PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Straw Poll on CNN

gravesdav
08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
They were talking about it with a guy in Ames. He said its 100 degrees there (Romney will need to pay more to buy votes). They were saying Romney pretty has the thing won. But the battle is one for second between Tommy "Tom" Thompson, Brownback, and Huck. They also said look for suprises like Ron Paul converting his internet support, and Tancredo for his hard line on immigration.
I am not in Iowa, but Huckabee has probally the second biggest expectations. I don't think he's doing so much more work than the others. The media loves him, but he never lives up to the hype.
I'm glad their pushing the straw poll, I am going to watch Hardball and Tucker for more info. Maybe they'll have Pat Buchanan's analysis.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Tommy Thompson for second? LOL

Akus
08-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope Ron is adequately cooled. The last thing we need is for our guy to get a heat stroke, he isn't exactly young.

Green Mountain Boy
08-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope Ron is adequately cooled. The last thing we need is for our guy to get a heat stroke, he isn't exactly young.

Ron Paul doesn't get hot. The air gets Ron Pauled.

nayjevin
08-10-2007, 03:13 PM

ROFL nice.

ScotTX
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Ron Paul's body converts heat into Liberty.

BLS
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM

:D

When Ron Paul was born, HE slapped the doctor.

Eli
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Ron Paul voted no to the heat stroke bill because it was violating his constitutional right to be the coolest candidate.

Akus
08-10-2007, 03:23 PM

I am not amused. Imagine if he keels over in the heat, trying to campaign.:(

Give me liberty
08-10-2007, 03:27 PM
The Straw Poll hasnt even started yet :/

Green Mountain Boy
08-10-2007, 03:29 PM

I'm sure Ron will be fine. He has the best people looking out for him and he is in superb health for his age.

CodeMonkey
08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
If everyone expects Romney to win anyway, maybe fewer people will show up to vote for him.

Green Mountain Boy
08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
With the extreme heat, the only real problem I can foresee is Mitt Romney's hair being involved in a freak grease fire.

BLS
08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
With the extreme heat, the only real problem I can foresee is Mitt Romney's hair being involved in a freak grease fire.

Well, now I know what to pray for tonight before bed. :cool:

Ninja Homer
08-10-2007, 03:44 PM

He's a medical doctor. I think he can handle himself in the heat.

angelatc
08-10-2007, 03:50 PM

He's a doctor. Three of his kids are doctors. There's only so many things we can worry about.

Richie
08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
He's a doctor! He'll know when he's pushing it and when to take a break. He's not dumb.

jjschless
08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I am not amused. Imagine if he keels over in the heat, trying to campaign.:(....

....I hope Ron is adequately cooled. The last thing we need is for our guy to get a heat stroke, he isn't exactly young.
:eek:
WOW yet another negative, doubt inducing post from Akus. I'm seeing a trend.

Here is a point to ponder: I believe the message of Liberty, Peace and the Constitution to be far more powerful than any amount of DOUBT you can peddle. :p

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 05:13 PM
:eek:
WOW yet another negative, doubt inducing post from Akus. I'm seeing a trend.

Here is a point to ponder: I believe the message of Liberty, Peace and the Constitution to be far more powerful than any amount of DOUBT you can peddle. :p

Well, there could be a giant meteor on an impact course headed to Iowa...

Or maybe an alien incursion, Pentagon computer starting a nuclear war, a freak tornado, mad cow stampede or an invasion of children of the corn.

There's so much to worry about! :eek:

Malachi! :eek:

Slugg
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Ron Paul voted no to the heat stroke bill because it was violating his constitutional right to be the coolest candidate.

I almost liberated some urine on this one!!!! ROFL!!

jjschless
08-10-2007, 05:22 PM
...mad cow stampede...

:o
well you got me there.... I saw that South Park episode and cows can act rather strange....

akalucas
08-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Hers a quote from Pauls bio "I try to ride as many as 10-15 miles a day when time permits". I think the exercise will help him survive the heat and plus he looks like he sweats a lot in the heat which is a healthy sign the body is cooling off. I'ts the people that donet sweat enough in the heat the ones that have trouble. As long as he drinks water he will be fine.

ShaneC
08-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Hers a quote from Pauls bio "I try to ride as many as 10-15 miles a day when time permits". I think the exercise will help him survive the heat and plus he looks like he sweats a lot in the heat which is a healthy sign the body is cooling off. I'ts the people that donet sweat enough in the heat the ones that have trouble. As long as he drinks water he will be fine.

Proof that Ron Paul could whip any of the other candidates in a figh....er...debate!

The man's in better health than me anyway.