PDA

View Full Version : ***Operation Write-In Ron Paul!! ***

TwiLeXia
02-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Spread the message to everyone you know. Let's write in Ron Paul.

If you have friends or family who simply don't care about politics, just tell them to do you a favor and write him in. It takes 2 minutes. Treat them to dinner or something.

If all of us Ron Paul supporters did this, we'd do pretty damn well.

Some of my friends supported candidates who have since dropped out. I am going to ask them to write-in Ron Paul. Most of them agree with his policies. They don't really care about politics, but they are definitely willing to fill out a simple ballot.

We have 9 months until Nov. 4. That's plenty of time. In the three months after Nov. 5 we were able to get a ton of new people. Now we have three times that.

There's no reason we shouldn't try!

Let's write Dr. Ron Paul to be our next President. No money or ads are necessary. Just word-of-mouth, from us Ron Paul supporters to ask our friends and family to do a simple thing. The revolution will continue. Who's with me?

CaliforniaGold
02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
My Husband and I have already decided to do just that!
We can do nothing else! How could we ever be a part of McCain, Billary or BHO?

jrich4rpaul
02-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Please delete your post. He is still in the race and there is no Republican nominee yet. Please use your time promoting Ron Paul in states that have not voted yet.

Please delete this thread.

TwiLeXia
02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Please delete your post. He is still in the race and there is no Republican nominee yet. Please use your time promoting Ron Paul in states that have not voted yet.

Please delete this thread.

I can't delete this thread b/c I'm not a mod. But I don't see why I should.

We should start right now and begin asking people, especially in states who have already voted, to begin planning the write-in.

Madison
02-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I will certainly write him in if he's not on the ballot otherwise. Anyone else who claims to be a supporter of Ron should do the same.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Buy a Sharpie. They're made in America.

Bilgefisher
02-10-2008, 05:03 PM
If it comes down to that, yes I will write him in. But even if he had only .001% chance to win I would still fight on. Since I figure he's got about a 15% chance to win, I am obviously going to push forward.

TwiLeXia
02-10-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't see how no one else seems to see that if we start advertising the write-in now, we'll have a tremendous chance in November of getting Dr. Paul the presidency.

We had two months from Nov 5 to convert all the sheep in the US to Dr. Paul. That wasn't enough time. Now we have 9 months.

I don't see where in my post do I say "stop campaigning for Dr. Paul." In fact I mean quite the opposite: IF you've given up or slowed down because of Dr. Paul's primary results, I want to encourage you to begin again, because we still have a chance!

People keep saying "let's have hope" and "I'm sticking with the revolution." Well if you are going to stick with it then we should start NOW and begin the process of making Dr. Ron Paul president!

By starting early, we can get a huge headstart and map out a grassroots plan that come September, we can make full-blast and basically begin a national movement of writing Ron Paul in.

Captain America
02-10-2008, 11:38 PM
i already said i would write him in no matter what

damoncrowe
02-11-2008, 12:00 AM
March onward! I don't think I can write in in TN anyway. Don't ask me why.

jp5065
02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I thought they didn't even count write-in votes....

Not much of a protest

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Ok... I know write-ins get discriminated against and stuff... but honestly are we going to let that discourage us??

My point is not to tell you all to write in Dr. Paul no matter what... my point is that we need to tell others to write him in, starting immediately! Everyone on this forum is going to write-in Dr. Paul, but that's not enough. Let's convince everyone else in the country to write-him in. We have 9 months to do this.

And if we get a website up and seriously begin planning this out, such as meetup groups and precinct leaders, much like the campaign, we can win this!

Sematary
02-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't see how no one else seems to see that if we start advertising the write-in now, we'll have a tremendous chance in November of getting Dr. Paul the presidency.

We had two months from Nov 5 to convert all the sheep in the US to Dr. Paul. That wasn't enough time. Now we have 9 months.

I don't see where in my post do I say "stop campaigning for Dr. Paul." In fact I mean quite the opposite: IF you've given up or slowed down because of Dr. Paul's primary results, I want to encourage you to begin again, because we still have a chance!

