PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State Fair: "Cast Your Kernel"

Badger4Paul
08-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Channel 13, WHO-TV has a stand set up at the IA state fair where you can "cast your kernel" by voting for a presidential candidate. They are displaying a series of jars with a picture of a candidate attached to each, and people can literally put a kernel in a jar to vote for a candidate.
This of course means that if you are able to hit up the IA state fair that you make sure you find this booth.
The results are updated ~hourly live on their website:
www.iowavotes2008.com
find the "Iowa Votes at the State Fair" graphical link further down the front page.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Not good numbers :(

yoshimaroka
08-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Romney 35%
Giuliani 13%
F.Thompson 12%
Huckabee 10%
Tancredo 6%
Brownback 5%
Hunter 4%
Paul 4%
McCain 4%
T.Thompson 4%
Cox 1%

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 01:39 PM
We need to pick up the numbers

Mr. White
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I'll take tied with 'top-tier' candidate mccain any day. keep your chin up folks, nomatter what happens.

Eli
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM
check out their writeup on ron paul. It's great

http://www.iowavotes2008.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&candID=23

richard1984
08-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I'll take tied with 'top-tier' candidate mccain any day. keep your chin up folks, nomatter what happens.

Thank you. We need the encouragement.

(By the way, we have the same last name. I'm "Mr. White," too. :D )

richard1984
08-10-2007, 01:52 PM
check out their writeup on ron paul. It's great

http://www.iowavotes2008.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&candID=23

Of course, they use the bad picture.... And the write-up is just taken from his house.gov/paul website. Oh well. No big deal.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Thank you. We need the encouragement.

(By the way, we have the same last name. I'm "Mr. White," too. :D )

wow... I'm a "Mr Black" :D

j/k lol

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 02:06 PM
it literally is updated by the hour...

as soon as 4:00 hit...

*update*

Romney 37% +2
Giuliani 13%
F.Thompson 12%
Huckabee 10%
Tancredo 6%
Brownback 5%
Hunter 4%
Paul 4%
McCain 3% -1
T.Thompson 4%
Cox 1%

Where exactly did Romney get his 2 points from? lol and it now shows a couple 0% on the democrat side, how is this possible when they has 1% previously? hmm Mccain lost 1 point heh

tmg19103
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, how many of those kernal tossers are going to bother to pay $35 for F. Thompson or Rudy since they are not involved in Iowa? Also, RP is right behind Tancredo, Brownback and Hunter.

All this shows is that Willard should be a runaway as expected. Huckabee does look strong and I think the pastor thing plays well in Iowa (will be different in New Hampshire).

I see RP 3rd-5th, and I'll be fine with any of those results.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm still hoping for the win... let's balance some factors:

*Thompson is at 4%, who the hell supports this guy? This means that very few people have casted their kernals

*Vounteers are out spreading the message and not seeing this

*we will gain more support as it's been said that THOUSANDS of ron paul slim jims were put on cars... thousands

I'm still confident that we'll take the win on this one.

cujothekitten
08-10-2007, 02:23 PM
If you know anyone that's out there right now give them a call and let them know about this :)

tmg19103
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Also, isn't the state fair 35 miles from Ames? The straw poll really attracts the hardcore supporters of candidates and activists willing to show up. I bet a lot of those state fair kernal voters will not attend the straw poll and most are clueless and just going with the big names.

My guess - Romeny 1st, Huckabee 2nd and a horse race for 3rd.

rich34
08-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, how many of those kernal tossers are going to bother to pay $35 for F. Thompson or Rudy since they are not involved in Iowa? Also, RP is right behind Tancredo, Brownback and Hunter.

All this shows is that Willard should be a runaway as expected. Huckabee does look strong and I think the pastor thing plays well in Iowa (will be different in New Hampshire).

I see RP 3rd-5th, and I'll be fine with any of those results.

That's about the same thought process I had. Also I'd be willing to bet that Ron's supporters are still out trying to work the people so hopefully there will be a late surge for Ron Paul at the polls tomorrow. :-)

angelatc
08-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Channel 13, WHO-TV has a stand set up at the IA state fair where you can "cast your kernel" by voting for a presidential candidate. They are displaying a series of jars with a picture of a candidate attached to each, and people can literally put a kernel in a jar to vote for a candidate.
This of course means that if you are able to hit up the IA state fair that you make sure you find this booth.
The results are updated ~hourly live on their website:
www.iowavotes2008.com
find the "Iowa Votes at the State Fair" graphical link further down the front page.

Urgh.

Welcome to the forums, Badger!

Shink
08-10-2007, 02:35 PM
My wife was there earlier, and mentioned how Billary's is nearly overflowing, and it made here suspect that people probably took some out of Ron's jar.

rich34
08-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Hopefully we'll see when it's time to put their money where their mouth is!

FreedomLover
08-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm still hoping for the win... let's balance some factors:

*Thompson is at 4%, who the hell supports this guy? This means that very few people have casted their kernals

*Vounteers are out spreading the message and not seeing this

*we will gain more support as it's been said that THOUSANDS of ron paul slim jims were put on cars... thousands

I'm still confident that we'll take the win on this one.

I wish I had that kind of optimism. :)

tmg19103
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Another thought because this is really bugging me. Tancredo and Huckabee are the threats in Iowa per this kernal toss (I give Romney the win). Those two have spent everything they have on Iowa. Huckabee has the tax and pastor angle and Tancredo has made it all about stopping illegal immigration. Tancredo will be broke after Iowa and get no more money - even if he finishes 3rd (which is doubtful). If Huckabee pulls off 2nd he should get a financial boost.

After the straw poll, even if RP finishes 5th, Brownback, T. Thompson, Tancredo, Hunter and Cox are broke. Even if they decide to limp into N.H./S.C./Nevada - they have no money.

RP just had his biggest single financial day yesterday - and you know he is saving it, plus all his supporters provide millions of dollars in grassroots support, which keeps growing by the day with more and more money coming in. It just snowballs for RP as time goes on.

Going into Super Tuesday, I see the pack whittled down to Huckabee, Romney, F. Thompson, Giuliani and RP (and Huckabee may be gone by then). Those four will take votes from each other and RP gets the anti-war, pro-constitution, pro-freedom vote. Should become very interesting. Either the Republican faithful will find one pro-war talking head to rally around, or with more and more exposure - RP's message will resonate and he takes it.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
It hasn't updated yet... same numbers

Psyclone
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I like your analysis, tmg19103. Whoever finishes second in the straw poll (Huckabee or Brownback, I am guessing) will get a boost from the MSM coverage that could translate into more donations. Huckabee and Brownback are splitting the Christian conservatives vote right now, but whoever finishes higher in the straw poll will likely get ALL that support after the straw poll. Thus, I predict that either Huckabee or Brownback will also make it to Super Tuesday.

Badger4Paul
08-10-2007, 04:31 PM
*update* ~5:15 cdt 8/10

Romney 38% +1
Giuliani 13%
F.Thompson 12%
Huckabee 10%
Tancredo 6%
T.Thompson 6% +2
Brownback 5%
Hunter 4%
-->Paul 4%
McCain 3%
Cox 1%

(Total = 102%)

T.Thompson gets a 2 point bump from his speech and visit. Perhaps he promised to cure cancer once again?

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
oh my god... Tommy Thompson ? LOL what a JOKE. His own constituency calls him things like "mental midget" and "a stupid fool," I've read many articles on him ;)

Razmear
08-10-2007, 04:46 PM
what is the direct link to these numbers? I can't find it from the link provided

eb

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.iowavotes2008.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2298&Itemid=72