PDA

View Full Version : That resolution against McCain: Let's nail 'em to GOP doors, Martin Luther style!

t3rmin
02-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Here's a thought regarding that excellent resolution against McCain from this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116767

What about actually NAILING these, or something like these, to the doors of GOP offices? This would be a nod, of course, to the incident that sparked the Protestant Reformation, when Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the church in Wittenburg in 1517. Your average Republican will be well aware of this little bit of history.

It's just daring enough to make an impact, but not like you're headed to a FEMA death camp if you get caught or anything. ;) It's a very mild civil disobedience type thing. The historical parallel is just dripping...

Obviously we don't want to mangle their door: small nail, small hole, just tack it up -- don't be a jerk.

Of course many office doors will be glass... not quite sure what to do about that.

But wouldn't it be amazing if GOP leaders all over the country woke up and went into the office and found these on their doors?

*EDIT* Or just tape 'em up and have a graphic of a nail at the top or top corners of the page. Hopefully still enough to conjure Martin Luther without making doing something permanent to their door.

literatim
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Damage of property is bad.

paulforpaul
02-10-2008, 07:12 PM
GOP doors are private property.

t3rmin
02-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Perhaps the sheet of paper would have a graphic of nails in the upper corners. Hopefully that'd be enough to conjure Martin Luther imagery.

Then we just tape 'em on. Solves the glass door problem, too.

WilliamC
02-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Email them to all of the GOP party officials and elected lawmakers in your State.

One at a time so it's not a mass spam email.

With your name and address on it so it's not anonymous.

I'll start sending mine out tomorrow.

I want 10's of thousands of Republicans to join me in doing this!

ShowMeLiberty
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I like the spirit, but I think they'll take it more seriously if they start receiving a flood of these things in the mail.

Check out the link in my sig - there are two versions of the Resolution and addresses for state and national GOP offices. Millions of these showing up in GOP offices across the country would surely be newsworthy, don't you think?

(Edit: email is too easy to filter/ignore. Physical documents piling up on their desks will have more impact, imho.)

t3rmin
02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Email has negligible impact compared to a physical sheet of paper on a door.

I'm fairly sure there's no trouble to be had from taping a paper to an office door. You might be a little over-squeamish if you're worried about that... ;-)

WilliamC
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I like the spirit, but I think they'll take it more seriously if they start receiving a flood of these things in the mail.

Check out the link in my sig - there are two versions of the Resolution and addresses for state and national GOP offices. Millions of these showing up in GOP offices across the country would surely be newsworthy, don't you think?

(Edit: email is too easy to filter/ignore. Physical documents piling up on their desks will have more impact, imho.)

Can't you hotlink your sig link so it's clickable?

www.nowaymccain.com (http://nowaymccain.com/)