People keep saying "let's have hope" and "I'm sticking with the revolution." Well if you are going to stick with it then we should start NOW and begin the process of making Dr. Ron Paul president!

By starting early, we can get a huge headstart and map out a grassroots plan that come September, we can make full-blast and basically begin a national movement of writing Ron Paul in.

I'm already promoting this idea. I talked to ALOT of Democrats who said that they would have voted for him in the primaries if they could (apparently changing parties never occurred to them). Anyway - I'm on board.

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm already promoting this idea. I talked to ALOT of Democrats who said that they would have voted for him in the primaries if they could (apparently changing parties never occurred to them). Anyway - I'm on board.

Nice! That definitely seems to be the case for me too... the truth is Ron Paul's message is STILL getting out there, people are waking up daily, and the only problem is that many of the primaries have already passed. The primaries were a race for time. But the general election can be won if we start planning it now.

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 09:33 AM
self-bump

MJfromCT
02-11-2008, 09:36 AM
My friends and family will be informed over and over and over and over again about writing in Ron Paul come November. I know I can get a couple of handfuls to do just that.

hopeforamerica
02-11-2008, 10:26 AM
How many states are like mine, where you can't write anyone in? I won't vote for anyone but Ron Paul!

Michael Landon
02-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Either I'll write him in or I'll vote for the Libertarian Party Candidate. I'm undecided at this point, but I really hope that somehow, someway he'll pull out a victory for the GOP nominee.

- ML

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 10:46 AM
SIGN PETITION http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

bump this and these threads

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=113637
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118219

please sign this petition and add to this thread if op can,thanks

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/notogop/

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 10:47 AM
How many states are like mine, where you can't write anyone in? I won't vote for anyone but Ron Paul!

bring a sharpee;)

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 12:04 PM

I'm pretty sure every state allows some sort of write-in, whether it's by a sticker or fill-in-the-blank.

The whole point is to direct everyone to write him in, basically starting a national movement. This can be done if we truly believe in the message and spread it with the same enthusiasm and energy that we have the last few months.

michaelwise
02-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Advertise as; A new way to vote for the right person in November. They slandered then ignored Ron Paul in the media so you would not find out about him or vote for him. We mean to correct this situation.

We need to have specific advertising for this operation, educating people about how to do it. Perhaps we could have a money bomb to something like the blimp site to pay for national ads and get Ron on every ballet under our control.

speciallyblend
02-11-2008, 12:19 PM
write in would be the best,would have to adjust the ads depending on state, some states we could get him on ballots and then some states use the write in option,THIS COULD BE DONE ,especially everyone here and hopefully the PAUL HQ backing it up,since its our money we sent,this is the only option other then not voting...

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
self-bump

Kacela
02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
In Connecticut, we're allowed to write-in a candidate as long as they've registered with the Secretary of State by filling out this simple form: http://www.sots.ct.gov/ElectionsServices/electforms/ED622PresWrite-inAppl2008.pdf
So if it comes to that, He has until October 2008... :)

kgiese
02-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Do we need his SSN?

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Do we need his SSN?

There's another Ron Paul running? Lol XD

NeoRayden
02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
MORE LIKE OPERATION RETARDED!

If he is not a qualified write in candidate in your state he will not count anyway.

Futhermore as a write in candidate they do not read those names off. So as a write in you will not make a difference.

Admin please delete this thread it is illogical nonsense. Now that we buried a third party run we have to contend with lunitics trying to get supporters to throw away their vote.

Other freedom minded candidates are running for President that could use your vote instead of throwing it away. Thats like voting for your cat.

Mike in CT
02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
It'd be better if RP were on the ballot. Is there any hope for a third party to put RP on their ballot even if RP doesn't seek as much? One thing's for sure: I will not vote for McCain.

PC_for_Paul
02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Spread the message to everyone you know. Let's write in Ron Paul.

If you have friends or family who simply don't care about politics, just tell them to do you a favor and write him in. It takes 2 minutes. Treat them to dinner or something.

If all of us Ron Paul supporters did this, we'd do pretty damn well.

Some of my friends supported candidates who have since dropped out. I am going to ask them to write-in Ron Paul. Most of them agree with his policies. They don't really care about politics, but they are definitely willing to fill out a simple ballot.

