PDA

View Full Version : New Florida poll

Bradley in DC
05-24-2007, 02:42 PM
A new Florida poll puts Dr. Paul at 2.1%, tied with Brownback for 5th place among declared candidates (Fred did better).

Rudi Giuliani 27
Fred Thompson 22.4
Mitt Romney 17.6
John McCain 11.9
Mike Huckabee 3.1
Ron Paul 2.1
Sam Brownback 2.1
Duncan Hunter 1.6
Tommy Thompson 1.5
Tom Tancredo 1.3
Jim Gilmore 0.3
Other 5.8
Undecided 3.3

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/RCP_PDF/Florida%20Rep%20PrimaryMay23.pdf

mdh
05-24-2007, 02:51 PM
How are we being beat by Huckabee?

Giuliani's lead will go away once the attack ads start and people realize that "America's 9/11 Mayor" treated the fallen firefighters bodies like trash by ordering them dumped in a landfill.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Watch. We'll find out that the poll was biased somehow.

mdh
05-24-2007, 02:54 PM
I dunno, looks about right except for Huckabee. Brownback really pulls in the biblical-literalist theocrat vote, and there're parts of Florida that are pretty bible belt.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Look ! over 50% receive most of their political information from televsion in this poll, this weighs heavily against Ron Paul. I saw Huckabee on FNC MANY times!

enjoy
05-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey guys, Floridian here. I'm currently in the Pensacola area, but traveling between Pensacola, Panama City and Tallahassee on a regular basis. I'm working on a short pamphlet explaining clearly the views of Ron Paul and the traditional views of the GOP, as well as a short (30 min) documentary outlining the same ideas and also articulating why neoconservatism is dangerous and anti-American. I work at a local video store which probably close to three hundred people frequent a day, so when I finish my RP documentary, I'm going to play it in-store (my manager's formerly TX district 14, woo) as often as I can.

I've got three roommates back in Tallahassee who've agreed to take home and distribute pamphlets (their homes being Orlando, Tampa and Miami, respectively) and in the fall I'm going to register with FSU's RSO service to create a group called Noles for Ron Paul. We've got a growing ancap/market anarchist following at FSU and we'd gladly hold rallies on campus and up the road at the state capitol to get the word out around Tallahassee before the Jan. 29 primary.

Any more ideas?

CurtisLow
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Welcome enjoy!
Glad to have you on board! I'm a ex-Floridian (Ft. Laud.) now living in PA.

Looks like your off to a great start! Woot!