PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul 2008

RonPaulalways
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Ron Paul can't run third party because he's all but promised he wouldn't, but nothing would stop Rand Paul from running third party.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Rand Paul 2008

Rand Paul 2012

justinc.1089
02-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Sorry I have to go with Sanford 2012.

He's SC's governor so he has a much stronger chance of being elected than someone than has not even been in politics before. And I feel confident he would do a great job.

But Sanford or Rand would be awesome, and I would support either of them just as much as I have Ron.:D

jrich4rpaul
02-10-2008, 04:23 PM
This election isn't over

nosebruise
02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Ron Paul can't run third party because he's all but promised he wouldn't, but nothing would stop Rand Paul from running third party.

how about no political career?

rand doesn't have 1/1000th of the chance ron paul would have, which would be hard enough.

c'mon. just focus on the task at hand.

me3
02-10-2008, 04:28 PM
What do people not understand about 3rd party runs?

The Polls will never show the campaign @ 10%+, so there will be no debates, no publicity and no popular movement.

It's the ultimate exercise in futility. Running in a media vacuum.

RSLudlum
02-10-2008, 04:28 PM

He's SC's governor so he has a much stronger chance of being elected than someone than has not even been in politics before. And I feel confident he would do a great job.

But Sanford or Rand would be awesome, and I would support either of them just as much as I have Ron.:D

+100 that's what i'm hoping for if Paul doesn't get it...as a matter of fact i've already expressed my feelings to Sanford late last year.

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
I think Rand Paul would make a great a speaker and champion of the message, and should aid Ron in His book tour and write a book of his own

titled "Son of the Revolution - Growing up Free" by Rand Paul

nosebruise
02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
yeah it is.... anyone who tells you other wise is lying to you.

not until the nomination is called its not.
even if things seem unlikely we have months to go and thats a long time in the political scheme of things. you never know what could happen between now and then to tip things in our favor.

no matter how slim the chance, there is still a chance until the nom is called.

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 04:38 PM
yeah it is.... anyone who tells you other wise is lying to you.

over it what regards?

an election ends when somone is elected... so no it's not over

If you want to give up on the nod, that's fair, but the more work we do the more influence we have at the RNC and that's still a far greater goal even if it doesn't get the media attetnion we'd like at the end of the day.

No matter what we won. those who feel discouraged cause we lost the battles of vanity of being declared a winner are ebing weak. We have won hearts and minds, and while the media won't talk about that, it's a victory we must hold close to our hearts and fuel us to win that next heart, and that next mind until there is none left to win.

Kotin
02-10-2008, 04:40 PM

do you think sanford will run?!

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Since he didn't endorse ROn Paul one much think he's playing the politics game so would run

gaazn
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Sanford looks to be gearing up to run. He's making the rounds on TV and in the newspaper columns. Setting this up so that he gets his name out and getting to know the people in the MSM. He is a very good retail politician with high personal likeability, meeting with the people everywhere during his first run for congress when he went from and * for support to winning the whole thing against the presumptive GOP designee. This will definitely help in Iowa and New Hampshire. The only thing against his chances is that he is a true conservative, and the GOP platform helping big business, high spending, bigger government is at odds with his. Also he could a difficult time with the neocons over the war and building an empire.

RP should use his delegates to push for Sanford to speak at the convention. Not the keynote speaker because Sanford's views are not like the neocon views that currently dominate the platform but something significant. where he can speak about smaller government.

RonPaulalways
02-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Check out Rand Paul speaking at the Montana GOP kick-off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-3X8gGASw

sidster
02-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Rand Paul 2012

2012 -> 20 + 12 = 32 | 23
2012 -> 20 + 1 + 2 = 23 :eek:

sorry, couldn't help it. :D

Akus
02-24-2008, 01:29 AM

Shut the hell up in 2008 until after the Convention

RonPaulalways
02-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Shut the hell up in 2008 until after the Convention

fair enough, mods can you please delete this thread?

sidster
02-24-2008, 01:42 AM
p.s., Just noticed this... why are the stars on the GOP symbol upside down?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3184/2288030292_8fe8f896e6.jpg
http://www.acc-tv.com/images/globalnews/gp_republican_1006.jpg

LibertyEagle
02-24-2008, 01:44 AM
fair enough, mods can you please delete this thread?

How about closing it? :)