We have 9 months until Nov. 4. That's plenty of time. In the three months after Nov. 5 we were able to get a ton of new people. Now we have three times that.

There's no reason we shouldn't try!

Let's write Dr. Ron Paul to be our next President. No money or ads are necessary. Just word-of-mouth, from us Ron Paul supporters to ask our friends and family to do a simple thing. The revolution will continue. Who's with me?

writeinronpaul.com is taken

we can have writeinrp.com
writeinron.info?

Animalm0ther3
02-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I think we should wait to see who the libertarian and constitution candidates will be.

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 08:32 PM
MORE LIKE OPERATION RETARDED!

If he is not a qualified write in candidate in your state he will not count anyway.

Futhermore as a write in candidate they do not read those names off. So as a write in you will not make a difference.

Admin please delete this thread it is illogical nonsense. Now that we buried a third party run we have to contend with lunitics trying to get supporters to throw away their vote.

Other freedom minded candidates are running for President that could use your vote instead of throwing it away. Thats like voting for your cat.

I love your attitude. You're saying our vote won't be thrown away if we vote for the libertarian candidate for president?

And don't say that it is tradition to ignore write-ins, because if that is true then this system truly is screwed. Write-ins is the equivalent of a third-party run, if they don't count write-ins, they aren't going to count third-party runs. So you are being hypocritical by supporting a "freedom-minded candidate" rather than writing in Ron Paul simply based on the assumption that they don't count write-ins.

I happen to believe they do count write-in votes as well as third-party campaigns. If you look at history, they have been counted in the past. Even the idea that they are not counted, or not supposed to be counted, is inherently wrong and illegal.

I agree of course that it'd be best for RP to be on the ballot. But without a third-party run that is 99% impossible at this point. So why not try and put all of our efforts into a write-in.

Honestly, if we start a national movement to write-in Ron Paul, it'll just show that the people are taking back politics rather than the two-party system. It will be historic. They can't ignore it, and they won't be able to discriminate against Ron Paul, knowing that the entire America will be against them if news comes out that they intentionally miscounted. Heck, they might even put him on the ballot simply based on the tremendous support he has.

Do you still believe in the revolution? Do you still believe that Dr. Paul's ideas is able to unify and convert not 10%, not 20%, not even 50% but how about 100% of the entire United States? I mean what the heck. SHEEP HAVE AND WILL WAKE UP if we put the effort into it! The message is there. The only roadblock is the crap system of two-party politics.

I want to reiterate: I am NOT saying, drop everything you are doing, and just plan to write Dr. Paul in November. I am saying CONTINUE with the revolution and create a national movement to make our dream come true! I encourage the admins to not delete this thread, because if ideas can't even be discussed without people calling each other trolls and fearing that somehow ONE idea is going to destroy the forum then we don't even have a democracy here. It's more like, Nazism. Or Russia, where any idea that is not agreed with is censored.

TwiLeXia
02-11-2008, 08:39 PM
writeinronpaul.com is taken

we can have writeinrp.com
writeinron.info?

Yea, writeinronpaul.com would have been nice but the page is too hard to read and too messy.

We need a simple, pleasant-looking page that states:

"I pledge to write-in Ron Paul" (add email) and
"I pledge to write-in Ron Paul, as well as work my hardest to get ALL my friends and family and people I know to write-in Ron Paul with me." (add email)

Then perhaps we could have several links to this forum, ronpaul2008, a chart showing the # of pledges, and perhaps a page discussing strategies to convert others to believing that writing-in Ron Paul is NOT a waste and is NOT impossible.

Mike in CT
02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
TwiLeXia,

The write-in thing is hopeless unless RP agrees to cooperate (in my state of Connecticut for example) which I doubt he will do, given his recent letter. If you feel this strongly about it, perhaps a better approach is to create a non-RP affiliated "Draft Ron Paul Party" whose only purpose for existence is to put RP on the ballot in the 50 states. Heck, I'm surprised no one is trying to do that right now.

