PDA

View Full Version : I'll tell you this right now about the libertarian party

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Fuck them, they should've been supporting Ron Paul, not shunning him. They are about as libertarian today as the patriot act is patriotic. Fuck you Libertarian party.

Flash
02-10-2008, 09:54 AM
They supported Paul as much as they could. What are you talking about?

familydog
02-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe the OP means the thousands of libertarian party members that could have voted for Paul but snubbed him.

thekeeper
02-10-2008, 10:29 AM
In my two Ron Paul meetups that I attend, we have Libertarians that are still working for Dr. Paul. Some of the other folks have stopped attending, but the Libertarians are all still attending and working.

Member: Libertarian Party
Texas Libertarian Party

Kludge
02-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Maybe the OP means the thousands of libertarian party members that could have voted for Paul but snubbed him.

Ummm.... I'm Libertarian and I voted for him. I'm not aware of any Libertarians that I know of who haven't actively campaigned for Ron. All the Libertarian magazines are rooting for Ron Paul (though most don't think he'll win) that I read.

So..... wtf are you talking about? The LP is tiny in comparison to Reps or Dems. It's a two party system and we're not in it.

georgedonnelly
02-11-2008, 07:02 AM
LP member right here who donated to him significant amounts more than once.

Kingfisher
02-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Warrior of freedom showed his intellect in more ways than one.....................................LIBERTERIA N for Ron Paul

angelatc
02-11-2008, 07:21 AM
The Libertarian Party never agrees on anything. There were a number of LPers supporting RP, and a number of LPers who didn't.

steph3n
02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
The Libertarian Party never agrees on anything. There were a number of LPers supporting RP, and a number of LPers who didn't.

Agreed on #1, they never agree on anything, and therefore never get any traction in elections. The'y prefer petty infighting than working to get elected ignoring a minor disagreement over prochoice or prolife, or some other nonsense.

familydog
02-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Ummm.... I'm Libertarian and I voted for him. I'm not aware of any Libertarians that I know of who haven't actively campaigned for Ron. All the Libertarian magazines are rooting for Ron Paul (though most don't think he'll win) that I read.

So..... wtf are you talking about? The LP is tiny in comparison to Reps or Dems. It's a two party system and we're not in it.

Read some exit polls and look at who some of the LP people were voting for. Did I say ALL LP members were snubbing him? No. So wtf are you talking about?

PennCustom4RP
02-11-2008, 08:16 AM
In my two Ron Paul meetups that I attend, we have Libertarians that are still working for Dr. Paul. Some of the other folks have stopped attending, but the Libertarians are all still attending and working.

Member: Libertarian Party
Texas Libertarian Party

I have to agree here, nearly all of the people in my meet-up are Libertarians., and all like myself did re-register as Republican to support RP.

Caulfield
02-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Fuck them, they should've been supporting Ron Paul, not shunning him. They are about as libertarian today as the patriot act is patriotic. Fuck you Libertarian party.

http://www.lp.org/fp/article_546.shtml

Here's a little crow.

Spirit of '76
02-11-2008, 09:33 AM
The LP as a party has done a lot for Dr. Paul already, and there are plenty of LP folks who are still in this for Dr. Paul.

My only problem with the Libertarian Party is that they seem to a large degree to have a defeatist attitude. It's like they've become so used to not winning that they enter races with the expectation that they won't win, and they shoot themselves in the foot in one way or another. Losing becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of that rubbed off on this campaign, particularly on the official campaign staff.

DealzOnWheelz
02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Trying to organize Libertarians is like herding ANGRY CATS

for the most part they do support him but the ones that don't support him do so for the stupidest reason

I think some people in the Libertarian party are looking for the "PERFECT" candidate and are unwilling to waver on an issue here an there because he may not be 100% Libertarian

Not to mention it's been like pulling teeth trying to get some of them to register republican it's like they feel as if their soul will be tarnished forever or something

LukeNM
02-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Relax -- we do not need them!

mtmedlin
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Read my siggy!