PDA

View Full Version : Call to arms against the enemy within.

Thanehand
02-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I posted this originally in another thread that I hope gets deleted. Anyway ...

I am growing angry at all the FUD (Fear Uncertainty, Doubt), demoralizing, defeatist messages being posted here.

Regardless of intent, ALL of these defeatist posts stating "I'm giving up", instigating a 3rd-party run, whining about the campaign, or fueling the falsehood that Ron has dropped out serve nothing other than to undermine us from within.

No, this is not a conspiracy theory -- there ARE active anti-Paul individuals out there purposefully trying to spread these FUD messages in the hopes it will harm the movement.

In my opinion, administrators of this forum, if they care about what we have achieved and still have yet to achieve, should immediately begin deleting any threads that are of a defeatist or FUD manner. Perhaps we should begin flagging/reporting all similar threads with "FUD" to help them in this task.

Yeah, I'm anticipating that I'll catch some flack for this post, but before you whine about the first amendment... I agree that you have freedom of speech, but that does NOT mean that someone else has to provide a soapbox for your speech! Anyone here is perfectly able to go and set up their own blog or forum to discuss how you're giving up or whining about the campaign.

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
so we should take adavantage of the homegrow terrorism act is what your saying? :P

people just need to remember what this is about, and stop faltering

Mystile
02-10-2008, 05:42 PM
naw, the serious supporters can avoid these threads pretty easily.

FreeTraveler
02-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Better if we just learn to ignore them, so that they fall off the list quickly.

Any fishermen here? Trolling is no fun if you get no bites. You give up sooner or later. :D

kgiese
What do you think?

Thanehand
so we should take adavantage of the homegrow terrorism act is what your saying? :P

people just need to remember what this is about, and stop faltering

lol

As long as these posts continue, the faltering will continue and people outside the forums will be exposed to them thanks to Google, Digg, whatever.

Thanehand
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
What do you think?

Apparently you didn't even READ my post.

Thanehand
02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Better if we just learn to ignore them, so that they fall off the list quickly.

Any fishermen here? Trolling is no fun if you get no bites. You give up sooner or later. :D

But they won't be ignored. The trolls will bite at the trolls (they already are). And when the media starts reporting that "Ron Paul supporters are giving up the fight" because they see the threads here, what will we do then?

gaazn
02-10-2008, 05:47 PM
isn't having a thought police against everything we believe in?

Myerz
At some you need to ask yourself does all the negativity really benefit us? If it doesn't then like a virus you need to get rid of it!

nightlight
I voted Yes, but that depends what "remivoing" means. Instead of deleting them, we need a crybaby section and all such thread should be moved there. A crybaby icon would show up at the top of each thread in this section.

http://la.indymedia.org/uploads/2006/05/crybaby.jpgmid.jpg

Thanehand
02-10-2008, 05:48 PM
isn't having a thought police against everything we believe in?

This has nothing to do with stopping people's thoughts. They are free to think whatever they want. And they are free to go post them on their own forum.

Thanehand
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I voted Yes, but that depends what "remivoing" means. Instead of deleting them, we need a crybaby section and all such thread should be moved there. A crybaby icon would show up at the top of each thread in this section.

Agreed! This is an excellent idea. How do we get the moderators to initiate one? I wish I could change my poll to have a third option "No, move them to a crybaby forum"

ShowMeLiberty
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I have no problem with constructive criticism or honest questions but threads that are nothing but defeatist need to be removed. They are useless trash that clutters up the space.

There is still a lot to be done for Dr. Paul's presidential campaign, his Congressional campaign, and for local elections that will be taking place in November. We need to be able to focus and help each other move forward. There is no time for whiners in a revolution.

Edit: I'd support a crybaby section if it is only visible to logged in members like Hot Topics.

yongrel
02-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I want the mods coming down with an iron fist. The trolling is getting ridiculous.

BUT it's not on their shoulders alone. We all need to help them out by flagging posts that are trollish.

It's this little button in the top right.http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif

Help the mods fight the trolls.

mtmedlin
02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I advocate us helping Ron and getting someone to run third party (Judge Andrew Napolitano). Does this, in your opinion make me a defeatest?

JWZguy
02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I want the mods coming down with an iron fist. The trolling is getting ridiculous.

BUT it's not on their shoulders alone. We all need to help them out by flagging posts that are trollish.

It's this little button in the top right.http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif

Help the mods fight the trolls.

This!

gaazn
02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
This has nothing to do with stopping people's thoughts. They are free to think whatever they want. And they are free to go post them on their own forum.

Agree. The MSM should be able to invite whoever they want to debate. Should be able to mislead by not including some candidates in the results. Should be able to decide who they want to cover in the news. It is private property but is it the right thing to do?

Thanehand
02-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Agree. The MSM should be able to invite whoever they want to debate. Should be able to mislead by not including some candidates in the results. Should be able to decide who they want to cover in the news. It is private property but is it the right thing to do?

In a free-market/competition environment yes, they should be able to do what they are doing. A few of us would start up our own television network to compete by presenting the real story.

The problem is that the broadcast arena is NOT a free market and a SERIOUS financial outlay is required to even begin to compete.

On the internet, you can go setup a blog and advertise it for free to thousands, if not millions, within a couple of hours, for free.

nodope0695
02-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Removed? No. Moved? Yes. Perhaps Admin can create the "I give up" forum, or the "I'm a Troll" forum. Perhaps we can have the Sulking Forum or the Brooding Forum.