MarcMadness
02-11-2008, 09:14 PM
How exactly do you 'write-in' a candidate? Where I vote in CA you just punch a little dot like the SAT next the whatever candidate you choose. Do you have to request a write in ballot?

josephadel_3
02-11-2008, 09:49 PM
The problem witht this is that some people will refuse to write him in and vote for a Libertarian. We will be divided on this issue and it won't have a big enough impact. I will still write him in, but honestly it's just a matter of principle if it gets to that point, which it probably will.

Madsci30
02-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Just received from the Constitution Party. FYI

>
>
> 23 North Lime Street
> Lancaster, PA 17602
> (800)2-VETO-IRS
> contactus@constitutionparty.com
>
>
> Super Tuesday is behind us, and for many there were no surprises.
>
> The GOP presidential candidates who stood for the Constitution,
> individual liberty, and a sound economy, were marginalized by the
> national media and the party machine.
>
> But the machine no longer has a monopoly, and the countless
> millions who share our passion for liberty and limited government
> don’t need to play by its rules and choose between supporting John

> McCain or staying home on Election Day.
>
> There is a party that embraces their vision and whose presidential
> candidate will be on the ballot in November. That party is the
> Constitution Party.
>
> Ron Paul’s message to his supporters on Friday, February 8 confirms

> that the likelihood of a brokered convention is greatly diminished,
> that he will NOT run a Third Party campaign in 2008 and that he
> will remain in the GOP to focus on his re-election to Congress.
>
> We owe Dr. Paul a very great debt of gratitude for all he has done
> to revive and energize interest in freedom and our US Constitution,
> and also for making clear his plans for the remainder of 2008.
>
> For those who put their heart and soul into supporting Ron Paul’s
> presidential campaign we all have the challenge to make sure that
> there is a constitutional choice for president on the ballot in all
> 50 states this November!
>
> The results of the primaries make it clear that the Republican
> Party really stands for big government, less freedom and an end to
> national sovereignty.
>
> No wonder they pulled out all the stops to marginalize Ron Paul.
> But there was something they didn’t count on and couldn’t control

> his supporters could not be silenced. From coast to coast they
> shook the foundations of the main stream media and conventional
> wisdom.
>
> Dr. Paul woke a sleeping giant in the form of millions of
> Americans, whose passion, energy and determination is simply too
> strong to go silent. The principles expressed by Dr. Paul and
> embraced by his supporters are the bedrock of what made America
> great, and those principles are embodied in the Constitution Party
> platform.
>
> A party dedicated to securing our borders, eliminating the IRS, and
> a return to a sound monetary system. A party committed to stopping
> the national ID card, protecting privacy and liberty, preserving
> gun rights and protecting the unborn. A party opposed to
> unconstitutional trade agreements and undeclared wars.
>
> Unlike the Republican Party which rejected Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo
> and Duncan Hunter, the Constitution Party embraces much of the
> philosophy and principles that they articulated. Any candidate of
> their stature and history would be welcomed in the Constitution
Party.
>
> We are confident that many hardworking Americans, like those who
> made the Ron Paul Revolution the phenomenon it is, recognize that
> the battle has just started and the place to continue those heroic
> efforts is with millions of likeminded people in the Constitution
> Party.
>
> We invite you to Join Now and work with us to Restore the American
> Dream.
>
> Yours for Liberty,
>
>
>
> James N. Clymer
> Constitution Party National Chairman
>
>
> Please support the work of the Constitution Party by clicking here
> To unsubscribe from CPNC newsletters click here.
> Please visit our website at www.constitutionparty.org.

Mike in CT
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Ron Paul has made his will known: "There will be no third party run." Dr. Paul wants to work within the Republican party.

Nevertheless, I don't think there's anything formally stopping the Constitution Party from putting Dr. Paul on the ballot if they so want. Dr. Paul can truthfully state that he did not request this action, and the American people will have a real choice in November. Seems like a win-win situation. What do you all think?

Madison
02-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I will vote for Ron Paul in November. End of story.

Mike in CT
02-11-2008, 11:20 PM
According to Wikipedia, the Constitution Party (under differing names in some states) is on the ballot in only sixteen states. So, even if the Constitution Party did draft Ron Paul for their ballot, it would not be a nation-wide option. There has to be a better way!

