PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for you naysayers!

Paulitical Correctness
02-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Due to the recent massive influx of "I quit", "Third party this", "Third party that", and the other assorted medley of negative threads, I'm curious...

You want to quit, k...that's your right and your decision to make (For future reference, leave quietly - this isn't a soap opera, no need for a dramatic, over the top exit).

What next?

You've given up on Ron, aren't pleased with the way things have gone ( Who said this would be easy? :confused:), and simply feel that staying in this fight is draining you.

I get it, I guess...

But tell me, what next?

Where do you go now? If you've been in this fight up until now and are ready to quit, I question your ability to grasp the message behind the fight. Why were you here to begin with if you're simply going to bail at the most critical of times?

Tell me, if not Ron Paul then who?

If not this message, then which one?

Steve_New_Jersey
02-10-2008, 05:17 PM
We all know there is no place to go from here. That is why even my over worked ass is still around :) If things dont pick up ill just start busting Rand's balls and see if we cant get him into politics a bit more.

IPSecure
02-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Just say nay to the naysayers I say!

Ron Paul Fan
02-10-2008, 05:18 PM
You can say that the Presidential bid is pretty much a lost cost and still support and spread the message. You can support his Congressional bid and others running for Congress under Ron Paul's platform. Just because one does not believe that Ron Paul will become President doesn't mean that they still can't be a part of the movement. The Alaska sticky at the top has some good things about how we can change things locally.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-10-2008, 05:20 PM
We all know there is no place to go from here. That is why even my over worked ass is still around :) If things dont pick up ill just start busting Rand's balls and see if we cant get him into politics a bit more.

Not too long ago, two friends of mine were talking to a Cuban refugee, a businessman who had escaped from Castro, and in the midst of his story one of my friends turned to the other and said, "We don't know how lucky we are." And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are? I had someplace to escape to." And in that sentence he told us the entire story. If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

And this idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except the sovereign people, is still the newest and the most unique idea in all the long history of man's relation to man.

This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves.

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down -- [up] man's old -- old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course.

Ronald Reagan in 1964, A Time for Choosing. (http://www.millercenter.virginia.edu/scripps/digitalarchive/speeches/spe_1964_1027_reagan)

amistybleu
02-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Most naysayers are going to be those people that posted endlessly and did little else. myself for one, invested countless hours canvassing, calling, converting, and most recently caucusing with victories all the way.

I hope I get my ass to that National Convention because I have things to say to a failing Party and some more converting to do.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I hope I get my ass to that National Convention because I have things to say to a failing Party and some more converting to do.

Can I send a few of mine too? Assuming I don't get there myself.

amistybleu
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Can I send a few of mine too? Assuming I don't get there myself.

Yes, I will take your asses to the convention as well.:)