PDA

View Full Version : We MUST Get The Media To Report Our WIN in Washington!

free.alive
02-10-2008, 04:13 PM
We won 21% (of the preference poll) in precincts where it wouldn't hurt us to be obvious for Ron Paul, or where those who showed up were likely more socially bold enough to either hold their own or build bridges. However, much of the uncommitted vote is ours because some volunteers and staff were telling them to go undeclared if they were unsure or weren't the type to haggle.

how do I know this?? I was intimately involved in all levels of play. We flat out won Spokane and Vancouver and many places we didn't even have meetups! We won tons precincts we weren't expecting to.

But it wasn't easy. Caucuses where we were only expecting a few people to show up had 10, 20, even 30 or more people. And most of the sheeple were out for McCain . In other areas, a whole (very large) family or two would storm a caucus for Huckster.

Our opponents were out in force. We stormed the fucker nonetheless. My estimate us that we have OVER 50% of the delegates. Some are saying as much as 70, but that's pushing it.

About slow vote counting - the problem was turnout. Turnout was far greater than expected. My district leader was expecting to be up much of the evening with his team calculating the results. Later that evening, one county's GOP chair was burning the midnight oil all by himself at his hq tallying results as they came in. He only started after the platform committee meeting. For the most part, WA seems to have solid and fair GOP reps. Some hate us, but they seem honest.

The greatest story of the night - One precinct, which was allotted one delegate to the county convention, had 23 McCain supporters show up, 1 Huckabee, 1 Romney and 1 Paul. The Paul supporter came away with the delegate!

We were organized! The campaign and some hardcore volunteers put together a great (last minute) system of receiving results and were very happy with the returns. Other key volunteers and staff in recent days held several HUGE caucus training events to prepare supporters for what was to come. Many of us knew more about what was happening than our PCO's!

All in all, it was a great result. Yes, it's a shame that we didn't win outright in the preference poll, but we'll be putting pressure on staff to get a press release out IMMEDIATELY, as soon as they can be reasonably sure of our total.

There is nothing to complain about here. We have won our first state!

free.alive
02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Another two things -

The media is reporting the results they are simply because no one can effectively, concretely know the ACTUAL delegate count. The delegate reports they are issuing are ESTIMATED based on the likely percentage of possible delegates that each candidate won in the precincts. It's good they're even trying that hard to get it right.

What they can't know is that many precincts had supporters of other candidates vastly outnumbering the Paul supporters and we got out people in because they knew better what to expect and were trained on a little strategy. Also, they can't know who those uncommitted delegates support. But as an individual delegate reports back to hq their result, and they say they're officially uncommitted, we can know that many of them actually felt the need to take the suggestion from volunteers and staff that if you can't win, go uncommitted. Some of you seem to be upset about the uncommitted thing, when instead you should be thanking the volunteers and staff who effectively got this across to very nervous first-time caucus goers.

free.alive
02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
The WA Coordinator is estimating that we got twice the delegates of each of the other candidates. That's staggering. Several of us have seen the reports. We had several staff and volunteers back at hq to take in the results from supporters who were given materials to take down results to report back with. EVERYONE has done a fantastic job!

Jodi
02-10-2008, 04:17 PM
That is awesome news!!!!!!!!!!

free.alive
02-10-2008, 04:18 PM
According to the buzz I'm hearing, a supermajority IS a possibility, although I'm reserving my expectations. Either way, we're on top!

A note on the county conventions:

Roughly 1/3 will not show up. Statistically that will include Paul voters, but we're playing for keeps here and we're going to get all them out as well, AND we'll pick up a lot of alternates.

At the county conventions we'll weed out more people and the pro-Paul delegation will GROW as a percentage of the total delegation. This will continue until we have effectively rooted out all non-Paul supporters and send all 18 delegates to National.

The county convention delegates attending the state convention will also choose 1 delegate to represent each of the 9 congressional districts which will be pledged to the winner of the primary in that congressional district. That means it will be Ron Paul supporters who are the 9 pledged delegates from the primary. In a brokered convention we would automatically pick up 9 delegates!

free.alive
02-10-2008, 04:19 PM
How is the delegate situation in Kansas. I know the Huckster cleaned up in the preference poll, but how did we really do?

Madison
02-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Stop relying on the media. They hate us and always will, as does the GOP. We need to get the job done without them.

goldstandard
02-10-2008, 04:41 PM
bump

Feelgood
02-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Ummm as far as the MSM is concerned, McCain came in first, and RP came if third. Now two months ago, third would be great news, however, now third equals dead last. How is this a win again? Some sort of reverse psychology? :) I dont think we will ever get the MSM to realize anything. I will bet you anything, on the day of RP's inauguration, all the media outlets will be running something like MASH re-runs. You watch... :)

pepperpete1
02-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Stop relying on the media. They hate us and always will, as does the GOP. We need to get the job done without them.

First let me thank each and everyone that worked so hard for Dr. Paul.

I do not think the media hates us, so much as they have their marching orders, and we have ours. A rational person would think that as the candidates keep dropping by the way side, that those that are left would receive more attention.

Why I am surprised that it has not happened is beyond me.

I kind of like the idea that the campaign is laying below the radar, and just scarfing up the delegates. Let the media tell their lies until they can not hide from the truth any longer.

I just wish there was someone with enough fortitude, in a position of credibility, to tell the truth to the public. Of course that would be like taking an axe and cutting off your foot.

I had to laugh at the analogy posted above, about the media showing something else while President Paul takes the oath of office.

Please accept our accolades and let the media just go take a flying dip.

:)