PDA

View Full Version : The Continuing Importance of Mitt Romney

Carole
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
The Continuing Importance of Mitt Romney

Everyone please listen up.

I believe Mitt Romney is a very bright business man. Right now, by suspending his campaign, he is still able to collect funds and to acquire delegates.

Please be certain that he is very definitely still actively trying to attain more delegates at these caucuses. He is going under the radar and avoiding spending tons of money on ads and active campaigning. Recall that he announced to his delegates that they are still committed to him all the way to the convention. So he is not really out by any means. He already has enough to push McCain over the edge, just as Huckabee does.

This is very similar to what Dr. Paul is doing. Now more than ever it is important to keep gathering delegates and work the caucuses to the best advantage, just as it always is.

Do not take anyone in the race for granted. Huckabee will gather more delegates perhaps, but having been asked to withdraw by Perry of Texas, and refusing to do so, he likely feels he will not be the VP selection. Now he is going to try to win I am convinced. Romney however, by pulling out could be the VP pick.

Romney, by pulling out avoids exhausting his personal wealth, yet still is working to acquire delegates.

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 06:27 PM
yep, I agree, I made a blog post about this

http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com/2008/02/109-romney-suspends-his-campaign.html

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
My guess is that Romney was offered the VP to pull out.

He looked far too happy at his farewell speech.

And talked a little too much about war, more than usual.

Sounding more like Lieberman-Mccain than Romney.

He doesn't need delegates for the VP position.

And, with him in that slot, they might think it will calm down the intractable conservatives.

Huckabee I can't figure out. He's looking more and more like a loose cannon.

heartless
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
That makes sense why Huckabee is still campaigning even though he has done well enough for "the self-proclaimed" frontrunner to possibly consider as a running mate.

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
If we're guessing that Romney was offered the VP, maybe Huck is, too, and is now trying to prove himself or buy his way in with wins.

But they've already given him his marching orders--please leave.

I hardly think he will ingratiate himself more by ignoring them.

So it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Huck might end up our friend if they dump him at the convention.

bcreps85
02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
The good thing is many of his supporters won't know this stuff. I can't help but think that RP should offer Romney a position in exchange for backing...as much as I hate the guy.

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Romney is a good businessman.

But he would have to change his stance on foreign policy to be with us.

Which he might be happy to do if he saw it as a good business opportunity.

JordanQ72
02-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Please be certain that he is very definitely still actively trying to attain more delegates at these caucuses.

So far, that smooth plan has netted him 0 delegates. And it looks like he's going to net another 0 this Tuesday.

Carole
02-11-2008, 01:15 PM
But if the race gets tighter as Huckabee get lucky (with our help) and wins in Virginia, Maryland, DC, then McCain could be denied.

Only then do Romney's delegates become crucial.

Efforts currently under way to try and thwart McInSane today in these states and DC.

Ron Paul Fan
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
McCain's running mate won't be Huckabee or Romney. McCain absolutely despises Romney and you're overlooking that very important fact. Huckabee is too devisive. He'd probably turn away some independents towards Obama who would normally be attracted to McCain with his "Change the Constitution to be in God's standards" and all that religious crap.

Akus
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
The Continuing Importance of Mitt Romney

Everyone please listen up.

I believe Mitt Romney is a very bright business man. Right now, by suspending his campaign, he is still able to collect funds and to acquire delegates.

Please be certain that he is very definitely still actively trying to attain more delegates at these caucuses. He is going under the radar and avoiding spending tons of money on ads and active campaigning. Recall that he announced to his delegates that they are still committed to him all the way to the convention. So he is not really out by any means. He already has enough to push McCain over the edge, just as Huckabee does.

This is very similar to what Dr. Paul is doing. Now more than ever it is important to keep gathering delegates and work the caucuses to the best advantage, just as it always is.

Do not take anyone in the race for granted. Huckabee will gather more delegates perhaps, but having been asked to withdraw by Perry of Texas, and refusing to do so, he likely feels he will not be the VP selection. Now he is going to try to win I am convinced. Romney however, by pulling out could be the VP pick.

Romney, by pulling out avoids exhausting his personal wealth, yet still is working to acquire delegates.
what can you say to someone to make them not take Ron Paul for granted?

ambiguousscion
02-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Romney has not given up, but the rest is speculation. He will save his delegates for a play in the convention if it happens, nothing else.