PDA

View Full Version : ★★★If Ron doesnt get the nomination, HERE is what he should do★★★

MooCowzRock
02-10-2008, 01:17 PM
This party run is pointless, sorry to say it. No third party run, anytime in the near future, unless that person has millions already willing to vote for him, and has tens of millions willing to spend on campaigning and getting on the ballots, is going to win the presidency. We have to take the presidency through the Republican parties. Period.

Unfortunately, as much as we all have hope for this specific presidency, it isnt going to happen. I WANT TO MAKE CLEAR, that this does not constitute the END of our revolution! In fact, it shows that our revolution is growing stronger and stronger every day! Fifteen years ago, you NEVER would have seen Pauls name in the news! Libertarian and true conservative, and even to some extent Anarchist views(overall, minarchist views like our founders and the Constitution intended) would never have gained so much recognition! I past years, NEVER would a candidate with such truly American views have gotten 5-25% on most all of the caucuses and primaries, coming even up to second, or even barely winning in one state.

So dont take my acceptance that this race is pretty much over for me as acceptance that this revolution is dead, because this election, while we didnt and wont win, is absolute PROOF that America still has a chance, and we are growing in strength and numbers! We may not have been strong enough for this race, but we are a hundred times stronger than we have been, and if we dont give up, we'll be even stronger for the next one, especially if more and more start to realize the downward trend our country is going in.

Unfortunately for this race, McCain is the inevitable GOP candidate, and Obama is the inevitable Democratic candidate. The way the media constantly credits the victories to these two, and considering how far along the race is, it is an inevitability we have to accept, and we have to start working on Ron Paul's next run, along with the runs of the congressional races that will make us an actual power within the United States government.

However, one of the greatest ways we proved our absolute conviction in our understanding of what America needed was through ALL of ourwillingness to contribute and sacrifice financially to help get the message out! Hundreds of thousands of us, college students such as me donating 50 to 100 dollars here and there, adding up to manty hundreds of dollars that could have gone to gas, food, etc, investing for a hope to strengthen their education and provide stronger opportunities out of college...to families full of kids to care for, sacrificing a strong piece of their tight budget, investing to take control of their kid's education and to help their own parents' get the social security they deserve, while giving them the money they work for to help better provide for their children, and to dedicate funds to a retirement account that would actually provide for them in retirement, to soldiers who donate to make sure their lives are used and sacrificed, and their efforts are used only in the defense of the Constitution and the liberty is protects, and investors who donated thousands, to make such an investment that they hope would strengthen the economy to to create a return on their investment.

To an extent, we were all investing something, and we all takea risk and hope that our invvestment returns something to us, either our money and property, either our security and life, or our choices and our freedom.

And Ron Paul still has so much of this money left over. And I have one proposition for how this money should be spent, to get America on the right mindset to set up for the next election, to help make our numbers even greater the next time around. I propose that Ron Paul use the millions he still has left of our money, and maybe with some extra contricutions from us, and buy at least an hours worth of airtime from every station we can afford in the country, and give the most powerful speech he can give to remind voters, and remind America, of what American ideals truly are, and what America is truly supposed to stand for. Even if you think we should continue our run, such a speech would probably be the most effective use of our money to gain support and sway the current Republican tide, in time for the national convention where we will make our case. But such a speech, that will undeniably get airtime, is the best way to get the message out for this race or the next, a message we are losing time to get out.

What do you guys think?

icon124
02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
how did you get those stars on your thread title?

pacelli
02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
First of all, I don't think it is a clear cut victory for Obama. The Clinton machine still has tricks up it's sleeves, and they will stop at nothing to continue their dynasty.

In order to take over the republican party to make a noticeable difference, it will take decades of work. Even if we get 50 people into congress to vote against unconstitutional bills along with Ron, we've still got hundreds voting the other way.

I know there are real plans underway to create our own mainstream media TV and radio network. After listening to Ron Paul Revolution Radio (www.rprradio.com) I hear that they will be offering stock options to get started soon-- within the next few weeks. I think this is the most important piece of infrastructure to get in place soon.