How about a Flame Forum! A free-for-all death match of flaming and trolling. Anything goes, take no prisoners.

adara7537
02-11-2008, 12:47 AM
I agree with whomever said (I am to lazy right now to quote it) that the true supporters aren't going to be bothered with it. Misinformation is another story though.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 12:49 AM
But they won't be ignored. The trolls will bite at the trolls (they already are). And when the media starts reporting that "Ron Paul supporters are giving up the fight" because they see the threads here, what will we do then?

I don't believe in ignoring them. I think wading into them with a battle ax of sarcasm and sharp tongued ridculing wit does alot of good for the morale of the real supporters here. i will continue to do so when i get a good whff of trollbait.

Best Regards
Randy

Thanehand
02-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I agree with whomever said (I am to lazy right now to quote it) that the true supporters aren't going to be bothered with it. Misinformation is another story though.

I'm not worried about the true supporters. I'm worried about:

* those less inclined to stick to their guns at the first sign of defeat (we need everyone we can get)

* anyone who might stumble here to see what's going on, such as:
- main stream media
- anti-Paul people looking for an excuse to link
- people curious about Paul who might be convinced but turned away by FUD

mexicanpizza
02-11-2008, 12:50 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif

Use it liberally. ( ;) )

damoncrowe
02-11-2008, 12:51 AM

media? where? The media is going to report what they want true or not. Don't give em ammo, but I think deleting posts gets kinda Gustavo.

Revolution9
02-11-2008, 12:53 AM
I advocate us helping Ron and getting someone to run third party (Judge Andrew Napolitano). Does this, in your opinion make me a defeatest?

No..it makes you part of the Libertarian Party cabal that saboptaged us with the email and then followed up with an email to us requesting we move over to their camp now that Ron was done. Ron s a Republican.. Not a third party candidate. There is no national brick and mortar infrastructure for a thrid party. just a bunch of folks in houses with hotspots of support and vast swaths where none could give a hoot nor a holler about any third party.

Randy

pacelli
02-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Just make a sub forum and aggressively move all threads to that sub forum.

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 01:00 AM
"I'm Quiting" threads or spreading false information is one thing. but a supporter has every right to legitimately question the campaign or provide constructive suggestions to help the movement.

I agree that sometimes it is done in a way that is counterproductive to the current tasks we have before us.

Personally, I'd like to see the threads that say "He's lost, live with it, move on". These are people that clearly are no longer supporters because any TRUE supporter of this message (NOT JUST OF RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT) would realize that there IS NO giving up, regardless of the odds; regardless of the polls; regardless of the outcome of this election.

Anyone who believes that this was just about getting Ron Paul elected as President must have never actually listened to or understood Ron Paul or his goals.

Ex Post Facto
02-11-2008, 01:02 AM
I do everything I can to not respond to those type of threads. Let them be buried.

nodope0695
02-11-2008, 01:03 AM
"I'm Quiting" threads or spreading false information is one thing. but a supporter has every right to legitimately question the campaign or provide constructive suggestions to help the movement.

I agree that sometimes it is done in a way that is counterproductive to the current tasks we have before us.

Personally, I'd like to see the threads that say "He's lost, live with it, move on". These are people that clearly are no longer supporters because any TRUE supporter of this message (NOT JUST OF RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT) would realize that there IS NO giving up, regardless of the odds; regardless of the polls; regardless of the outcome of this election.

Anyone who believes that this was just about getting Ron Paul elected as President must have never actually listened to or understood Ron Paul or his goals.

Agreed. I am one who will not apologize for critisizing the campaign's management. Ron's campaign manager, his legal councel, and his marketing department screwed the pooch big time.

slinkymaster2
02-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Nice, 70% of you would like to censor people. i think you people need to reevaluate the "enemy within". Sounds more like Bush tactics and hiring all the yes men and firing all the dissenters. "WAH, we dont like his opinion, make him go away" Which is pretty much what the msm has done to us, we can pass that torch and do it to ourselves.

Ex Post Facto
02-11-2008, 01:16 AM
I voted "Yes." Not to sensor, though. I think they should have a right to voice opposition. But, the moderators should make a section for it. If you want to read about anti-paul statements then you can go to that section. Otherwise it becomes a heated topic with one guy posting something negative about paul and 50 others chiming in, in opposition of the OP.

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I voted "Yes." Not to sensor, though. I think they should have a right to voice opposition. But, the moderators should make a section for it. If you want to read about anti-paul statements then you can go to that section. Otherwise it becomes a heated topic with one guy posting something negative about paul and 50 others chiming in, in opposition of the OP.

if my eyes don't deceive me, I think that sounds like the description of a Troll. :D

silverhandorder
02-11-2008, 01:21 AM
I voted no, just to allow reasonable dissent. Obvious threads that do not help the effort should be removed.

amonasro
02-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Nice, 70% of you would like to censor people. i think you people need to reevaluate the "enemy within". Sounds more like Bush tactics and hiring all the yes men and firing all the dissenters. "WAH, we dont like his opinion, make him go away" Which is pretty much what the msm has done to us, we can pass that torch and do it to ourselves.

Censor? This forum is private property and the owners can censor whoever they want based on clearly defined rules. I agree the trolling has gotten ridiculously out of hand. The obvious ones should be deleted as a clear violation of forum rules, the not-so-obvious ones need to be moved to an unpopular subforum where they will not be replied to.

The problem with ignoring or merely reporting posts is that trolls often work in groups keeping topics bumped. Before you know it, the thread is multi-page with lots of arguing and all bets are off.

The subforum could be called "concerns/doubts about the Official Campaign" and the trolls could hang out there.