PDA

View Full Version : Voting Libertarian Party if Dr. Paul isn't the GOP Nominee

Michael Landon
02-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I really think there needs to be a PLAN B in case Dr. Paul doesn't get the nomination. If everyone voted for the Libertarian Party candidate in the general election, MAYBE that candidate could get enough of a percentage to allow future Libertarians into the General Election Debates. I seriously think we should rally together for a single 3rd party candidate to help further the cause, if not the Libertarian candidate then how about the Constitution Party candidate?

Thoughts?

- ML

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I probably will end up doing so, but here's the thing

1)many people int he grassroots don't usally vote, so not Ron Pau, they just won't vote

2)many people are loyal to the republicn party, which is fine, but I'd still recommend that they do not vote for whoever the nominee is unless it's ROn Paul, I won't, though I plan to stay with the GOP currently

3) many people here are democrts who support Ron paul, no RP means they will vote for Obama.

basically, No Ron Paul, we won't unify under any other candidate, that's the reality of it.

BUT, we can still unite to get people into congress and the senate, and promote the hell out or Ron Pauls new book

mtmedlin
02-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I have said this on many threads but I think we can hold it together if we can get someone that Ron has mentioned before. Judge Andrew Napolitano would get Rons endorsement and we can rally a 3rd party run behind him. There isnt a single issure that I have seen that they disagree on and the Judge is a better public speaker and MUCH younger. He make multiple shots at the presidency if need. CNN all day ahs been talking about the NEED for a 3rd party run and how upset so many voters are because of the two "presumptive nominees"

JDouglasFisher
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Getting behind guys like Murray Sabrin and Jim Forsythe is the "PLAN B"...

Michael Landon
02-11-2008, 10:39 AM
"Recruit Judge Andrew Napolitano for the Libertarian Party!"

Sounds good to me.

me3
02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
So the plan is to just vote Libertarian, regardless of who the nominee is?

Isn't this exactly the kind of partisan BS we are supposed to be fighting to overcome?

I'm going to keep working to change the GOP. If not this cycle, in 4 years, we might be able to take the whole damn thing over.

From what I have seen, the LP is more concerned with bickering between Libertarians, than challenging the Republicans and Democrats. Until the party is mature enough to take on the big boys, voting for it as a block is pointless. I would rather go CP than LP.

aravoth
02-11-2008, 10:52 AM

Isn't this exactly the kind of partisan BS we are supposed to be fighting to overcome?

I'm going to keep working to change the GOP. If not this cycle, in 4 years, we might be able to take the whole damn thing over.

From what I have seen, the LP is more concerned with bickering between Libertarians, than challenging the Republicans and Democrats. Until the party is mature enough to take on the big boys, voting for it as a block is pointless. I would rather go CP than LP.

Yeah, I'm going to write Ron Paul in, even if he doesn't get the nod he has a better chance than any of the LP canidates. I can't vote for Obama, the guy is clueless on economics, absolutly clueless. He keeps saying "I'll raise the minimum wage every year to keep up with inflation". I am not even going to explain what is wrong with statement, becuase if you don't get it, then Obama is your man. Won't vote for McCain. That guy is clueless all around. And Huckabee likes to pardon violent sex offenders who get thier freedom, and then go kill people.

What a crop we have.

I'll Vote for Ron Paul, if nothing else I'll vote for him becuase I don't want to feel like I have to take a shower after I vote.

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 10:54 AM

you can always stay republican and vote libertarian;) thats is my plan,well my plan is to write in ron paul then after general election, try to help the republican party with ron pauls message,but i have no intention of voting republican in general unless its RON PAUL, who is to blame?? THE GOP, thank the gop;)

THE GOP(drug addicts) are clueless to their problem,maybe after they lose the general election they might comeout of denial.. We have their drug ,its RON PAULS MESSAGE, the gop is in denial ,let them fall to the bottom,thenb we can help them,but the gop is like a drug addict they dont need help until they have hit rock bottom, they are going to hit rock bottom very fast in the election, lets help them hit rock bottom,they are doing a fine job all by themselves,im ready to help;)

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I'm going to write Ron Paul in, even if he doesn't get the nod he has a better chance than any of the LP canidates. I can't vote for Obama, the guy is clueless on economics, absolutly clueless. He keeps saying "I'll raise the minimum wage every year to keep up with inflation". I am not even going to explain what is wrong with statement, becuase if you don't get it, then Obama is your man. Won't vote for McCain. That guy is clueless all around. And Huckabee likes to pardon violent sex offenders who get thier freedom, and then go kill people.

What a crop we have.

I'll Vote for Ron Paul, if nothing else I'll vote for him becuase I don't want to feel like I have to take a shower after I vote.

yep;) here sign this http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE MAKE IT VIRAL

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

davidkachel
02-11-2008, 10:59 AM
If RP is not the nominee, will your principles have changed? Will you not all still believe in exactly the same ideas? To splinter off and vote for Huckleberry, McChains, Osama, Hitlery, whoever, is to betray what you stand for. NONE of those people even remotely stand for our principles.

Do you stand for these things or do you NOT?!

Is this a REVOLUTION or isn't it?

We should be telling the Libertarians and the Constitutionalists to stop the bickering, stop the silly focus on religion, marijuana, getting people elected dog-catcher and UNITE into a single party based on RP's stated platform and we will join them en-masse. Then TOGETHER we can select a nominee, Judge Napolitano would be an excellent choice.

And I'll say this one last time, though I know it will simply echo off the walls AGAIN: we should also be doing everything we can right up to the very edge of the law to damage and incapacitate the current system and to discredit, humiliate and drive from office as many sitting politicians as we possibly can. With so many of them putting their penises in places they shouldn't be, it would not be all that difficult to bring down enough of them to make the rest live in terror that we will take an interest in them next.

affa
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Voting Ron Paul. Period.

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
PLEASE SIGN ASAP

SIGN PETITION http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

bump this and these threads

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113637
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118219

please sign this petition and add to this thread if op can,thanks

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

Original_Intent
02-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I am writing in Ron Paul. I think it would be unfortunate if everyone jsut went back to what they did before.

The Constituion Party is considering Chuck Baldwin as their nominee, he was very supportive of Ron Paul and if he is on the ballot it would be a tough call between him and writing in Ron Paul.

I just hope that we don't fragment and lose the strength that we have built over the past year.