PDA

View Full Version : OHIO...Rural Help needed!

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I am a volunteer for Ron Paul 2008 and member of Wooster Ohio Ron Paul 2008 Meet-up http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1734
This is a new meet-up and you'll find me listed there as Kathy of Smithville.

I signed up as Precinct Leader last week and we are scrambling to gather materials, canvass, recruit volunteers and place ads. My area includes 543 registered voters, most of them long country roads.

To avoid breaking household budget, I've decided to ask for help. More materials are needed and funds to help with fuel costs too. The district coordinator is looking into a PAC which is fine, but it will take time which we do not have.

Ohio is an important state having 88 delegates up for grabs in March 4 primary. These are winner take all by Congressional District, mine being #16. If you're maxed out or unable to help with ground work, please give generously! We are so grateful for your donation and THANK YOU for supporting RON PAUL 2008!

Time is short. Be the first to donate!
http://kathy4ronpaul.chipin.com/wooster-oh-area-volunteers-ron-paul-2008

DIGG!
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Wooster_Ohio_Area_Volunteers_Ron_Paul_2008

We are a group of volunteers supporting Ron Paul 2008 and not part of the official campaign.

ADDENDUM: For those who may have concern in donating to unknown people, that is why I included my Meet-up link above where I can be found, contacted and verified by district coordinator also listed there. Also, the ChipIn payment goes through PayPal where I am a verified member of good standing for at least five yrs or more.

UPDATE: Sunday, Feb. 17
With primary only 2 weeks away, it's looking like direct mail may be our best bet in getting these materials out to majority in my precinct. We have a shortage of feet to deliver these and price of gas to cover country miles is not good. Phone calls will begin in ernest this week and hope to further identify voters for Ron Paul and primarily target those most likely to chose him. None of this will not be possible for my precinct without your help.

All Constitution loving Americans who want to join the movement go to http://ronpaul.meetup.com/ enter your zip code and find a Ron Paul Meet-up near you. :D

mefleabyte
02-10-2008, 07:11 PM
go OHIO

pinkmandy
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Bump for you!

mefleabyte
02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
thank you! DIGG helps too!

kgiese
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Divert your income tax until Ron Paul wins!!!!!

tomcr
02-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Chris Rupe, OH Dist 2 coordinator, just got a lot of materials from the Alabama campaign. I'm a precinct leader, and have enough slimjims. Perhaps you might contact Chris at crupe@brushcreekcapital.com He's got a lot of stuff. Please tell him that Tom Crush of Brown County (another rural county in Ohio) referred you.

WilliamC
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Checking with other meetup groups in States whose primaries are over is the best way to get left-over materials.

Don't overlook the value of actually mailing materials to voters if you have a very rural precinct. Of course you need stamps but with only ~500 voters to cover that's only $200. I spent that much mailing letters to Iowa.

I've got ~1,500 voters in my precinct and so far I've got ~2/3rds of them covered. Still have a few weeks before the March 11th primary so I'll get there.

Time to start phone calling soon...

boondoggle
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm in Michigan . . . I have some left over flyers/packets of slim jims and foldy-info things if you're interested. I could send 'em, I s'pose.

mefleabyte
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for your work in Ohio.

I hope all help you--even with just a little.

I plan to also.

March 4 is primary there....go RP...Revolution.

doomer
02-10-2008, 07:48 PM
please contact gabe, the portage county coordinator. he has some stuff to share for cd17, which i believe you are in.

or , contact the 330 meetup group. we will hook you up.

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks so much! copy/paste and add to list! You all are the greatest!

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Checking with other meetup groups in States whose primaries are over is the best way to get left-over materials.

Don't overlook the value of actually mailing materials to voters if you have a very rural precinct. Of course you need stamps but with only ~500 voters to cover that's only $200. I spent that much mailing letters to Iowa.

I've got ~1,500 voters in my precinct and so far I've got ~2/3rds of them covered. Still have a few weeks before the March 11th primary so I'll get there.

Time to start phone calling soon...

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm considering doing the mailing as cost of postage to fuel will be close. The problem thus far is small, new meetup and overloaded leader. I have ad placed to hopefully boost our numbers and get more volunteers. Had to get copies on my own to have tubes stuffed, ready to go soon as feet are able. I've got enough now for about 250 and about $300 of own money in this. But....It's ALL WORTH IT! RON PAUL 2008!!

doomer
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
get with your local meetup, if you have not already.. I hear the wooster group is WAY motivated, crazy even, in a good way.

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
please contact gabe, the portage county coordinator. he has some stuff to share for cd17, which i believe you are in.

or , contact the 330 meetup group. we will hook you up.

copy/paste....on my growing list! THANK YOU!

Sey.Naci
02-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Consider ordering and using the Ron Paul Newspaper (http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com/). Word is, it has been effective in boosting votes.

Elle
02-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Does your local paper cover everyone in your district? Ads in the newspaper are usually cheap. I live in a rural area in northern Michigan and everyone reads the newspaper. Also check the Ron Paul Newspaper thread.

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm in Michigan . . . I have some left over flyers/packets of slim jims and foldy-info things if you're interested. I could send 'em, I s'pose.

That would be great! Email me Kathy4RonPaul at gmail.com and we can establish contact. Thank you so much!

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 08:26 PM
get with your local meetup, if you have not already.. I hear the wooster group is WAY motivated, crazy even, in a good way.

ha....Yes, if you read top of post I am member of Wooster bunch and they are very motivated but being new still small. An ad in tomorrow Daily Record will hopefully help that a bit :-)

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Consider ordering and using the Ron Paul Newspaper (http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com/). Word is, it has been effective in boosting votes.

YES....I sent this info to District Coordinator and they are seriously looking at it. Will be good use in largest city being Wooster! You've done excellent job on it and seems a hit everywhere!

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Does your local paper cover everyone in your district? Ads in the newspaper are usually cheap. I live in a rural area in northern Michigan and everyone reads the newspaper. Also check the Ron Paul Newspaper thread.

Thanks, and yes we're onto the Ron Paul Newspaper. Ads also being done but still nothing like the personal touch of delivering the message to as many as we can. I've got enough materials to stuff tubes for 250 so far. Will also be thinking about direct mail as price of fuel not much difference.

pinkmandy
02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
A good night bump for you! :)

mefleabyte
02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I gave $50.

You get immediate confirmation from PayPal...but it takes a while (30 min. or more) to show on the chip in.

GO...OHIO....Important State!!!!

Please help this volunteer...they are short on funds...doing their precinct with very little to work with....except boots...and determination...

KiwiMango
02-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I gave $50.

You get immediate confirmation from PayPal...but it takes a while (30 min. or more) to show on the chip in.

GO...OHIO....Important State!!!!

Please help this volunteer...they are short on funds...doing their precinct with very little to work with....except boots...and determination...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are a delegate in your town too! Congrats! and thanks for the donation!

Become a Delegate! Join local meetup and get busy! RON PAUL 2008!

KiwiMango
02-11-2008, 08:47 PM
bump

KiwiMango
02-17-2008, 07:05 PM
see UPDATE: Feb. 17

KiwiMango
02-17-2008, 07:43 PM
shameless bump!