PDA

View Full Version : My Day at the Caucus

Tugboat1988
02-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Had a good day today. Went to the Washington Republican Caucusas, I registered designating Dr. Ron Paul as my choice. Met Dave Montgomery there. He's the Boeing engineer that I served on his campaign committee when he ran for US House of Representatives back when I was younger. We had a good talk and got up on some history past from those days. Broke off into precincts and began the process of organization. We voted to select delegates. I was one of the three we were given, as a Ron Paul delegate. Odd, I was the only one in my precinct for Dr. Paul yet tied another guy for most of the votes. Most were for the Huckster, one was for Romney. Nobody thought to claim McCain. Then, the party representative asked me, begged me, offered my weight in Ron Paul gold coin, to be PCO (Precinct Committee Officer). I asked him if I was elected or something. He said "yes please". Well, but only because you want to work with me while I go to battle with EPA and the State over the Clean Drinking Water Act, and because it will help me go far in the convention process for the Dr. Ron Paul message nobody wants out. So, I filled out another place on a card with name, address, phone, e-mail addy and gave it to him. Gosh more forms than joining up in the military! This is going to get good when Sen Patty Murray finds out I'm back in Washington -- OREO SNICKERS!

Another thing we did was propose 'Resolutions' for the State Republican Platform. I tossed in two ideas. I guess they didn't know that somebody let my dogs out -- snicker. They'll find out soon enough though. As my first, I wanted the stars on the Republican Avatar Elephant set right side up or I wouldn't touch anything that had those upside-down devil symbols on them. "OH, I never noticed that....." Does that mean, a devil sssss.....OH!" Debate? No? "We aught to form a resolution out of it."

My other thing was about the president's obligation to "see that the laws are faithfully executed." I explained that when he addes his signature, he is executing the law like the Constitution requires. If that's so, and there is unconstitutional provisions in the bill, there is nothing being "faithfully executed" if he signs them into law. We aught to require him to have an analysis of the Bill to insure there is nothng Unconstitutional about it, and he aught to look through it as well, before he signs. Well, the guy for the State party still had that frozen, stunned look about him as he blankly stared my way. Then he smiled, then he really smiled. Somebody said, "We need to form that one into a resolution as well."

Well, there's my report, and I'm sticking with it. I sturred a little, met some good people and if I could have talked a little more, maybe there'd'a'been (that's NY talk) some people jumping over to join up with me to select Dr. Ron Paul. But, what do I know. It was a good day.

Tugboat