TwiLeXia
02-12-2008, 01:12 AM
TwiLeXia,

The write-in thing is hopeless unless RP agrees to cooperate (in my state of Connecticut for example) which I doubt he will do, given his recent letter. If you feel this strongly about it, perhaps a better approach is to create a non-RP affiliated "Draft Ron Paul Party" whose only purpose for existence is to put RP on the ballot in the 50 states. Heck, I'm surprised no one is trying to do that right now.

Why wouldn't he agree though? Is not his website ronpaul2008?

He has stated that he will fight until the very end. I think he is focused on the primaries right now, but when time comes, he probably would support a write-in effort. It's up to us grassroots to have one prepared for him when time comes.

If he truly does not want to run (should he lose the Republican primary), I wouldn't want to "draft" him... that is not my intention at all. I believe we should merely start planning out this write-in national movement as early as possible.

The only reason I so strongly think this is what we should do is simple: I truly want Dr. Paul to be our next president. I don't think anyone on this forum thinks differently. And if we want him to be president, considering that:

1. Republican primaries are over soon
2. Dr. Paul does not want to run 3rd party

The only way is to write him in. The Constitutional and Libertarian parties are great (arguably) but I don't see why people are giving up on Dr. Paul so easily and simply saying "well, Ron Paul's out, so now's time to support all these other freedom candidates!" So yes, I passionately feel that we should not give up on Dr. Paul.

NeoRayden
02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
You are throwing away your vote twilexia if Ron Paul is not a registered write in candidate in your state.

They do not have to count votes for votes cast that do not have an offical candidate on them.

TwiLeXia
02-12-2008, 08:40 PM
He should be registered then... would Dr. Paul not want that?

donnay
02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
I did not see this thread so I started this one.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119293

Xyrus2
02-12-2008, 09:15 PM
If I cannot vote for or write in Ron Paul, my vote will go libertarian. If there isn't a libertarian candidate, then I will vote democrat as a protest vote to the GOP.

Not voting is not counting. I would rather the GOP know my displeasure than sit at home and not be heard.

~X~

Djentrify
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Uhh, I don't think write ins are really counted seeing as how its all done by machine now, why don't you guys just vote libertarian?

donnay
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
If I cannot vote for or write in Ron Paul, my vote will go libertarian. If there isn't a libertarian candidate, then I will vote democrat as a protest vote to the GOP.

Not voting is not counting. I would rather the GOP know my displeasure than sit at home and not be heard.

~X~

Not to discount your plan but voting for the other party (which in all reality is just the flip side of the same coin) does not help the cause to let the establishment know we will not go quietly into the night without a fight. I do not advocate abstaining--I am advocating an absentee ballot write-in for "Ron Paul" and carbon copy of it to go to our network and the original copy goes to the town clerks so we have a paper trail. I think it will send a clear resounding message to the GOP-- Defiant to the end.

Here is the plan: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119293

IPSecure
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Explain: How is a rigged optical scanner, going to read the write-in votes?

donnay
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Explain: How is a rigged optical scanner, going to read the write-in votes?

Because we can carbon copy our absentee ballots which will be sent registered mail to a network who will already have figures then, standing-by waiting for the results on election night. With the carbon copies we will have a paper trail--we can have people put their initials in the upper right hand corner of the ballots for better verification if need be.

TwiLeXia
02-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Donnay I read your post and I like your idea. A lot of you are really being negative and that is fine, but the point is come September, starting a write-in then will be too late.

A lot of you think that supporting the Libertarian candidate is good if Dr. Paul isn't in the general election, but I want to convince why you should write him in instead:

1. If the "rigged" ballot machines do not recognize write-ins, who says they will recognize 3rd parties and independent runs?
2. If his/her name is not Ron Paul, is the Libertarian/Constitution party candidate honestly going to get even 1% of the vote? These people will have absolutely 0 name recognition.
3. By starting a national write-in movement, we will force the establishment to listen to us. Imagine if 50% or 70% of votes were write-in. That is the unifying power of Dr. Paul's message.

