PDA

View Full Version : It is Time: A Call to Arms for the rEVOLution

dc_
02-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I liked this article from Nolan Chart. (http://www.nolanchart.com/article2636.html) We need a huge event to multiply our movement. Especially now that the campaign is facing defeat.

It is Time: A Call to Arms for the rEVOLution

I'm opposed to any form of defeatism or any sentiment that insists that the Ron Paul revolution cannot win swiftly. The holy grail in our passionate mission is most certainly the 2008 Presidential victory and obviously our secondary goal is to increase our concentration on Congress. However, more and more I am reading supporter's words and seeing our secondary goal replacing our primary goal.

What we need to be doing as a grassroots community is to be vigorously searching for ever more bold macro strategies to win this election. Oh sure there are obstacles... media blackout.. preconceived notions.. misbehaved supporters with good intentions... external labeling and name calling... lack of voters up to this point... flat polling numbers... etc..

What we need since the hour is late and the political reception to our revolution is stubborn is action that will directly counter our biggest obstacles and provide a new avenue for new supporters among the demographics that we have not reached.

We need true revolutionary action of the non-violent nature. We need to gather. We need to speak. We need not events, we need An Event. We need to show magnitude. Now.

With the campaign being in something of a suspension, the timing is perfect. We can retract somewhat from the local focus and shift in a big way to something national. Something that will reach the multitudes and legitimize Ron Paul and his platform as a fair water cooler topic. We need to play the game that the national audience is accustomed to i.e. we need a spectacle.

...and what's more spectacular or provoking than the Truth? We need to put the Truth on the national stage for one shimmering moment in time. It is unexpected.

So unexpected that it amounts to a revolutionary act.

Imagine, if you will, if every bit of grassroots money and sweat and expertise was put into one moment, one summit. The scale would be enormous. The impact would be un-ignorable. The revolution will be amplified. Ideally, the notion of resistance to our government's unfair practices should increase in saturation and acceptance and Truth would hold the day.

Why is this a revolutionary action? The successful revolutionaries of old gained momentum through the mighty pen and through the art of the speech. They would rally patriots and take action. They demanded more than just a vow of support.

Why not stand up and show that the revolution is more than a presidential campaign and at the same time show that there is a presidential candidate who also happens to bare the torches of Truth and Liberty?

Why NOT sound a call to arms for our rights and liberty? Why NOT assemble peacefully but forcibly with words? Why NOT take physical action?

With the collective Ron Paul grassroots fund raising capability and many states no longer focusing on primaries, we could create a Truth Bomb or a M.O.A.T.B. if we put our minds to it.

Think what a couple million dollars in fundraising cash would do if focused on one event and one or two areas. Take into consideration the need for a bold and maybe drastic new strategy at this late stage in the race.

We need to all assemble, my vision includes two simultaneous events on two coasts where all peaceful Revolutionaries assemble and where brilliant minds present the economic and political Truths to the entire nation.

The colonial Revolutionaries and the Sons of Liberty assembled, rallied, generated supporters with speeches, and created the spectacle of the Boston Tea Party that could not be ignored. Martin Luther King Junior marched on Washington and created a spectacle of people captivated by the art of the speech and the power of Truth. The Million Man March was unable to be ignored. Where is our revolution's spectacle? When will be our defining moment?

I say it is time. Let us assemble the largest Truth spectacle that our young millennium has yet seen. How could we be ignored if we all marched and assembled? If the media ignored us this time it would be at their own peril. If they called us crazy then they would be speaking to the faces of thousands of people. Other name calling this time should backfire and only fan the flames of popularity that we are so lacking. Our reputation for misbehaved supporters should be replaced with a reputation for being able to organize on a massive scale. The national poll numbers couldn't possibly stay flat immediately after an event of this magnitude.

Most of the primaries are over. Ron Paul himself has to reprioritize both in his home district and to plan for the future of the movement. Only now do we have the opportunity and ability to do something like this and solidify the revolution. The drums must be heard and the banners must be waved.

Or we can just stick to our usual guns and hope for the best, but I'm willing to show my staunch support for Liberty in person to anybody who would deny it to me whether they be the media, the neighbor, or the tyrant. What about you?

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 05:24 PM
A freedom Aid concert.

AJ Antimony
02-10-2008, 05:24 PM
bump

bcreps85
02-10-2008, 05:28 PM
revolutionmarch.com

Pretty sure we're already trying this, aren't we?

Battlecruiser
02-10-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm in. We need something more along the lines of a true revolution. Conventional or normal methods won't work. This needs to be something else entirely.

FreeTraveler
02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Those us familiar with Chicago in 1968 know the most useful thing we could do for a demonstration is plan to be in St. Paul, MN Sept 1-4 for the GOP convention, whether as a delegate, a volunteer, or a protester.

bcreps85
02-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Those us familiar with Chicago in 1968 know the most useful thing we could do for a demonstration is plan to be in St. Paul, MN Sept 1-4 for the GOP convention, whether as a delegate, a volunteer, or a protester.

Interesting idea. Thoughts from others? It would certainly make a statement that would be hard to ignore. It sure would be a shame if we did something huge and then no one covered the story...

If what we do doesn't make the news it wasn't worth doing..might as well have never happened.

bucfish
02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Good idea something that should be done before the the state delegates meet.

justinc.1089
02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Ok this reminds me of Obama's speeches.....

We need change!!!

What kind of change?

Good real change!!!

We need something big and revolutionary!!!

What kind of big and revolutionary?

Really big and truly revolutionary!!!

None of this stuff is a new idea. Marches and concerts have been talked about many, many, many times before.

And to be honest they're not really that great of ideas either because the media is NOT going to cover them even if there are thousands of people there. We had people marching around Boston for the BTP and we had thousands of people at the Philly rally and had like no media coverage of either of those events. We barely got any coverage for getting the all time 1-day fundraising record. So we won't get coverage if thousands of us met in one place either.

However, I think it is worth it IF only a small amount of money is put into it. Putting millions into it is just stupid because its literally throwing the money away.

dc_
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
^so do nothing then?

we arent motivated enough and the revolution is going to fail as a result. the media would cover it but the RP supporters wouldn't feel like attending or they would think its pointless.

also u really think spending the remaining millions on the remaining primaries is a solid plan to win? its throwing away money at this point in the race

kgiese
02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, maybe Michael Jackson will come out of retirement? or Willie Nelson and the gang like "farm aid". Maybe the Teletubbies could run around on stage with Hanna Montana. Who cares?

Deborah K
02-10-2008, 07:40 PM
An event is in the planning stages: www.revolutionmarch.com would you mind forwarding this link to Nolan Chart?