PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Caucuses...

Soccrmastr
02-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Crazy shit happening. From Daily Paul http://www.dailypaul.com/node/36385 :

That's right...

Today we held our local district conventions and selected our delegates to the State convention in Alaska. We turned out the Paulites! Not only did we get a clear majority of delegates to the state (we were very organized and completely stealthy in this - it was like a surprise attack by Ron Paul), but listen to this...

While we were there we voted on platform changes for the state GOP. You will not believe some of the stuff that passed!

The most controversial one was the one that I proposed. There was a section in the platform that said the Republican Party of Alaska opposes any sort of gaming (gambling) in the state on the basis that it is harmful to families and communities. I proposed striking that out entirely, from the standpoint of personal and economic liberty, and after huge debate and three recounts my movement PASSED by ONE VOTE! So now that its passed the local level, it'll go on to state!

Guess what else?

Another Ron Paul supporter proposed striking out and replacing a section that said something to the effect of: "The Republican Party of Alaska supports the aggressive world wide war on terror and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan." The replacement that PASSED read something like: "We will not support military intervention in a foreign country unless a constitutional, congressional declaration of war is made." How HUGE is that?

And perhaps the craziest win of the day, in my opinion, was when we passed a movement to change the party platform to read that we, as Republicans, support the legalization of industrial hemp. LOL!

Lots of other awesome platform changes passed, having to do with state's rights, educational choice, and immigration. Everything was in line with the Ron Paul platform, and pretty Libertarian sounding!

The other conventions that took place elsewhere today and earlier in the week have also reported high numbers of Ron Paul delegates to the state convention, and similar interesting successes at their local level. It really looks to me like we can go to the state convention and ENACT some extremely controversial party platform changes! It would be so great to see the neo-cons have to run independent for failing to endorse the Republican Party platform, and so great to see them squirm in terror when they realize that RON PAUL has TAKEN OVER THEIR PARTY!

Anyway... I just had to share this!

jsu718
02-10-2008, 01:46 AM
That is in the top sticky.