I believe Ron when he says that we have started a fight with the establishment. This isn't some catchy political tactic. It is reality, and it will be a lifelong fight. When he went into the establishment's lions den at CPAC and rallied against the interventionism and globalist agenda, they took note. Expect more disinformation and emotional combat.

I only hope that we can institute real change before we get ourselves into a martial law military dictatorship.

TruthAtLast
02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Unfortunately for this race, McCain is the inevitable GOP candidate, and Obama is the inevitable Democratic candidate.

I don't entirely agree with this. Yes, McCain is the "likely" candidate but we'll really find out after Virginia if Huck drops out. I'm not saying Ron Paul will win or that even if it went to a brokered convention, that it would even get to the second round where our "master strategy" of hidden delegates that actually support Ron Paul could kick in. But Huck isn't quiting and every state he wins, he is making sure McCain doesn't get to 1191.

If Ron Paul spends the 7 million in Texas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania to make sure McCain doesn't wrap it up there, then this has a "CHANCE" of going to a brokered convention. There is no doubt that Huck can't win outright so he is hoping for the same thing we were always hoping for. His strategy is out strategy. And by that fact alone, the door is always open. PLUS, if McCain continues to lose states that he should be winning, there is buyers remorse. Suddenly he doesn't look like the anointed candidate anymore. Suddenly he has weakness. (EVEN CNN WAS SAYING THIS YESTERDAY)

Romney's people aren't going to vote for McCain so between Huck and us, at a brokered convention, you just never know what can happen. All of the experts don't really know either. This is uncharted waters and it hasn't been done in modern history.

Again, I'm not going to say we will win (that is just foolish), and we'll have a better idea after the next few days, but as of today McCain has chinks in his armor and everyone is starting to take a second look.

and buy at least an hours worth of airtime from every station we can afford in the country, and give the most powerful speech he can give to remind voters, and remind America, of what American ideals truly are, and what America is truly supposed to stand for.

Your idea is a good one but there are a couple problems. First, who is going to give him a full hour for ANY amount of money? Maybe late at night when the infomercials are playing, but are you suggesting that the media would bump prime time shows for Ron Paul? :D

Second, he already had such a speech at the CPAC and it was televised by many stations.

I think Ron Paul actually needs a good speech writer. He hits good points but then sometimes he strays and loses people. It sounds more like a rant than a speech sometimes. I watch and cross my fingers that he doesn't start talking about certain issues that usually turn people off, and he never fails to go down those roads. I watch as he talks about Liberty and Freedom but he doesn't RELATE it to the common man. Seriously, for most people these are ABSTRACT concepts.

I'd rather see him explain exactly what he MEANS when he says "devalued currency" or that the "FED prints money out of thin air" or when he talks about "habeas corpus". Most people say.... huh?

He needs to realize WHO HE IS SPEAKING TO. They don't get it. It is like listening to someone speak another language.

In marketing they have a saying, "reduce to the ridiculous". You see this all of the time when the tell you how much something costs, then say "it's just $.30 per day, less than a cup of coffee". He needs to reduce these sweeping concepts down to the common man.

I can see a 1-2 min commercial where you have a steelworker, a teacher, and some middle American father (you know, because that is what everyone uses) and they hold their paycheck in front of them.

Steelworker: "I've heard people talk about getting rid of the IRS. That is just crazy. What would happen to Social Security without taxes?"

Teacher: "Doesn't everyone know that the Government would have no money to run on without taxes? Isn't that common sense?"

Father: "What would happen to our schools and our roads? Anyone who says that we can completely eliminate taxes is nuts."

Narrator (with text):
"WARNING: the truth may be shocking"

"Half of your income tax goes to pay JUST THE INTEREST on our National Debt; the money that the Government has already spent."

"The other half goes to the second largest expense in the National Budget. Maintaining 700 bases in 130 countries." (a globe appears with dots for every base in the world.)

"This not only strips you of the money you've rightfully earned, but it makes our country weaker"

"Our military would be stronger and we'd be able to protect our borders and ports much more effectively if they were brought home. Our troops would be safer and could spend more time with their families." (slowly the dots around the world start moving towards the United states which becomes one HUGE dot symbolizing greater strength)

"Who are these people who suggest such RADICAL ideas?"

