PDA

View Full Version : The message that SHOULD have been sent...

FreedomRings
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Whoa! What a year this has been. And what achievements we have had. Millions of Americans -- and friends in many other countries -- have dedicated themselves to the principles of liberty: to free enterprise, limited government, sound money, no income tax, and peace. We will keep up the fight as long as there is even a single restriction on our persons, our property, our civil liberties.

With Romney gone, the mainstream media's pundits claim that the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero. But they have never understood my -- and your -- unshakable determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention, not just for our ideas, but for the presidency itself.

To increase our efficiency in this historic race, I am making the national campaign leaner and tighter. At the same time I continue to rely on your most generous donations so I can keep running ads and getting the message out.

I have an announcement to make. After careful consideration I made a definite decision to stay in the Republican party and to fight for our ideas from within the two-party system. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them. But I will remain a Republican because it gives me the best chance to serve the Revolution from within the system.

I also have another priority. My congressional seat is under attack by the neocons. They want to sink my presidential campaign by taking over my home district. I cannot and will not allow that to happen. If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat, all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas. So I have another battle I must face here as well, and I hope you will help me defeat these opportunistic warmongers.

In the presidential race and the congressional race, I need your support, as always. History has shown that its course can take unexpected turns in just a few months. Other candidates might drop out. The economy could go further downhill. The complacent majority could finally open its eyes and switch its allegiance to the Revolution. After my CPAC speech, which was received extremely well by my fellow conservatives, I am more resolved and determined than ever that John McCain will not take this Republican nomination without the fight of his life.

The neocons, the globalists and the bankers are quietly hoping that this revolution is over. But believe me when I say this: We're just getting warmed up. This is only the beginning.

Sincerely,

Ron

Shink
02-10-2008, 04:07 PM
A little edit for you: "I continue to rely on your most generous donations" :D Ron always says that.

FreedomRings
02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Fixed. ;)

tropicangela
02-10-2008, 04:16 PM
This is exactly what it should have said. That letter the other night was not from Ron... like others, I didn't feel it was.

cheese
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Whoa! What a year this has been. And what achievements we have had. Millions of Americans -- and friends in many other countries -- have dedicated themselves to the principles of liberty: to free enterprise, limited government, sound money, no income tax, and peace. We will keep up the fight as long as there is even a single restriction on our persons, our property, our civil liberties.

With Romney gone, the mainstream media's pundits claim that the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero. But they have never understood my -- and your -- unshakable determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention, not just for our ideas, but for the presidency itself.

To increase our efficiency in this historic race, I am making the national campaign leaner and tighter. At the same time I continue to rely on your most generous donations so I can keep running ads and getting the message out.

I have an announcement to make. After careful consideration I made a definite decision to stay in the Republican party and to fight for our ideas from within the two-party system. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them. But I will remain a Republican because it gives me the best chance to serve the Revolution from within the system.

I also have another priority. My congressional seat is under attack by the neocons. They want to sink my presidential campaign by taking over my home district. I cannot and will not allow that to happen. If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat, all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas. So I have another battle I must face here as well, and I hope you will help me defeat these opportunistic warmongers.

In the presidential race and the congressional race, I need your support, as always. History has shown that its course can take unexpected turns in just a few months. Other candidates might drop out. The economy could go further downhill. The complacent majority could finally open its eyes and switch its allegiance to the Revolution. After my CPAC speech, which was received extremely well by my fellow conservatives, I am more resolved and determined than ever that John McCain will not take this Republican nomination without the fight of his life.

The neocons, the globalists and the bankers are quietly hoping that this revolution is over. But believe me when I say this: We're just getting warmed up. This is only the beginning.

Sincerely,

Ron

seriously... this is why ron needs a speech writer and a better PR person. They should hire you.

AlexMerced
02-10-2008, 04:51 PM
seriously... this is why ron needs a speech writer and a better PR person. They should hire you.

I better Puerto Rican person, I'll take the job

FreedomRings
02-11-2008, 01:24 AM

I better Puerto Rican person, I'll take the job

I'm sure many of us would do a pretty good job and wouldn't hesitate to do it for free. :)

I can't believe the original message is still up on Ron's site, without any change or clarification whatsoever. :mad:

warispeace
02-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Whoa! That would have made a world of difference. I know I was depressed all weekend...I wonder how many votes were lost on Saturday by this fiasco. Would it be too much to ask that, even though he's extremely busy, RP write the email messages himself? I mean, what is it, one every couple of weeks? Why do I get the feeling that someone at HQ doesn't want him to win? People are putting way too much time, money and effort into this to have something like this happen. No wonder the fund raising took a nosedive.

I really do wish the 3rd party/Indy thing would not be totally ruled out at this early stage. If the nomination is not won, there is so much at stake, I can't believe we would all just give up and let the country be destroyed. And I actually think he might be able to win...is it just me?

syborius
02-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Whoa! That would have made a world of difference. I know I was depressed all weekend...I wonder how many votes were lost on Saturday by this fiasco. Would it be too much to ask that, even though he's extremely busy, RP write the email messages himself? I mean, what is it, one every couple of weeks? Why do I get the feeling that someone at HQ doesn't want him to win? People are putting way too much time, money and effort into this to have something like this happen. No wonder the fund raising took a nosedive.