It will be historic. I know there are roadblocks, and the establishment is clearly against us. However by writing in Ron Paul and having a crazy amount of people do it will show the power of the people against the current Party system, and return politics to what it should be about: the candidate's ideas and voting record, rather than their party affiliation or their "electability."

donnay
02-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks...I think it can be done but we need some solidarity to make it work.

Shera
02-13-2008, 01:00 AM
damon, I found this at http://tennessee.gov/sos/rules/1360/1360-02/1360-02-13.pdf

1360—2—13—.19 WRITE-IN PROCEDURE AND CHALLENGED AND REJECTED BALLOTS. Any
electronic voting system which has been certified as herein before provided which has the capability of allowing
write-in votes on the machine itself, such write-in feature shall be utilized for the purpose of allowing a voter to
write-in candidate(’s) name(s) and no paper ballots shall be furnished for such purpose. However, notwithstanding
the foregoing, any county election commission may, at the option of the local election commission, furnish paper
ballots for the purpose of allowing a voter to write-in candidate(’s) name(s) in lieu of allowing a voter to write-in
votes on the machine itself upon publication of notice of same pursuant to T.C.A. §2—1—110 not less than ninety
(90) days prior to the election in which paper ballots are to be used. The use of both paper ballots for write-in votes
and the machine write-in feature during the same election is strictly prohibited. In the event the write-in feature on
the machine is used and a voter is successfully challenged underT.C.A. §§ 2—7—124, 2—7—125 or 2—7—126
then he shall be allowed to vote on paper absentee ballot and such ballot shall be sealed and preserved as provided
by law. Each county election commission shall record the ballot stub numbers of absentee ballots which are
dispensed to each polling place for the purpose of challenged voters. Each county election commission shall
determine the actual number of such ballots to be dispensed to each precinct.

So you must be able to write in, but we need to be sure that we get Ron Paul's applications filled out, with all of the t's crossed and i's dotted, to be sure that our write in votes count!

Shera
02-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Come on, you guys! We can NOT give up now! I have word in to my state's campaign chairperson, and will let you all know if and when she responds.

Yes, each state has different requirements to fulfill to ensure a write-in candidacy. We have come too far to give up now because we are too divided to come together & get this thing done! Don't let the hacks have been right.

Just to clarify, I think some people may be confused about the difference between "write in" and "mail in". Every precinct should have a procedure in place to accommodate a "write in" ballot - that is a ballot on which you opt not to vote for any of the candidates listed, but instead choose to write a name in. A "mail in" ballot (some places call them absentee ballots) is an entire ballot which the elections people mail to you, you fill in and mail back or drop off.

What donnay and TwiLeXia are suggesting is that we all request "mail in" (or absentee) ballots and "write in" Ron Paul in the Presidential race.

TwiLeXia
02-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Come on, you guys! We can NOT give up now! I have word in to my state's campaign chairperson, and will let you all know if and when she responds.

Yes, each state has different requirements to fulfill to ensure a write-in candidacy. We have come too far to give up now because we are too divided to come together & get this thing done! Don't let the hacks have been right.

Just to clarify, I think some people may be confused about the difference between "write in" and "mail in". Every precinct should have a procedure in place to accommodate a "write in" ballot - that is a ballot on which you opt not to vote for any of the candidates listed, but instead choose to write a name in. A "mail in" ballot (some places call them absentee ballots) is an entire ballot which the elections people mail to you, you fill in and mail back or drop off.

What donnay and TwiLeXia are suggesting is that we all request "mail in" (or absentee) ballots and "write in" Ron Paul in the Presidential race.

You can write-in on absentee ballots too right? I'm guessing the whole point of absentee ballots is just so that you don't have to show up on voting day.

donnay
02-13-2008, 02:02 AM
An absentee ballot will provide you with a paper trail when you copy it and send it registered to a central network.

alaric
02-13-2008, 02:39 AM
this has been my point all along. If they fix the primaries, i write him in. I won't go away!

alaric
02-13-2008, 02:42 AM
You can write-in on absentee ballots too right? I'm guessing the whole point of absentee ballots is just so that you don't have to show up on voting day.

no, the point of absentee is you have PROOF! No matter what crooked voting machine they use.