PDA

View Full Version : Brokered Convention Still a Possibility

DrZ
02-10-2008, 03:22 AM
There's still a decent possibility of a brokered convention, despite the MSM's anointment of McCain as the presumptive nominee... check out the math: if we use the delegate totals from CNN (which are probably biased in favor of McCain), McCain has 714 while Romney + Huckabee + Paul have 519, with 1191 needed for the nomination. 714 to 519 is hardly an insurmountable lead, and right now, Huckabee has kicked McCain's butt in Kansas & Louisiana and is poised to do the same in Virginia. Then there's Texas, where both Huckabee and Paul are running strong. With a little momentum, McCain could lose state after state. If McCain keeps getting embarrassed in upcoming states, his 17 "Unpledged Delegates" will likely desert him. I'm not much of a Huckabee fan, but I'm enjoying tonight's results, because I love to see McCain lose. I think a majority of Republicans are not McCain fans either. It ain't over!

DrZ
02-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Just checked Politico's web site, and their delegate totals are 719 to 546, probably more up-to-date from Saturday's primaries.

Join The Paul Side
02-10-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm happy today. :)

LibertyEagle
02-10-2008, 03:40 AM
Guys, the discussion on brokered conventions is taking place in the National Convention subforum, here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239

I'll leave this thread in GC for a little while, but eventually it will be moved. When it is, there will be a link left in this subforum for it's new location.

literatim
02-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Huckabee doesn't get any delegates from Lousiana.

Hook
02-10-2008, 04:04 AM
The fact of the matter is that no one knows how the national delegates will work out, since many are determined by State caucus votes that haven't even been cast yet. All those numbers are complete BS, and we all know it.

A good chunk of the delegates are now "unbound" since Romney dropped out as well.

We just don't know yet, and probably won't until a month before the Nat. Convention.

cien750hp
02-10-2008, 04:13 AM
The fact of the matter is that no one knows how the national delegates will work out, since many are determined by State caucus votes that haven't even been cast yet. All those numbers are complete BS, and we all know it.

A good chunk of the delegates are now "unbound" since Romney dropped out as well.

We just don't know yet, and probably won't until a month before the Nat. Convention.

yeah unfortunately people dont realize that votes really dont have that much influence, its the delegates that do. then will you tell them that the delegate numbers are all made up, they say "oh yeah its all a media conspiracy to not give dr paul any time and now make up delegate info"

JulioForPaul
02-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Why is the MSM reporting that McCain is getting 41 of the 47 delegates in Louisiana? Didn't the conservative "Pro-Family" slate win the vast majority of delegates? Weren't they mostly Thompson supporters? Do they not count anymore?

BlueCalico
02-22-2008, 11:28 PM
THE CONVENTION DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BROKERED! We can overturn Rules at the State Conventions. Google - [your state] Republican Convention. Look for your state information at ronpaul2008.com, States.

STUDY and LEARN!