and try to pass of as a non-alienating middle ground between the two candidates in abrokered convention.

this is how it worked for Abe lincoln

Our strategy is to have all our people in place as delegates... cause well... we're smarter

kgiese
02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Mitt Romney was a quitter when he started. So, it was natural for him to not see it through, and quit. Once, a quitter always a quitter.

He took a swing a missed, swing and a miss, swing and a miss, but this ain't baseball is it?

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! We better have a cross, some garlic and a stake ready for Romney in case he crawls out of his political grave.

I'm glad someone agrees with me on this

No1ButPaul08
02-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Romney only has 118 bound delegates. He is the King of the unbound caucus delegate states. We can win a lot of his unbound delegates in the states he won. His people probably won't show figuring he is done.