PDA

View Full Version : Stepping it up a notch in TX-CD14 against Chris Peden

lastnymleft
02-10-2008, 11:31 AM
This Congressional campaign IS a distraction. But right now it is a necessary one. I propose that we step it up a notch, and make it VERY clear to this guy to back off NOW. He has some compelling reasons to do so. I propose that we spread this, or something similar, to all 1600 meetup groups, and have them individually send it to him. When he sees the numbers behind us, he'll roll over, for the reasons I have outlined to him below. I've very deliberately made it tough, and a bit non-violently threatening. We can't pussyfoot about here:

Contact form:
http://www.campaignsitebuilder.com/templates/displayfiles/tmpl159.asp?SiteID=1414&PageID=25934&Trial=false

Chris Peden for Congress
714 W. House
Alvin, TX 77511

info@chrispeden.org
Phone: 281-756-8215

Dear Mr Peden,

We write to strongly suggest that you drop your campaign for Congressman, in Texas Congressional District 14. You promised that you would not oppose Dr Paul while he was still wanting to remain in the seat, yet you have dishonorably broken your word. If you carry on any further, you must be prepared to pay the consequences.

If you persist, and happen to knock Dr Paul off as the Republican nominee, we - the hundreds of thousands of ACTIVE grassroots supporters of Dr Paul, from across the entire nation, the very same ones that raised $6M in one day, and $20M in 3 months - will fully fund and support an Independent (likely, Dr Paul himself! You didn't think he would just let you have it unopposed, did you?), or some other appropriate candidate, to run against you. We have many within our own ranks that would be suitable. And we won't skimp with the funding. We'll do it in a day, and think nothing of you being left to deal with the loss forever thereafter. Note also that if Dr Paul were to lose the Tx-CD14 GOP nomination, and become free of the GOP party alliance on the Congressional level, it would likely free him up from his inclination/obligation to remain with the GOP at the federal level. You may well be the cause of a third-party presidential run, during which the GOP will surely lose. Do you really want to be known forever within GOP ranks as the person whose extreme selfishness and vanity caused that loss? What would that do to your reputation, and career prospects within the GOP?

And when you do lose, and try to scuttle back to your Mayoral position, expect us to haunt you throughout any political career you may attempt at any time into the future. We will fund and support opposition to any designated enemy of Liberty such as yourself, for ANY position, at ANY time. You won't be able to run for ANY public office without us there working against you.

What Ron Paul has sparked is beyond him now. It is not just a campaign, but a fully autonomous movement for LIBERTY. And we shall not waiver in our resolve to attain such, regardless of the cost. As well as working towards Dr Paul's Presidential bid, we have been busy establishing the infrastructure required to be around as a political force - forever - in order to put a lot more "Ron Paul Republicans" into public office - and to get rid of the ones opposing us. If you proceed as you are, you will have the dubious honor of being our first political scalp, and with many more to come. We have the capability to deliver extreme political force, and are prepared to do so. We are wilfully taking on the full might of the MSM and the Establishment, so we won't think twice about squashing your measly political dreams along the way.

Hell hath no fury like a r3V0Lution scorned! And that we certainly have been, by the MSM and GOP thus far. You DON'T want to add to that.

It seems that you have two choices. Either:
(a) cut your losses, and walk away now, before the state GOP primary, disappearing off our political radar forever, or
(b) carry on, and blow a heck of a lot more of your children's inheritance than you have blown thus far on this spiteful, deceitful, quixotic folly of yours.

Consider yourself warned: For the sake of (1) your reputation, (2) your future career prospects, and (3) your children's inheritance, you need to walk away immediately. The longer you leave pulling out, the more intense our ire. Only an immediate, honorable withdrawal, will placate us. That is, abiding by your word not to compete. Do not even delay your withdrawal until the preselection contest. The r3V0Lution has not been fully mobilized on this matter yet, but can and will be at short notice, should you fail to withdraw from your selfish quest.

We are legion. And we are watching.

Ron Paul Meetup group #_____ based in ______________________

There are no threats in there that would enable him to justifiably call law enforcement, are there? Are we allowed to say it exactly like that? I want it to be forceful, and don't want to water it down by Committtee. I want it to have an effect, not be dismissable.

If it's good to go, let's ALL send similar ones, perhaps through our meetups, 1600 GROUPS of us letting him know that there is NO WAY he will get Dr Paul's seat. He's already blown $150,000 on it. If he carries on, he'll have to spend as much or more again, and probably still lose. Let's squash this guy, IMMEDIATELY, so that:
(a) Dr Paul can concentrate on the Presidency again
(b) Dr Paul doesn't NEED the $400,000 for his Congressional seat. That money can be spent elsewhere.
(c) This guy is distracting ALL of us from concentrating on Dr Paul's bid for the Presidency.

I reckon if we do this, this guy will withdraw, pronto.

What say ye?

Stealth4
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
stupid idea. he wont widthdraw, hell just post these rediculous messages on forums and galvanize places like redstate.

Focus your effort on supporting Ron Pauls Congressional campaign via money, effort, trying to convince this peden guy to stop with threatening messages will only backfire.

Future4u
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Nicely done . It looks fine from where I sit .

Wyurm
02-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I don't think this is such a good idea. Remember how we respond to direct attacks? I mean it sounds great to us, but it makes it look like he's a threat to us and just needs to keep going. It would accomplish the opposite of what we want.

