PDA

View Full Version : Report from Lake Jackson rally!

annamoo
02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry if people have already written about it, but here is what I saw:

Peden had his thing in the same building at the same time. RP's room overflowed, so he had to speak again outside briefly. Then there was a photo op and people stuck around for a long time. People came from as far away as DALLAS and DENTON, they chartered buses and drove all the way down to the district. That alone amazes me!!!

Peden had about 100 people (MAX, could have been less) in a room. They were mostly older people and young kids. The young adult crowd did not seem to be present when I peeked in the tinted window. Young adults were all over the RP rally, as were older people and kids, men and women, etc as usual. Peden's room had a huge window that took up one whole wall and looked onto the steps and plaza where the RP people were doing a photo op and hanging out. There is NO WAY they missed out on the RP revolution and crowds. They saw.

Supporters from far away were allowed to line up and have priority taking pics, I am from the district and have already met Ron, so peeps like me hung back and everyone else lined up. It was really really nice, the Pauls were there, and RP shook everyone's hand who wanted to meet him.

Everyone was polite, enthusiastic and well behaved, as they always are. RP supporters are really a wonderful group!!

I got lost on my way to the convention center and was tooling along some back country roads. At every major intersection there were collections of large RP signs. And I am also pleased to report that on lawns and at the entrances to farms in the middle of the sticks, there were also HUGE signs every couple of properties!! I saw 2 Peden signs at intersections next to RP signs.

This won't be an easy fight to win over Peden, I don't want anyone to get cocky, phone calls must be made, donate, etc. But I think we can win. RP is beloved here. And this is what you could call farm country in Texas, with people you might think would be typically pro-war. Lots of Harleys out today, HUGE trucks the size of the Titanic, and RP signs. I honestly don't see this as a contradiction.

If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere. :)

Agora
02-10-2008, 06:35 PM
I was able to watch for a short time, but he said: It's not over, until is over + McC critique, and usual stuff:)...

All his family around and big crowd...
GOOD! ;)

TruckinMike
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
here are some pics of the event.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1238345#post1238345

TMike

Smiley Gladhands
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Does anyone have the exact Chris Peden quote that Ron threw out? That was hilarious! :D

RonPaulFanInGA
02-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Starting to slack. Yesterday ronpaulforcongress.com got nearly 800 donations and over 60,000 dollars in 24 hours. With about five hours to go today, it's currently at 162 donations and $10,154.63 raised.

http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/

RedLightning
02-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I wish I went, I live up in Denton I heard about the rally to late to be able to make a plan and get there.