(pictures of Franklin, Jefferson, Jackson, and Lincoln fade in)
"These were the ideas of our founding fathers. Our country flourished for nearly 200 years without an Income Tax."

"A smaller Government still makes plenty of money to function through corporate taxes, trade tariffs, taxes on firearms, cigarettes, alcohol, and other income."

"By reducing the National Debt and cutting wasteful spending including strengthening our military at home, there would be little need for an IRS and you could keep the money you worked so hard for in your pocket."

"The Government has borrowed all of the money in the Social Security Trust Fund for their insatiable thirst to spend. But we could restore Social Security to everyone who has paid into it and give the next generation the option of getting out completely and investing their money how they wish."

"Suddenly the idea of no Income Tax isn't so crazy. It sounds more like the common sense that the founders had."

Steelworker: "Wow, I never realized where my money really went."

Teacher: "You mean, I could actually keep the money I work for?"

Father: "I consider myself an intelligent guy, but I had no idea. They don't teach you this in school. I have to admit, I'm a little upset about it."

"ONLY RON PAUL follows the advice of the founders." (photos of Ron Paul fades in)

"He serves on the House Financial Services Committee, the International Relations committee, and the Joint Economic Committee. He is the only candidate who has NEVER voted to increase taxes or for an unbalanced budget. He is the foremost expert on economic issues in Congress and has written 5 books on the subject."

"Instead of decreasing our Debt, our Government is increasing it. Every other candidate talks about cutting spending but contradicts themselves by not reducing two of the largest expenses in the National Budget; Our DEBT and our Overseas Spending. The spending cuts they propose would be like taking $5 out of a $1 million dollar budget, and most of these candidates wouldn't cut it at all but rather transfer it to another department."

"In a country headed towards Economic Disaster, Ron Paul is the only hope we have."

OK, I just threw this together off the top of my head. But in just 2 minutes you can educate people, reduce it to concepts that effect them, answer the common questions, link Ron Paul to the founding fathers, praise his record and credibility, and subtly attack the other candidates. ALL IN 2 MINUTES.

These are the Ads that he needs to run. Even if it wasn't an AD, this is how he needs to craft his speeches.

TruthAtLast
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
i also agree that Obama doesn't have this in the bag yet.

mediahasyou
02-29-2008, 10:20 PM
bump. for best thread I've read all year.

slacker921
02-29-2008, 10:32 PM
ok.. .that's the kind of TV ad the campaign needed oh... 3 months ago. Getting it running now would still be a good thing - since this effort is all about educating the public. Shoot.. I don't get to vote until MAY so this ad could run here for a full month.

If someone has the money *cough*HQ*cough* it wouldn't be wasted on an educational ad like this.

amy31416
02-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Here in PA, we've had a negative McCain ad run several times over, starting (I think) yesterday. It's the first political TV ad I've seen yet in these parts. :)

idiom
02-29-2008, 11:48 PM
the Washington March/Rally meets all of the OP's ideas.

hyoomen
03-01-2008, 01:24 AM
I can see a 1-2 min commercial...
These are the Ads that he needs to run. Even if it wasn't an AD, this is how he needs to craft his speeches.

Agreed. I've recorded this in my log of things that need to be done (especially in an independent run).

We also need economics experts who agree w/ our economic expert (Mises institute, anybody?).

I suspect people are going to start to understand the dire need of economic reform over the long days of summer. We have to capitalize.

jbuttell
03-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I'd rather see him explain exactly what he MEANS when he says "devalued currency" or that the "FED prints money out of thin air" or when he talks about "habeas corpus". Most people say.... huh?

He needs to realize WHO HE IS SPEAKING TO. They don't get it. It is like listening to someone speak another language.

In marketing they have a saying, "reduce to the ridiculous". You see this all of the time when the tell you how much something costs, then say "it's just $.30 per day, less than a cup of coffee". He needs to reduce these sweeping concepts down to the common man.

You mean - kinda like this: ???
http://fascistadmin.com/miscellany/sotu_translation/

.jeremy