Carole
02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
This is a bad idea and could ruin Dr. Paul's congressional campaign.

Stop this NOW, please. It is a terrible idea. :mad:

thexjib
02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
bad idea bad idea bad idea oh.... bad idea

Xenophage
02-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Threatening people is just about the worst, stupidest thing you can do.

Especially threatening republicans with a loss under the circumstance that Ron Paul runs 3rd party or indie... it absolutely guarantees you won't receive support.

Not only that, but... come on... "We are legion. We are watching."? What the hell is that?

We're not a cult.

Don't ever use the word "we" if you write to anyone as a Ron Paul supporter, for god's sake.

ArrestPoliticians
02-10-2008, 01:06 PM
great letter.

thexjib
02-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Threatening people is just about the worst, stupidest thing you can do.

Especially threatening republicans with a loss under the circumstance that Ron Paul runs 3rd party or indie... it absolutely guarantees you won't receive support.

Not only that, but... come on... "We are legion. We are watching."? What the hell is that?

We're not a cult.

Don't ever use the word "we" if you write to anyone as a Ron Paul supporter, for god's sake.
word

danda
02-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I've no idea what effect it would have, politically.

I think the people saying "bad idea" are being rude to the OP.

I do admire the writing and the "we are a force to be reckoned with" aspect of it.

tamor
02-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Stop--Better get input from Dr. Paul before preceeding. He knows the atmosphere of his district better than we do. This may have some mucho blowback

bcreps85
02-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Bad idea, he'll use the letter against us with the MSM.

On the other hand, that doesn't mean we can't mobilize against him...there is just no point in warning him.

If you feel the need to send the letter however, COPYRIGHT IT! From what I've heard, companies have started doing this to cease and desist letters so that people can't publicize them.

Talk to a lawyer first, but my understanding is that if he took it to the press you could file a lawsuit against anyone who publishes it, and him.

jeff43
02-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I agree with the others. The grassroots were a big part of the Presidential campaign, but it's a little different for a Congressional campaign which Paul continually wins over and over again. He knows what he's doing down there so it's not wise to do something that might screw it up. Paul is the incumbent favorite down there and when you're in that position, it's wise to just hold steady and maintain the lead.

ninnarae
02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Its not necessary to threaten people to defeat them- donate to Ron Paul's Congressional campaign.

Elle
02-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Instead of writing threatening letters to other candidates, write letters to voters in states that have not yet voted. If you truly feel that this movement is a force to be reckoned with than do something to move it in a forward direction. Channel your anger into something positive.

TNFreedom
02-10-2008, 01:58 PM
OMG. Please tell me you haven't already sent that. Oh please god. I can’t believe I just read that. That would be so unbelievable destructive to Dr. Paul’s campaign that it can't even be put it into words. Threatening someone participating in our democratic process, (no matter how terrible they are) no matter if the threat is violent or not is UNACCEPTABLE. How old are you? Do you think you are in the Mafia or something? I can already see the headlines on Fox news. "Paul lunies harrasing local politics in Texas congressional election." Texans are VERY proud people that do not like interference in their business. You read Peden’s adds right? He is appealing to the idea that RP has people outside Tx-14 that are trying to influence things in their district. Why feed that fire and prove his assertions to be true? If your letter there gets out it will be on the national news. Holy shit, can you say BLOWBACK?

Donate all the money you can, but don’t do anything else unless Dr. Paul himself asks you to do it or you live in TX-14. Dr. Paul and his local team can handle this and the best thing we can do is stay out of it and give him money. The worst thing we can do is feed Peden’s accusations and prove him to be right. Holy shit!

thoughtbombing
02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
http://ronpaulforcongress.chipin.com/pro-ron-paul-for-congress-ads

smear campaigns work better anyway...

constituent
02-10-2008, 02:34 PM
This is a bad idea and could ruin Dr. Paul's congressional campaign.

It could. People in the area don't take kindly to pressure from the outside.

If you want to help, put on a button up and a tie, make your way to victoria, drive down to Port Lavaca and work your way along state hwy35 up the coast to Houston. Stop in every town at the gas station, the dairy queen, and the parks handing out lit.

Do some door to door.

If you can't do that, help start a gas money pitch-in to sponsor those who could and would.

i don't think there's a tool as good as "the taxpayers' best friend" signs in existence though, says it all really.

Fields
02-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd say we don't need it. Regardless, I think it was very well written.

OrbitalGun
02-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Stop--Better get input from Dr. Paul before preceeding. He knows the atmosphere of his district better than we do. This may have some mucho blowback
I agree. While it is a fine letter, it may be too early to start burning bridges.

wowronpaul
02-10-2008, 03:07 PM
That was a powerful letter and nicely written, but it may have blowback and that's too risky.

sw33tbabiblu3
02-10-2008, 03:08 PM
bad.. don't send it please.

VaderM5
02-10-2008, 03:08 PM
TxGOP has been trying to unseat Paul for sometime now. No need to start anything negative with Peden.

grfgerger
02-10-2008, 03:13 PM
please don't do this

Dave39168
02-10-2008, 03:48 PM
yeah the letter is a bit too much. Nice effort though. How about instead of making threats, just take action, without threat.