PDA

View Full Version : Anybody live in TX-14th?

TNFreedom
02-10-2008, 10:53 AM
How is it down there? Does this Peden dude have any kind of following at all? A buddy of mine in Austin says RP is uniformly loved there, but then Austin is very different from the rest of Texas. Thoughts anybody?

Natalie
02-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I lived there until about 6 months ago. I think RP will be fine.

constitutional
02-10-2008, 10:57 AM
He'll do just fine. People are too worried here.

Wyurm
02-10-2008, 11:00 AM

Well, you need to remember all the comments from people living in various states that swore Ron Paul would win their state. Remember how that turned out? I can fully understand why people would worry. I worry about it too. Nothing in life is garunteed.

TaylnStorm
02-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Well, you need to remember all the comments from people living in various states that swore Ron Paul would win their state. Remember how that turned out? I can fully understand why people would worry. I worry about it too. Nothing in life is garunteed.

Ditto. We must help RP fight for every vote.

lastnymleft
02-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Well, i'm a little worried. For the last 10 years, Dr Paul has probably had low turnout for his GOP primary. Now, he has galvanized the supporters of McCain, giuiliani, Romney, Thompson, Huckabee against him. This guy Peden is basically running *as* Dr Paul, but with a dash of war. The supporters of the other guys would all LOVE that, and they would LOVE to be able to teach the r3V0Lution a lesson.

How do you know the cumulative sum of all the other GOP supporters in TX CD-14 won't turn out to bounce Dr Paul from the primary selection? Remember, it's not the general that's the problem, it's the primary.

See what you think about this as an idea for a strong letter against this guy:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1236274

jeff43
02-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Paul has yet to be challenged in his 12 years there and I find it hard to believe that he'll be in much trouble. Penden isn't much of a threat and once he gets past him he goes up against a Democrat in a Republican heavy state/district.

TNFreedom
02-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Paul has yet to be challenged in his 12 years there and I find it hard to believe that he'll be in much trouble. Penden isn't much of a threat and once he gets past him he goes up against a Democrat in a Republican heavy state/district.

I admire your dedication Jeff43. Most folks of your kind don't work this hard.

zadrock
02-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I didn't think there was a Democrat running for the seat. I think the primary on 3/4 is, for all intents and purposes, the election for the Congressional seat since whoever wins will be running unopposed in November.

Z

jeff43
02-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Is that supposed to be sarcastic? I've donated everything I can to Ron Paul's Congressional run. I support him 100%. 2 other people in this thread said Ron Paul will be fine. He's pretty popular in his district and Penden is pretty much an unknown. It's hard to unseat an incumbent. Once Paul gets past Penden, it's smooth sailing and that's pretty much common knowledge. A Democrat is not going to beat Paul in his district, if a Democrat even tries to beat him. He's ran unopposed a couple times.

TNFreedom
02-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Is that supposed to be sarcastic? I've donated everything I can to Ron Paul's Congressional run. I support him 100%. 2 other people in this thread said Ron Paul will be fine. He's pretty popular in his district and Penden is pretty much an unknown. It's hard to unseat an incumbent. Once Paul gets past Penden, it's smooth sailing and that's pretty much common knowledge. A Democrat is not going to beat Paul in his district, if a Democrat even tries to beat him. He's ran unopposed a couple times.

Haha. No sarcasm. I am genuinely impressed, you've been working very hard in here over the past few days. And you are good, very subtle. Back to ignoring you now.

warmth of the sun
02-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Well I was at the rally today and Peden was having his own thing at the same time. His room had maybe 40 people and there were probably 1600+ there to see Ron Paul, so I am sure he was a bit worried.

amberj
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Well I was at the rally today and Peden was having his own thing at the same time. His room had maybe 40 people and there were probably 1600+ there to see Ron Paul, so I am sure he was a bit worried.

I was there too. It was pretty funny. None of the Peden people would make eye contact as they were running out of there. Meanwhile Ron Paul had swarms of people surrounding him outside as usual. Peden's people had to sit there and watch hundreds of RP people walking by their window. That guy should be embarrassed. Especially after putting out those attack fliers.