I really do wish the 3rd party/Indy thing would not be totally ruled out at this early stage. If the nomination is not won, there is so much at stake, I can't believe we would all just give up and let the country be destroyed. And I actually think he might be able to win...is it just me?

This was a gargantuan fuck-up. I'm guessing that they just put the same crap on the website to save face, making it seem like they are in control. What should have be done is to call it what it was, "SABOTAGE" from some snot-nosed freedom hater trotskite. It was just professional enough to pass muster with enough of the knee-jerk crowd to try and put the final nail in the coffin of the movement. In the original thread I called it, I said I doubted it was Ron Paul's writing, but the damage was done. If this campaign had ANY CLUE, they would retract it. Spend one day sending a huge apology for this mess up, and writing an inspirational release for us to fight on. Unfortunately we have many people around ron paul that are freedom-hating treasonous bastards, that is all I can say. Unfortunately the man can only do so much, he can not fact check every single thing, but there should have been a policy that if Ron Paul does not write it, you can not put his name on it, otherwise get ready for a libel lawsuit. I guess they didn't learn from the newsletter fiasco. I sometimes feel the grassroots has done far more than the official campaign, correction, it has done more. Now by keeping that piece of shit release on the website, you just reinforce the mess. WHAT A MESS!. :rolleyes:

FreedomRings
02-11-2008, 12:27 PM
The original message is still up at http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ and it remains unchanged. I'm now beginning to lean towards the sabotage interpretation as well.

On the other hand, there is a small positive to all this: the sunshine revolutionaries are weeding themselves out by the thousands. The revolution is now firmly back in the hands of the most dedicated grassroots, and what we make of this opportunity is only up to us.

Is there a chance Ron Paul might win the Republican nomination this year? Of course. There are only two opponents left, the conservative base is revolting, and McCain and Huckabee might be taken down by an unexpected scandal or swiftboat attack at any time. It's not likely, but it's possible, and that's all I ever asked for to go "all in" and give this my best shot.

Ron Paul often said that he joined our revolution and that he feels privileged to be a part of it. Let's show him that we are with him in this fight until the end and that we'll take back the GOP, and win the presidency, no matter if it's in 2008 or 2012. Don't let anybody tell you that this is just about "spreading ideas" or "getting the message out".... Everything is at stake here, and for the sake of our future and the future of the world, our dominating goal must be to actually win the relevant elections and finally take this country back.

While the recent email might have been a "slap in the face", we'll have to sacrifice a lot more than our disappointed egos, and we'll surely have to overcome tougher obstacles than the defeatist attitude that has been spreading among the half-committed (including a part of Ron's official staff).

As Ron Paul himself has said, this is only the beginning, so let's get started.

spudea
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I put the blame on all the shitheads demanding a message from ron after super tuesday. Ron is extremely busy with the CPAC speech and the huge University rally he had. But no... thousands of people contacted the campaign demanding a message from ron.

DeafPalmdale
02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
WHY DON'T SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING WITH THE LETTER IN www.ronpaul2008.com? It is misleading and misunderstanding. It's been there for like, 3-4 days? GET SOMEONE TO FIXED IT OR UPDATE.

seeker1
02-11-2008, 03:46 PM

Sincerely,

Ron

This is my point exactly, the campaign should have had people that believed the mission and were on fire. Maybe they'll get the hint, but I doubt it. After all the other letter is still on the main page.:cool:

TruthAtLast
02-11-2008, 03:52 PM
loved the rewrite. They should change the message on the site and send a new press release. haha

beachmaster
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
loved the rewrite. They should change the message on the site and send a new press release. haha

I liked the revised message too... I just took a cue from FreedomRings and put it in my sig.

Send that rewrite to the campaign and beg them to consider it for the home page.

ScotTX
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
You guys really need to get over it! Ron Paul tells it like it is and he's made it clear that he's still running for president! Wash the sand out of your pussies, already, and get back to work!!!

RollOn2day
02-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Great rewrite! Unfortunately, thats not what he sent us. I wish it was. I have to take this at face value along with the fact that it IS still on the website.

I'm in Mississippi. We have a primary on March 11th. There will be no radio, no tv, no billboards and no MSM other than either not mentioning him or restateing that he has dropped out.

And thanks for the reminder to wash the sand out of my pussy. I almost forgot to rinse!!

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
WHY DON'T SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING WITH THE LETTER IN www.ronpaul2008.com? It is misleading and misunderstanding. It's been there for like, 3-4 days? GET SOMEONE TO FIXED IT OR UPDATE.

haha

All is going according to plan!
You see, the email is...

wait...

I almost forgot...

"Don't talk about fight club!!!"

:D

p.s. nice re-write

beachmaster
02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Great rewrite! Unfortunately, thats not what he sent us. I wish it was. I have to take this at face value along with the fact that it IS still on the website.

I'm in Mississippi. We have a primary on March 11th. There will be no radio, no tv, no billboards and no MSM other than either not mentioning him or restateing that he has dropped out.

And thanks for the reminder to wash the sand out of my pussy. I almost forgot to rinse!!

I used listerine.

Soccrmastr
02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Good! Definitely what it should have been!