PDA

View Full Version : What's the Canadian Consensus.....

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 07:08 PM
on USA's current economic condition. Are there many canadians concerned about the problem and/or are many talking about taking advantage of the situation?

The Minister
02-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Many Canadians are concerned and talking about the impending US financial crisis. It seems to be as big an issue here as it is down there.

After the initial elation of having an equal dollar, I think most Canadians realize that it is in our long term best interest that you have a robust economy for us to prosper. This is evident by the amount of RP support north of the border. Most canuck supporters like not only the foreign policy but the economic realities he offers. We cheer because we are on your side but that means a re-evaluation of US spending priorities.

Personally I like to see the US stay true to it's roots and not move toward a system like ours. There has always been an advantage to us doing this differently ie. we can learn from each other and keep the systems in check. With very little separating the two governments from an economic ideological basis today it is quite unsettling.

fcnz
02-11-2008, 09:12 AM
We abuse it :D I've been buying alot of stuff in USD nowadays :) Now whose money are you called Funny Money, eh?? :P

ambiguousscion
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
We abuse it :D I've been buying alot of stuff in USD nowadays :) Now whose money are you called Funny Money, eh?? :P

Yeah, well get health care while you can, you'll have to fly to Asia soon.