PDA

View Full Version : My father's change...

Eisenh0wer
02-10-2008, 07:07 PM
My father is a life-long Republican (as is the rest of my family). He's a former Marine, currently a plumber, and he's active in politics. Unfortunately, he watches FoxNews, listens to Hannity and Limbaugh, but he has always had libertarian views when it comes to domestic and social issues. However, he's a strong supporter of the war in Iraq and believes the rest of the garbage about why we should stay.

When he found out I was supporting Ron Paul last year, he told me he doesn't have a chance in hell, and bet me that he wouldn't register 3% nationally. But as time went on, he softened up, saying he agreed with him on everything except the war. But now, he has grown very disenfranchised with the Republican party. With McCain in the forefront, he has canceled his membership and joined the Constitution party here in New York. He's reading "The Creature from Jekyll Island" and is watching "From Freedom to Fascism" and is really softened up to Ron Paul, even though I didn't exert much pressure on him to do so because I felt it was a wasted effort.

If my father is any indication of the die-hard Republicans, you can expect a lot of changes in the GOP in the coming years as the blowback from McCain's ascension continues to expand. If McCain does become the nominee, the GOP will fail miserably in November, ensuring Democratic chokehold on the government until the GOP gets it act together. My dad's theory is that the GOP wants to lose, thinking the Democrats will handle the country so poorly that we'll go running back to the GOP four years from now. I dunno, but I think if Ron Paul is the nominee, we won't have to worry about any of that.

theczar1776
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
i hope this is only the beginning.
the Revolution starts at home

WilliamC
02-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm imagining this scenario played out 10's of thousands of times across the USA as the reality of a McCain nomination starts to sink into the Conservative base of the Republican Party.

Mind you, I still think it would be ideal if Ron Paul could pull off the nomination, but short of that miracle I am wanting him to be there to pick up the pieces when McCain loses to Clinton/Obama come this November.

Ron Paul, if he isn't elected and becomes the Ronald Reagan of our era, will most certainly be the Barry Goldwater of our time.

His name will be the standard that Conservatives use 20 years from now in defining themselves.

JWZguy
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
He's reading "The Creature from Jekyll Island" and is watching "From Freedom to Fascism" and is really softened up to Ron Paul, even though I didn't exert much pressure on him to do so because I felt it was a wasted effort.

Everyone who hasn't read this needs to get a copy.

ShowMeLiberty
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm imagining this scenario played out 10's of thousands of times across the USA as the reality of a McCain nomination starts to sink into the Conservative base of the Republican Party.

Mind you, I still think it would be ideal if Ron Paul could pull off the nomination, but short of that miracle I am wanting him to be there to pick up the pieces when McCain loses to Clinton/Obama come this November.

Ron Paul, if he isn't elected and becomes the Ronald Reagan of our era, will most certainly be the Barry Goldwater of our time.

His name will be the standard that Conservatives use 20 years from now in defining themselves.

*applause*
+10's of thousands!

Carole
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
He may not know it, but Dr. Ron Paul will be a legend for Liberty, Freedom, Peace, and Individual rights of all mankind. His legacy is already made no matter what may come in the future. :) He will be remembered also for his sound money and fiscal economic policies.

kgiese
02-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow, Go veterans. Dropping a $100k bomb on a crappy building with a hole for a toilet. We sure showed them. Lets spend billions on a warship that can have a 40 foot hole ripped in the side by a rubber raft full of explosives. The military leaders are so archaic. You may want to have Pops read "Elements of War". They still use this crap and it was written in 1811.

The NEO CONS have cast the die. America is lost. You are a wage slave. Shut up, and go away. Global Banks own America, NOT YOU. So shut up and go away. Please forward your income tax to PO BOX., but don't use a PO BOX???? WTF

FreeTraveler
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Howard Dean never made it to President, but he's now head of the Democrat Party, isn't he?

...just sayin'...

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
step by step, spread the message, stay the course, and reap freedom

WilliamC
02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Howard Dean never made it to President, but he's now head of the Democrat Party, isn't he?

...just sayin'...

Wouldn't that be a total victory!

McCain loses, Ron Paul wins his Congressional seat, the Republican Party is in chaos and hemorrhaging members, so in a last act of desperation they turn to...

Ron Paul as the new head of the GOP.

That would be a victory worthy of the rEVOLution!