PDA

View Full Version : what would happen if McCain got the nomination BUT...

affa
02-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok, so say McCain gets all the bound delegates he needs and the convention is not going to be brokered.

And then a scandal hits him so hard that it's blatantly obvious he can not survive a general election. I'm talking, laughingstock status.

Does the GOP just roll with him anyway?

drpiotrowski
02-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah

RPTXState
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
What are you implying?

And yeah...they'll roll with him off the edge of a cliff

Anthony T
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Democrat victory

DAFTEK
02-10-2008, 05:41 PM
The GOP can kiss my Republican registration goodbye after the elections, i am going Indy after this, more and more people i know have been doing it. This is not the Republican party i once knew. If McCain is the only one standing i know for a fact that he stands no chance against Obama, GOP is a laughing stock....

nate895
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
The GOP can kiss my Republican registration goodbye after the elections, i am going Indy after this, more and more people i know have been doing it. This is not the Republican party i once knew. If McCain is the only one standing i know for a fact that he stands no chance against Obama, GOP is a laughing stock....

What if we run another candidate in 2012 for the nomination? Please come back and help.

Pauliana
02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
There is a silver lining.

The economic collapse is mathematically inevitable. No mater what anyone does. I don't think President Paul could fix the tsunami of a century of bad economic policy is bringing on.

But by the time it hits, the new president will take the blame in the minds of the general population.

President Paul could not save us.

But the coming years will make him a prophet, not a perpetrator.

Brace for it. It won't be pretty.

ShowMeLiberty
02-10-2008, 05:54 PM

The economic collapse is mathematically inevitable. No mater what anyone does. I don't think President Paul could fix the tsunami of a century of bad economic policy is bringing on.

But by the time it hits, the new president will take the blame in the minds of the general population.

QFT

And if Pauliana is saying this, I really need to stop trying to deny the inevitability and seriously prepare as much as possible.

affa
02-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Ok, just to clear up my initial question-

I am talking about between now and the convention. Not after.

JeNNiF00F00
02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
QFT

And if Pauliana is saying this, I really need to stop trying to deny the inevitability and seriously prepare as much as possible.

This may be a stupid question but what do we need to do in order to prepare? Is there a thread on this?

Pauliana
02-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Pay off all the debts you can - especially credit cards and anything with an interest rate that can be jacked up.

Own as much gold (real money) as you can get your hands on.

Get to know local food growers. Plant a garden and learn how to feed yourself.

Think Great Depression. How would you have prepared for that?

JeNNiF00F00
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Pay off all the debts you can - especially credit cards and anything with an interest rate that can be jacked up.

Own as much gold (real money) as you can get your hands on.

Get to know local food growers. Plant a garden and learn how to feed yourself.

Think Great Depression. How would you have prepared for that?

Great. Im already looking at debt up to my ears thanks to college. Trying to get those paid down now.

How much time do you think we have?

No1ButPaul08
02-11-2008, 02:01 AM
McCain would release all of his delegates if the scandal were serious enough. This is our absolute best case scenario.

Liberté
02-11-2008, 03:19 AM

Here is another example of a person that does not know Ron Paul's position. Dr. Paul clearly believes he could have fixed the economy in a couple of years. He has said so many times. An economic collapse may or may not occur, we just don't know. There is always someone predicting an ecoomic crash, the entire world is on a fiat money system now... even Dr. Paul never proposed going back to a gold standard.

jlaker
02-11-2008, 03:44 AM
McCain would release all of his delegates if the scandal were serious enough. This is our absolute best case scenario.

Or a fatal heartattack.:D

billyjoeallen
02-11-2008, 03:53 AM
This may be a stupid question but what do we need to do in order to prepare? Is there a thread on this?

yes.

BTW, we are fighting for the # 2 spot because McCain is not healthy and he could be medically disqualified, leaving the race to the runner up. Huck must go down. We don't need a televangelist to get in the way.

TastyWheat
02-11-2008, 09:33 AM
McCain's practically at "laughing stock" status. Short of a serious infraction he'll stay the nominee. They don't care about winning anymore. Ron Paul is the obvious choice when the people are aching to get a REAL conservative in the White House. I'm still really disappointed that, for the good of the nation and the party, they won't show any support for Ron Paul because they'd pretty much have to admit to their bias.

Captain America
02-11-2008, 09:40 AM
split the party